No announcement yet.

RECOMMEND me a SONG for an EDWIN "EL INCA" VALERO tribute:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RECOMMEND me a SONG for an EDWIN "EL INCA" VALERO tribute:

I'm making a career/life tribute video in 3 movements for Valero.

It originally was conceived as just a single movement set to The Doors' 'Not To Touch The Earth', which, at the moment, is in a state of near completion.
    Now I want that to be the centerpiece of a 3 piece suite, the section which will house the meat of the boxing footage, so I have 2 more sections to make and 2 more pieces of music to choose - one I'm set on is Riz Ortolani's Cannibal Holocaust theme to back a more poignant reel laced with slow-motion footage, to be either the 1st/opening or 3rd/final movement, depending on what other piece of found music I select. That theme is so remarkable for its inexplicable evocation of our world's immemorial savagery through conversely beautiful textures and sumptuous, elegiac melody, highlighting the maddening, inseperable juxtaposition of violence and equally essential tenderness inherent in existence - and I feel it will create the same effect of emotional counterpoint when set to images like this,

as it did when set to images like this,

I flinch from nothing if it's integral to my interpretive vision for the piece, so crime-scene photos from room 624 will likely be incorporated among the elements of the remaining section, for which I need to decide on another piece of music.

As of now, I was thinking of using Bobby Beausoleil's music from Kenneth Anger's Lucifer Rising, so that the piece would cycle through Lucifer Rising > Not To Touch The Earth > Cannibal Holocaust, but that's not set in stone if I find something else.

Another candidate instead of Lucifer Rising is 'Die To Be One' or even possibly 'No Wrong', both songs written by Charles Manson and performed by Clem Grogan and The Family

Here's what I have so far,

PART 1

(0:00-4:05)

OR

OR

PART 2

PART 3

So suggest me some others for the section that is currently labelled as part 1, and which will focus on Valero and his family's destruction and the theme of death in general. I ideally want to place that section first, based on my current music choices and because I feel the directly macabre element should come first, with the more redemptive, edifying, empathetic rumination on man's fragility and his carnage upon himself (Cannibal Holocaust) to finish on a 'positive' feel.

Suggestions should be different in mood to the Doors tune and the Ortolani theme, preferably communicating morbidity but in a cinematic way.

Hit me.
    Last edited by MACAQUEINBLACK; 11-02-2010, 10:23 PM.

Let's hope that one way or another, Edwin Valero is suffering right now.

Comment

LOL j/K

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
        Let's hope that one way or another, Edwin Valero is suffering right now.
        Yeah, I was expecting you here based on past remarks of this nature.

Thanks for your contribution, that was some stellar input. Yawn.

Originally posted by SwoleBiceps View Post
        LOL j/K
        LOL, I'm listening all the same.

A bit "angsty", not quite the morbidity I was looking for, hahhahaa.

Comment

Normally I think older rock suits better for highlight videos, but I really think "Rooster" by Alice in Chains could suit it well depending on how well you can piece it in. But I like your song choices very much. I think "Rooster" could provide those sentimental moments that would add to his death, but also it would be incorporated with the hard, explosiveness the song moves into that would almost make you see a resemblance in the mood of the song with his explosive, all power style that would give you a greater feel of when he devastated his opponents. But I'm sure I'm not much help, but I'm really curious in seeing how your video turns out; I'm a fan of Valero.

Comment

Originally posted by R O A ☪
            Yeah, I was expecting you here based on past remarks of this nature.

Thanks for your contribution, that was some stellar input. Yawn.
            I apologize ahead of time. I don't excuse subhuman actions because they come from men with superhuman athletic abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
              Normally I think older rock suits better for highlight videos, but I really think "Rooster" by Alice in Chains could suit it well depending on how well you can piece it in. But I like your song choices very much. I think "Rooster" could provide those sentimental moments that would add to his death, but also it would be incorporated with the hard, explosiveness the song moves into that would almost make you see a resemblance in the mood of the song with his explosive, all power style that would give you a greater feel of when he devastated his opponents. But I'm sure I'm not much help, but I'm really curious in seeing how your video turns out; I'm a fan of Valero.
              Embed me that song if you can, bro, and thanks for the input.

Comment

Highway to hell by ac/dc...lol

Comment

Originally posted by R O A ☪ View Post
                  Embed me that song if you can, bro, and thanks for the input.
                  Sorry if there's extra **** on this video, I clicked the first result.

Comment

BG_Knocc_Out, TY.

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
                    I apologize ahead of time. I don't excuse subhuman actions because they come from men with superhuman athletic abilities.
                    Who's asking you to excuse anything?

This thread isn't even about that.

So, maybe just chip in with a tune if you have an idea? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X