This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL groups are tasty.

First reasonably dull group I can remember us getting though. Need to stop rinsing my work holidays and get to a few more of these, Lyon looks a good trip. Hoffenheim looks like a farm.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
      CL groups are tasty.

First reasonably dull group I can remember us getting though. Need to stop rinsing my work holidays and get to a few more of these, Lyon looks a good trip. Hoffenheim looks like a farm.
      It quite literally is. A small village, with the nearest major City being Stuttgart about 2 hours away.

Their stadium isn't even in Hoffenheim. Strange case of a corporate owned team playing in the 5th tier about 15 years ago, and suddenly finishing 3rd in the Bundesliga last season.

Comment

CL groups are tasty.

Europa Leg offers the best trips.

PAOK, Hungary, and Borosov. Tempted by Bate.

Chelsea are obviously to piss all over that competition as well which means the footie is really incidental.

Sparta Prague away was great. I can’t even remember if we won. I remember drinking in their vip lounge and seeing Michael Emenalo chatting up some bird who was a brass. He left when we knew we were taking the piss. That night someone asked me if I would like to kick a dwarf for €100.

‘Erm, I don’t think so mate. But I’ve never really thought about it.’
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 08-31-2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Agreed. It was being reported that Sancho and Foden were gonna get called up, I was excited about that. Not sure they're even ready (too early for Foden anyway) but it would've been pretty low-risk-high-reward compared to dross like Welbeck getting in again.
          I'd have Foden starting every game for England from right now.

Clear as day that boy is something special and is probably even at this stage of his career more talented than the rest of the midfielders who have been picked.

Just sends out a awful message those two bums being picked. You can be useless for your club for donkeys and still get picked or you can be young and have World class players keeping you from playing? I'd always pick the youngsters who are clearly talented and have massive potential but not getting much playing time at their clubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by black.ink View Post
            It quite literally is. A small village, with the nearest major City being Stuttgart about 2 hours away.

Their stadium isn't even in Hoffenheim. Strange case of a corporate owned team playing in the 5th tier about 15 years ago, and suddenly finishing 3rd in the Bundesliga last season.
            Would've probably just based myself in Frankfurt if I went. You get free public transport with the tickets I think so shouldn't be too difficult getting there, it's an early kickoff too so that helps.

Not going anyway, the ground is quite small so I wouldn't have been able to get an away ticket and there are plenty of better German aways to go to either way.

I mean, this is a farm. Straight up.

Think I'm gonna be going to the Bilbao v Valencia game in October - now that thing looks like a stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              Europa Leg offers the best trips.

PAOK, Hungary, and Borosov. Tempted by Bate.

Chelsea are obviously to piss all over that competition as well which means the footie is really incidental.

Sparta Prague away was great. I can’t even remember if we won. I remember drinking in their vip lounge and seeing Michael Emenalo chatting up some bird who was a brass. He left when we knew we were taking the piss. That night someone asked me if I would like to kick a dwarf for €100.

‘Erm, I don’t think so mate. But I’ve never really thought about it.’
              I never went on any of the Europa trips, bit too young/mostly unemployed to afford it. Got close to going Turin when we played Juve in it, also some greek side (might've even been PAOK, can't really remember).

Been to Prague a couple of times, mad place. Didn't get offered to kick a midget but we got approached by a guy once and his opening query was "Ice cream on t*tties?".

If the Hungarian side are based near Budapest I'd deffo recommend there. Basically Prague but cheaper and better bars/nightlife. On the Thursday it was the equivalent of about £8 for an all night, all you can drink free bar. Shouldn't be an offer made available to the English really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                I'd have Foden starting every game for England from right now.

Clear as day that boy is something special and is probably even at this stage of his career more talented than the rest of the midfielders who have been picked.

Just sends out a awful message those two bums being picked. You can be useless for your club for donkeys and still get picked or you can be young and have World class players keeping you from playing? I'd always pick the youngsters who are clearly talented and have massive potential but not getting much playing time at their clubs.
                It could also send a message if he were to pick a player who hasn't even completed a premier league match in his life that you don't need to be striving for first team football as you can be picked on reputation as having future potential.

Walcott was picked for those reasons as 16 year old.

Not saying he should or shouldn't have been picked but i can see Southgates reasoning.

Then again he did pick RLC so who knows really. But we just got to the semis so it'd be a bit drastic and silly to rip up that sqaud for da youf imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                  It could also send a message if he were to pick a player who hasn't even completed a premier league match in his life that you don't need to be striving for first team football as you can be picked on reputation as having future potential.

Walcott was picked for those reasons as 16 year old.

Not saying he should or shouldn't have been picked but i can see Southgates reasoning.

Then again he did pick RLC so who knows really. But we just got to the semis so it'd be a bit drastic and silly to rip up that sqaud for da youf imo.
                  Not saying rip up the squad, just don't pick those two useless bums. I'd have a 43 year old Defoe in ahead of Welbeck and would rather have a man less than pick Lallana. I'm sick of his useless Cruyff turns, proper bum that boy.

Id usually agree regarding young players who aren't playing for their clubs not being picked but I reckon there should be a special exemption for Foden. He's in one of the best squads in world football with world class players ahead of him...gonna be very difficult for him to get much playing time at the moment but he's an obvious super talent. Should get him in there asap. If we had an abundance of talent ahead of him it'd be fine to wait but when people like Lallana are being picked then I can't agree.

Lallana and Welbeck have reached their peaks and are not gonna get any better. Even at their best they were near enough useless so now there's literally no point in picking them.

Comment

• RLC ain’t quite good enough you know. Just doesn’t have that explosiveness. I defo overrated him.

Barkley is much better than him and I really didn’t want that to be the case

Just on confidence and leadership qualities alone Hudson Odoi and Ampadu are better players already

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X