No announcement yet.

I thought Gamboa won the first 6 rounds clearly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    The 7th round was Sosa's but that wasn't a knockdown as Gamboa was off balance and Sosa's punch hit Gamboa's glove and he fell. 8th round was Gamboa's also.

He is not the same Gamboa, but having 3 weeks to prepare against a very solid guy who came overweight. I think it was impressive.

The 10th round was also Gamboa's but with the point deduction it's a 9-9.
    I thought Lederman was being overly generous to Sosa. Many of those later rounds he gave Sosa weren't clear-cut.

But Gamboa should call it a career, his stamina is **** and he has also no pop in his punches. And his speed has declined by like 60%.

It's depressing to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
      I thought Lederman was being overly generous to Sosa. Many of those later rounds he gave Sosa weren't clear-cut.

But Gamboa should call it a career, his stamina is **** and he has also no pop in his punches. And his speed has declined by like 60%.

It's depressing to watch.
      So just cause it's depressing for you to watch he should call it quits? Common man, stop overreacting to ****. The guy just beat a guy that went 9 with Loma had a draw against the Axe Man with only 3 weeks to prepare. Who else is there at 130. Based on that victory Gamboa could be considered a top 5 in the division. Let's see how he looks in his next fight with a full camp and where he is more accustomed to his new trainer who is one of the best out there.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        You're spot on buddy and some guys are talking about Gamboa's last fight as if this had anything to do with this fight. Oh Gamboa looked shot in his last fight therefore he looked shot and not like the Gamboa of old that beat up Salido, thus he didn't win. Gamboa looked good for a 3 week camp, not spectacular but pretty solid. There are very few people here that understand and care about boxing, most of the posters have other agendas.
        Thank you, someone who seems to actually acknowledge what I'm trying to say.

I said in the weigh in article post of this fight, "Gamboa looks better at this weigh in then he did at the last one where he literally passed out, he's going to be better in this fight than in the Castellanos one." His performance was a bit better I think. He should probably tone down the aggression and stick to what got him to where he is, his boxing and counter punching ability and his good defense WHEN he is trying to be responsible defensively.

I feel like his problem as of late is losing his defensive responsibility, it's not that his defense isn't good. He is very good defensively and very slick, more than people give him credit for. He just has this tendency to get careless and he gets clipped every now and then. Rigondeaux is kind of the same way, probably better as he is a defensive master but he has this tendency to get careless and get clipped at times as well. Gamboa should go back to his old boxing style and just fight better opponents to bring out the best in him rather than trying to fight aggressively and looking so vulnerable creating these openings for these lesser opponents who he is clearly superior to by being overly aggressive to make things happen and not be "boring." True boxing fans will appreciate your skills, if your opponent isn't good enough or isn't willing to win then the fight will look boring.

As long as he keeps up the level of competition, no matter how he fights he will look good. He needs people who are going to go out there and try to win, not tomato cans that make him big-headed to the point where he fights in a style that's not his natural self to try to knock them out. Watching Gamboa lunge in like an amateur at times is painful to watch. Such a good skillful fighter looking foolish at times to try to "please" haters.

Anyways, I'm done ranting here. People really need to move on and instead start pumping up a rematch against Castellanos so we can see where Gamboa is truly at. If he's not where he should be, the style and the type of fighter Castellanos is will expose him. Castellanos is better than people give him credit for really, I personally thought he beat Jezreel Corrales earlier this year but hey, the decision went the other way in that fight.

BTW: You are spot on about that agenda thing, it really ruins these forums I feel like, although the arguments and trolling are kind of funny sometimes.
        Last edited by lolpz; 11-26-2017, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I can see people viewing the fight different ways, but I think the bigger take-away is that Gamboa's reflexes and timing are gone, which is why he's getting hit so much, always off-balance, has no pop or power any more. I hope he calls it a day because a longer training camp doesn't replace the things he's missing right now.
          he was always getting hit and dropped, even on FNF back in the day

Comment

Wasnt scoring but he was gassed out by the 3rd, most of his work after that was inneffective (shoeshining crap, mostly not even landing) and few and far between rounds full of running, ducking, dodging and clinching.

Comment

Originally posted by buge View Post
              he was always getting hit and dropped, even on FNF back in the day
              Its pretty fuking obvious he's nothing like the fighter he was.

Comment

Working...
              X