• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    tempeted by a top scorer bet.

Messi, Jesus, or Werner

Lewandowski is tempting me at 40\1.
    Groups full of teams with bad defences and cr4p GKs. If Poland make it out their group (can't see them not) they'll be facing England or Belgium.

He's also scored 16 in his last 10 starts.
    If at his best he may even be top scorer without Poland even having to get far or overachieving.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      It was time for us(North Americans, CONCACAF) to get one, right?

They host this next World Cup and they pull level with Brazil and Germany and Italy on hosting it twice - the great footballing nations. Just seems wrong.

Europe has hosted it 11 times
      North America 3 times
      South America 5 times
      Asia once
      Africa once

So there is a bias towards Europe that I accept but tbh it's where the soul of the game is. But taking regionality out of it both US and Mexico are overrepresented now. Soon to be hosts a combined 5 times. Mexico will have hosted the thing more than any other nation. Reaching the quarters twice in home world cups as there best effort.

I'm not keen on playing lip services the reach of the game now. Considering how it a religion in much of Europe and South Africa to sell it out to the highest bidder.

Comment

• We are about due to host one. I remember going to 2 Euro 96 games, the country was in a buzz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          They host this next World Cup and they pull level with Brazil and Germany and Italy on hosting it twice - the great footballing nations. Just seems wrong.

Europe has hosted it 11 times
          North America 3 times
          South America 5 times
          Asia once
          Africa once

So there is a bias towards Europe that I accept but tbh it's where the soul of the game is. But taking regionality out of it both US and Mexico are overrepresented now. Soon to be hosts a combined 5 times. Mexico will have hosted the thing more than any other nation. Reaching the quarters twice in home world cups as there best effort.

I'm not keen on playing lip services the reach of the game now. Considering how it a religion in much of Europe and South Africa to sell it out to the highest bidder.
          I look at it from the Football groups.
          CONCACAF
          CONEMBOL
          UEFA
          AFC
          CAF
          OFC

US, Canada, and Mexico are the only ones in CONCACAF able to host the World Cup but hey I hope when CONCACAF gets it again Jamaica can get to host one of the Groups in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by black.ink View Post
            We are about due to host one. I remember going to 2 Euro 96 games, the country was in a buzz.
            We? Who is we?

Comment

• Originally posted by Outworn View Post
              Call me a conspiracy-tard but is it just me that the US team threw their matches so they don't go to Russia?

Pathetic if true.
              Jesus Christ.

This is why we terrorise the yanks in the official thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                Jesus Christ.

This is why we terrorise the yanks in the official thread.
                Really? I missed that. Would've love to read the posts.

Comment

• World Cup in England would be awesome. The atmosphere would be unreal.

Funny how Russia gets to host World Cup and Winter Olympics all in the same year.

Now that I think about it, Brazil hosted 2014 WC and then 2016 Olympics, didn't they.

It's unfair that one country gets to host the two biggest sporting events on the planet in such short time span.

Must be corruption. FIFA can be bought, can IOC? Probably yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    World Cup in England would be awesome. The atmosphere would be unreal.

Funny how Russia gets to host World Cup and Winter Olympics all in the same year.

Now that I think about it, Brazil hosted 2014 WC and then 2016 Olympics, didn't they.

It's unfair that one country gets to host the two biggest sporting events on the planet in such short time span.

Must be corruption. FIFA can be bought, can IOC? Probably yes.
                    Winter Olympics?

No one watches that ****!

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      Winter Olympics?

No one watches that ****!
                      Maybe in Jamaica you don't.

Comment

Working...
                      X