No announcement yet.

New Greatest Hits for Chavez-Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
    I don't think Martinez expected Barker to fight the way he did. It definitely threw him off in the earlier rounds.

You could almost say the same thing about Chavez though. Recently, his only bad performance was against Zbik. He beat Rubio, Manfredo, and Lee easily.

I don't know who to go for in this fight. I like Martinez but, for some reason, I get a feeling Chavez Jr. might actually upset him.
    I don't think the Zbik performance was necessarily bad. Zbik fought Chavez's fight and yet he couldn't put him away. He forced Rubio to fight his fight and couldn't put him away either. He forced Lee to fight his fight and stopped him. I really believe that Jr's power/chin is overrated. He has yet to get hit with an "OH *****" punch. Sure, Lee and Rubio are hard punchers, but Jr. could see them coming and also, they were fighting in a phone booth. They couldn't create enough space to get their shots off with maximum leverage.

I think he won't be able to enforce his weight and will on Sergio like he did to all the others. Sergio is gonna circle him like a vulture, he's gonna drop his hands, and he's going to put in work. He's gonna box, he's gonna counter, he'll clinch anytime he gets his back on the ropes or he'll counter off of them.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 08-23-2012, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Sergio was on the canvas by lighter punchers than Chávez. I dont think he will be able to withstand Chávez onslaught.

Comment

Originally posted by Bababoey970 View Post
        Sergio was on the canvas by lighter punchers than Chávez. I dont think he will be able to withstand Chávez onslaught.
        You need to watch those knockdowns again, cuz it has more to do with being off-balance/feet getting tangled than the power of the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          You need to watch those knockdowns again, cuz it has more to do with being off-balance/feet getting tangled than the power of the opponent.
          Yea I know they weren't flashy knock downs. I still think Chávez will put Sergio on the canvas.

Comment

so pumped for this fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Bababoey970 View Post
              They were merely moments of being off balance. He even tripped over macklin's foot and they called it a KD....he was never hurt at all and he dominated the remainder of the fights he got flash kd'd in.

Comment

Well, that's a good preview of the fight... JCC Jr. is just going to come foward and get hit in the head a lot and win.
                Why did they put him beating up an old dude as a greatest hit? Just because he avenged his dad?
                Oh lol

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Sure let me get that for you, Chavez Jr highlight reel...

Here's Turdgio's Gayest hits.

What a fruit cake. Makes you wonder how he gets guy fans

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    I don't think the Zbik performance was necessarily bad. Zbik fought Chavez's fight and yet he couldn't put him away. He forced Rubio to fight his fight and couldn't put him away either. He forced Lee to fight his fight and stopped him. I really believe that Jr's power/chin is overrated. He has yet to get hit with an "OH *****" punch. Sure, Lee and Rubio are hard punchers, but Jr. could see them coming and also, they were fighting in a phone booth. They couldn't create enough space to get their shots off with maximum leverage.

I think he won't be able to enforce his weight and will on Sergio like he did to all the others. Sergio is gonna circle him like a vulture, he's gonna drop his hands, and he's going to put in work. He's gonna box, he's gonna counter, he'll clinch anytime he gets his back on the ropes or he'll counter off of them.
                    That's bad. Especially in hindsight. Since that fight, Felix Sturm, an old guy not known for power, stopped Zbik in 9 rounds.

I agree with the second paragraph, but like I said, I just have this feeling that Chavez Jr. is going to pull off the upset. Maybe I think Sergio Martinez is just getting up there in age and his legs are going to be shot. I don't know. Just a feeling I got...

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
                      That's bad. Especially in hindsight. Since that fight, Felix Sturm, an old guy not known for power, stopped Zbik in 9 rounds.

I agree with the second paragraph, but like I said, I just have this feeling that Chavez Jr. is going to pull off the upset. Maybe I think Sergio Martinez is just getting up there in age and his legs are going to be shot. I don't know. Just a feeling I got...
                      Well, the argument can be made that he's improved since then, or maybe Zbik was just that tough. He made him fight his fight, and that's the biggest step. If he can get Martinez to do that, then he almost has the fight in the bag. If he can force Sergio to square up and exchange, then that's how he'll break him down. But I think Sergio is too smart for that. He'll probably exchange once in a while to take advantage of the speed disparity, but other than that, I see him boxing and out-maneuvering Jr. for 12 rounds. Will Chavez catch up with him at one point, yes. But it's because Sergio is gonna allow him to do so. Fighters don't just physically unravel in one fight, and Sergio hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. He'll be alright. Everything that Sergio does in this fight will be done with a purpose.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 08-24-2012, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X