No announcement yet.

Banks and Corporations who get taxpayer money should be drug tested

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Well the overwhelming majority of the Republicans in the House voted against TARP, with 19 ayes, 156 nos and 4 no votes, though the Senate was a different story - a lot higher % voting for it, including a majority of Republicans.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2009-26
    http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00212

We can speculate all we want about what would've happened without TARP's passage, but it's highly unlikely that the housing market would still be as bad as it is today.

I'm torn about it. When you force banks to make toxic loans, you should feel responsible when those loans inevitably default. But if a run on the banks had occurred, we'd have been a lot worse off, at least in the short term.

One thing is certain, the vibrant recovery that usually follows a recession definitely hasn't followed this one, in spite of (or perhaps because of) numerous "fixes" and trillions of borrowed dollars spent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...worst-WW2.html

My guy McCotter making a spirited case against TARP:

Thanks for the info Mr Party Line.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
      squealpiggy, You have gone way way down in my estimation with your last post. I thought you had a brain instead you regurgitated the spin that has been put on TV to justify the bailouts. I am not going to bother argue with you any more because a man who argues with a fool is a fool and clearly that is exactly what you are.
      Translation: I thought that your opinions were exactly the same as mine. I have no actual answers to the points you have made so I'm taking my ball and I'm going home.

What a pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Translation: I thought that your opinions were exactly the same as mine. I have no actual answers to the points you have made so I'm taking my ball and I'm going home.

What a pussy.
        Pwnage!

Comment

Damn I make really great threads.

Props to me.

Respect Fooly Cooly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
            Damn I make really great threads.

Props to me.

Respect Fooly Cooly.
            I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              who is she
              One of my ex's.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                corporations will always get tax breaks...the UNITED STATES has been raping canada for its lumber & oil for decades & its only getting worse but our country is still doing good,especially in the west where all the oilsands are.we have so many foreign workers & out of towners coming here & taking jobs from under local citizens noses because so many are "lazy" & don't want to get their hands dirty.they cry cause rent is too high,university tuition is so high,etc...all i can say is get a trade or a job that can make you a good chunk of money.80% of university degrees are as good as toilet paper where im from.if it ain't related to oil & natural resources,healthcare,law,etc then you are wasting your time.the corporations still create jobs & construction is rampant.99% of welfare cases are from pisspoor decisions made by adults.having kids with no job or money or just a complete refusal to work.riding welfare & corporations getting tax relief is 2 different things.if these corporations don't get tax breaks then they just don't bother making jobs or they close their doors or completely downsize by getting rid of the "common folk" in the corporation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
                  I think not.
                  shut up pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
                    shut up pussy.

...says the internet he-man.

Comment

It doesn't really matter if the corporations and banks are taxed extra. They (Democrats) always think this will help the economy. But it won't. You see are tax system is so screwed up as it is that that they will just put there hands behind their back get some high powered tax attorneys and get an exemption come tax time.

Comment

Working...
                      X