Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it that people believe...........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
    and take breaks??? are u kidden me...those whom take breaks get beat down and are worthless..u may not b engaging but having to focus and be ready for the next shot or combo is not taking a break....body wise possibly..mentally none at all...if u can count the inbetween stages of contact as a break then one can count the laying on the back stage of wrestling a break
    Not true, ever heard of "taking rounds off". Happens all the time in boxing. You can move, hold without exerting yourself.

I have never wrestled competitively so I will take your word for it but I wrestled a few times in the gym and was exhausted.

You need your whole body and every muscle. Boxing is hard because your getting hit. I'm not saying wrestling is tougher, I just think it takes more cardio. Especially when you have to carry all that muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      Not true, ever heard of "taking rounds off". Happens all the time in boxing. You can move, hold without exerting yourself.

I have never wrestled competitively so I will take your word for it but I wrestled a few times in the gym and was exhausted.

You need your whole body and every muscle. Boxing is hard because your getting hit. I'm not saying wrestling is tougher, I just think it takes more cardio. Especially when you have to carry all that muscle.
      well mayb def wrestling....i'm semi referring to Jits tho most the time...but one thing for sure when i got respect for actual wrestlers....was in college i ran track...and i'd def say wrestlers and soccer players are some iiiiiiiin shape runnen fools...but not as fast lol wrestlers def work hard but far as haven to b in better conditioning i'm not sure...matches dont usually last around say 30 minutes even wich would b a 10rd boxing fight....and we agree i think on the exhaustion part of wrestling...u prob tire out wrestling way quicker tho than u do boxing correct??? but its the opposite for guys whom just wrestle....they get tired boxing quicker

Comment

There have always been people who equate physical violence to a lack of integrity and don't accept that theres an art form from displaying simple foot work let alone applying foot work to repositioning your opponent so you can skillfully apply a five punch combination. Don't let peoples opinions who have no knowledge of the sport concern you. I've always liked the definition of boxing as the game simular to "chess, with consequences". Pretty much details the activity perfectly. Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          There have always been people who equate physical violence to a lack of integrity and don't accept that theres an art form from displaying simple foot work let alone applying foot work to repositioning your opponent so you can skillfully apply a five punch combination. Don't let peoples opinions who have no knowledge of the sport concern you. I've always liked the definition of boxing as the game simular to "chess, with consequences". Pretty much details the activity perfectly. Ray
          I like that.

This is what to say to those who look down upon boxing

As far as integrity as a fighter I was taught that you are to handle yourself with class, in the sport as well as away from it. I had a trainer named Greg Rice when I was between the ages of 15-19 years old. He is truely one of the mentors that have molded me through my years.

As far as "violence", it has been enbedded in our culture since the beginning of time and while some may not enjoy watching "violence" they will still watch it too. Some might watch it longer than others but essentially all will see.

Past violence you could call it combat if you like. We are people and since anything could be documented there have been wars within mankind. Aggression is a natural trait.

You may even want to try using the term "street fight", 2 guys just standing infront of each other beating the **** out out of one another. Picture Iran Barkley vs Jake Lamotta warring with bare fists in the street. While it would be a classic war it would be grotesque just the same.

Call it what you like, essentially everybody will. But 2 men making a contract to use padded gloves, in a controled enviornment, to test eachothers skills in a pugilistic fashion is not violence. That is an art.

Aswell, if all wars were only fought in the ring mankind would be much better off..........Rockin'
          Last edited by Rockin'; 01-10-2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
            well mayb def wrestling....i'm semi referring to Jits tho most the time...but one thing for sure when i got respect for actual wrestlers....was in college i ran track...and i'd def say wrestlers and soccer players are some iiiiiiiin shape runnen fools...but not as fast lol wrestlers def work hard but far as haven to b in better conditioning i'm not sure...matches dont usually last around say 30 minutes even wich would b a 10rd boxing fight....and we agree i think on the exhaustion part of wrestling...u prob tire out wrestling way quicker tho than u do boxing correct??? but its the opposite for guys whom just wrestle....they get tired boxing quicker
            Yea I mean I can't wrestle for **** and maybe that's why I get tired because it doesn't come naturally for me. As I'm sure it doesn't come naturally for a wrestler to box.

All I know is I wrestled for like 2 minutes and had nothing left in the tank.

Comment

To be fair i seen that argument on that thread about taking a week off, if i knew i was going into a fight against a guy who had a week off training id be much more confident going into the fight rather than knowing he busted his ass in training

Comment

the conditioning differences between wrestlers / boxers are due to them using different energy systems/ boxing is aerobic alactic, wrestling lactic. i think wrestling is just as hard as boxing, and i love it, but i had to give up because its just too dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
                  the conditioning differences between wrestlers / boxers are due to them using different energy systems/ boxing is aerobic alactic, wrestling lactic. i think wrestling is just as hard as boxing, and i love it, but i had to give up because its just too dangerous
                  id say boxing is aerobic, lactic while wrestling is anerobic, lactic.

the below studies show that lactic threshold is a very important part to boxing.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...7ekjEWkkTTgpeg

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8543363

http://www.members.shaw.ca/sylvio.fe...Physiology.pdf

though the real reason for a diffrence is that the boxer trains for boxing while the wrestler trains for wrestling.
                  Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 01-11-2012, 05:38 AM.

Comment

I agree with Rockin' for the most part, except for the part which he says muscle dissipates after the 2nd day. I'd imagine it would take a couple of weeks. I see what he means as far as the discipline factore. Too many punks out there think they'll make it in the sport just by doing mediocre workouts. I do have one question for Rockin'. I know you don't box anymore, but if you were to do it all over again, what would you do differently?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyPelican View Post
                      I agree with Rockin' for the most part, except for the part which he says muscle dissipates after the 2nd day. I'd imagine it would take a couple of weeks. I see what he means as far as the discipline factore. Too many punks out there think they'll make it in the sport just by doing mediocre workouts. I do have one question for Rockin'. I know you don't box anymore, but if you were to do it all over again, what would you do differently?
                      I would do 1 thing differently if I had the chance. I would have kicked that b1tch to the curb and kept on fighting, long story there. And I'm speaking of my ex-girlfriend not about Jackie Kallen. I loved Jackie then and I still love Jackie to this day, she's great. ...............Rockin'
                      Last edited by Rockin'; 01-14-2012, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X