Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito-Mosley, Marquez-Diaz, Cotto-Clottey tied for highest HBO 2009 ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Margarito-Mosley, Marquez-Diaz, Cotto-Clottey tied for highest HBO 2009 ratings

Those 3 were virtually tied in HBO's boxing broadcasts ratings which was around 1.7 million viewers. I would like to ad that thinking back, those were 3 top caliber fights that were on free HBO, good stuff.

The latter two don't surprise me at all... both of those fights were supposed to be very evenly matched and very competitive.

Margarito-Mosley was supposed to be a complete execution. It wasn't going to be competitive in my wildest dreams.

I was obviously wrong, but... it surprises me that so many people tuned in to see that fight, at least as many as Marquez-Diaz and Cotto-Clottey.

Comment

JMM-Diaz is teh fight of the Year IMo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Best thing about that. All three fights were exciting.

All three fights had great crowds too. In venues outside of Vegas.
        Last edited by -Antonio-; 06-26-2009, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Cool. All them fights were good.

Comment

I heard that the Winky Wright-Paul Williams fight had the most viewers even though it didn't draw **** at the gate. That's good for Paul's stock.

Comment

that's what happens when they dont put a $50 tag on their fights...people WILL watch

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
                Those 3 were virtually tied in HBO's boxing broadcasts ratings which was around 1.7 million viewers. I would like to ad that thinking back, those were 3 top caliber fights that were on free HBO, good stuff.
                1.7 million and they were FREE!?..

Pffft!..Mayweather did 2.4 mill at $54.95 a pop!..they need to up they numbers!..

Comment

Working...
                X