No announcement yet.

Wow, J-roc nation wins Korobov/quillin purse bid with 1.9 million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    Maybe they actually will sign rigo soon and put him there too which would b nice. But yea you're right about the Brooklyn connection I'm sure they will atleast do some good promoting
    One of the two places they have a license in, Jacobs in talks for November with chudinov.
    Might be those three.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      Idiot your feet for a Brooklyn fighter.... Don't know why they overpaid though
      I think you are missing something.

If Jay and his team are making ridiculously high bids like this-it could mean his fighters will get more meaningful fights. Lets say he signs rigo?

Its one thing to not fight rigo for $75-100k. its another thing if you turn down a chance at $300-400k.

Comment

What does this all mean?!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I think you are missing something.

If Jay and his team are making ridiculously high bids like this-it could mean his fighters will get more meaningful fights. Lets say he signs rigo?

Its one thing to not fight rigo for $75-100k. its another thing if you turn down a chance at $300-400k.
          Neither of these guys are his fighters though. Flex the muscle for your guys

Comment

Wow. This came out of nowhere.

Jay-Z would be fantastic for boxing. Imagine all of the money he can invest in events and fighters. I mean 1.9 million for Quillin-Korobov. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
              i don't like this at ALL. Roc nation is controlled by illuminati devil worshippers.

i'm not going to support or watch this fight now. i'm a big big fan of korobov but this isn't good.
              Illuminati> arum and haymon. This is a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                Neither of these guys are his fighters though. Flex the muscle for your guys
                true. but if a boxer has a decision to make regarding a promoter and sees this, he may come there. As a start up company you have to be willing to make less in the short term while building your brand.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  HOV!

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    What does this all mean?!
                    Illuminati taking over boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      true. but if a boxer has a decision to make regarding a promoter and sees this, he may come there. As a start up company you have to be willing to make less in the short term while building your brand.
                      I agree. This is good for the sport. Overpaying for fights between undefeated fighters/mandatory fights is OKAY. Overpaying a guy to fight Rod Salka is not.

Besides, Jay-Z is like a.... billionaire, no? Dude can invest MILLIONS of dollars and it wouldn't even scratch his wallet.

Comment

Working...
                      X