No announcement yet.

Surprising Year For Boxing, Why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprising Year For Boxing, Why?

Despite this year being subject to the anti-climax that was Floyd's holiday.
    Has anyone actually realised that two of the most avoided fighters in our sport have lost in shocking and slightly embarrassing circumstances?!

Paul Williams

Chad Dawson

My question is:

Are their losses a testament to the following options:
    Better matchmaking and more openess from promoters?

OR

Fighters being built up by the media when they were never that good in the first place?

Now don't get me wrong, I personally am a Dawson fan. I feel like the Pascal fight was attributed to him having an off night with all his personal problems. It's hard to focus in that situation, and especially when your style involves so much concentration and timing. If it had gone the full distance, I believe we'd of seen a Bute v Andrade I type affair, with Pascal beginning to cling on. Chad was really timing him and he was starting to run out of gas.
    Nevertheless, props to Pascal.

With Regards to Williams. I don't know what to say... Still in shock a little.

Anyway, opinions.
    better matchmaking and openess from promoters
    50.00%
    neither fighters were that good in the first place
    50.00%

Paul Williams has been yo-yo'ing too much from 147 to 154 to 160, that takes a toll on your body and catches up to you sooner or later, whether you're doing it healthily or doing it Ricky Hatton style.

Martinez was always going to beat Williams because hes the better fighter and counter-punchers like Martinez love easy to hit guys like Williams. Martinez won the first fight, he landed the more meaningful harder punches.

Chad Dawson had been fighting old men for too long and when a young lion like Pascal was infront of him fighting at home aswell, he wasn't ready for it. Pascal beat Dawson convincingly, but Dawson could've done so much better. Why did he freeze when he had Pascal hurt and ready to go? Only Allah knows.

Chad is also the perfect example of a guy whos "too nice" for this sport. Hes not aggressive enough to get his man out of there when its needed and hes too much of a soft touch outside the ring, hes being raped financially by all kinds of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinson. View Post
      Despite this year being subject to the anti-climax that was Floyd's holiday.
      Has anyone actually realised that two of the most avoided fighters in our sport have lost in shocking and slightly embarrassing circumstances?!

Paul Williams

Chad Dawson

My question is:

Are their losses a testament to the following options:
      Better matchmaking and more openess from promoters?

OR

Fighters being built up by the media when they were never that good in the first place?

Now don't get me wrong, I personally am a Dawson fan. I feel like the Pascal fight was attributed to him having an off night with all his personal problems. It's hard to focus in that situation, and especially when your style involves so much concentration and timing. If it had gone the full distance, I believe we'd of seen a Bute v Andrade I type affair, with Pascal beginning to cling on. Chad was really timing him and he was starting to run out of gas.
      Nevertheless, props to Pascal.

With Regards to Williams. I don't know what to say... Still in shock a little.

Anyway, opinions.
      Dawson lost because he didn't take Pascal serious. Williams lost because his defense sucks. He fights like a taller Margaritto.

Comment

Williams just got caught with one hell of a punch. He's always had bad defense, so im not really shocked that he got ko'd. S**t happens like that sometimes.

Dawson wa the real shocker IMO. I would have put my $$$ on Williams beating Martinez in the 2nd fight as opposed to Dawson losin to Paschal. I really didnt see that one coming

Comment

Working...
        X