No announcement yet.

Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
    Conversation with twenty years of black Hispanic and white youth working for me . You don’t have to survey them just listen to them converse and talk about current subjects is all I’m talking about.
    I seriously doubt that is an indication of what most young black people think of slavery.

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
    There is going to be no payments but I understand your need to blow off steam about this part in history but you can sleep well knowing my ancestors fought for your ancestors.
    I don't feel a need to blow of steam about anything. All I've done is present some facts here.

Your ancestors fought for my ancestors? Great. My ancestors fought for your ancestors as well. So you can sleep well at night.

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
    In a perfect world your race would still be in Africa mine in Europe and this country would be full of smiling native Americans.Would we all be happier who knows.

Hey, you never know, my friend. You never know. But my take on it is that in a perfect world, people of any race will go wherever they may want and as long as they live peacefully and follow the social order, there will be no reason to molest them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      Dead people can't vote, they sure as hell can't open up bank accounts. Everyone is off the hook. Nobody is going to cash in off of others hardships

Still, I can't believe more than a handful of grubbers are serious about reparations
      First of all, the American Government still exists. It is the American Government that would be the defendant in this case.

So basically, if your moms was working at a factory, got her leg chopped off, and bled to death, you'd absolve the factory and refuse amends passed to you. That's right. Don't cash in on others' hardships.

To make it even more relevant, if Jack Daniels Co., for instance, comes out and says Elroy the Great's great great great grandfather actually created our Whiskey, but we gave him no credit and no compensation, and we have gone on to build a billion dollar company based on his invention.....you'd be like...yea, that's all good. Do ya thing, Jacky.

Yea, not buying that. It would be idiotic to refuse what would be owed to your family, what can be seen as honoring your family, and likely, could have been passed down to you as your proper inheritance. America has already set the precedent when Native American tribes were offered millions in 1980 for wrongs perpetuated in 1868. I haven't heard anyone crying over this.

I literally don't know anyone who is sitting around waiting for a reparations check. However, I don't imagine that you or anyone else would turn it away unless for a grander reason, like the Sioux who did turn away their reparations because they believe what is owed to them is actually the Black Hills and not money.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        First of all, the American Government still exists. It is the American Government that would be the defendant in this case.

So basically, if your moms was working at a factory, got her leg chopped off, and bled to death, you'd absolve the factory and refuse amends passed to you. That's right. Don't cash in on others' hardships.

To make it even more relevant, if Jack Daniels Co., for instance, comes out and says Elroy the Great's great great great grandfather actually created our Whiskey, but we gave him no credit and no compensation, and we have gone on to build a billion dollar company based on his invention.....you'd be like...yea, that's all good. Do ya thing, Jacky.

Yea, not buying that. It would be idiotic to refuse what would be owed to your family, what can be seen as honoring your family, and likely, could have been passed down to you as your proper inheritance. America has already set the precedent when Native American tribes were offered millions in 1980 for wrongs perpetuated in 1868. I haven't heard anyone crying over this.

I literally don't know anyone who is sitting around waiting for a reparations check. However, I don't imagine that you or anyone else would turn it away unless for a grander reason, like the Sioux who did turn away their reparations because they believe what is owed to them is actually the Black Hills and not money.
        Well said, Trav.

Comment

My mother's immediate family would get a settlement in her place. THAT'S IT. None of this 7 times removed cvnts creeping out of the woodwork looking for some free cash crap.

You're mistaken the private sector (privately owned company) with gov.

If it's a court case, I demand to face my families accusers and force them to prove my family had anything to do with slavery.

Also, they would have to prove their family were abused slaves. Just cause a person had slaves in their family tree shouldn't be cause for rewards. We are dealing with slaves that were killed/maimed, yes ?

I will also like to know what those slaves net worth was prior to being LEGALLY PURCHASED. If a slave was just a bum prior to being sold, no way in hell is some distant relative 100 times removed gonna get diddly.

Again, privately owned companies can have contracts in place or agreements that have stipulations that no gov can interfere with. I'm not willingly giving a damned thing without having my day in court.

Someone kind of broached on this last statement I'm about to make. The people more culpable are the ones who sold them in the first place. That should be the 1st wave of law suits. Find those mfers.

This is basically my stance on the matter and am unlikely to budge. You can hit me back but I probably won't have anything new to add.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            My mother's immediate family would get a settlement in her place. THAT'S IT. None of this 7 times removed cvnts creeping out of the woodwork looking for some free cash crap.
            Depends on when the amends were made, wouldn't it? Again, Native Americans were offered reparations in 1980 for what took place in 1860.

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            You're mistaken the private sector (privately owned company) with gov.
            I'm not mistaking this. It's an example and the precedent is already there. The US Government has paid reparations in the past and it didn't matter the amount of time that has gone by.

If it's a court case, I demand to face my families accusers and force them to prove my family had anything to do with slavery.
            Huh? You wouldn't be put in trial. No one is accusing your family of anything. That is what is so often misunderstood here. Reparations is not an attack on you.

Also, they would have to prove their family were abused slaves. Just cause a person had slaves in their family tree shouldn't be cause for rewards. We are dealing with slaves that were killed/maimed, yes ?
            So slavery is OK as long as no one is killed? Really?????

I will also like to know what those slaves net worth was prior to being LEGALLY PURCHASED. If a slave was just a bum prior to being sold, no way in hell is some distant relative 100 times removed gonna get diddly.
            This also makes no sense. That would mean a person who is wronged has no path to have the wrong righted if the person was poor??? Is it not possible to harm poor people?

And you do realize that most slaves were born into slavery. If not....well then that would be a FREE person that was later enslaved, if we are talking about slavery as it existed in America.

And why are you bolding "legally purchased," as if slavery is just A OK because someone wrote that it was legal at some point in time. It's about ADMITTING THAT THE INSTITUTION OF SLAVERY WAS WRONG. THAT'S THE POINT.

Again, privately owned companies can have contracts in place or agreements that have stipulations that no gov can interfere with. I'm not willingly giving a damned thing without having my day in court.
            The day in court doesn't belong to you. You somehow are missing this. No one is putting you on trial.

Someone kind of broached on this last statement I'm about to make. The people more culpable are the ones who sold them in the first place. That should be the 1st wave of law suits. Find those mfers.
            And just as I replied to him, and he completely ducked what I wrote, I will reply the same way to you.

The actions of African tribes, coerced or not, does NOT absolve America for its crimes. You dudes need to be honest and just admit that this is nothing but a dumb excuse drummed up because you don't believe Black Americans should be paid reparations. If that's your belief, then fine and you're welcome to it. But there is no reason to make up a stupid excuse such as, "Get the money from the people who first sold you and forget about getting money from the people who created the market, kept you enslaved, and abused you."

First of all, not all African slaves were sold by Africans.

Second, many slaves were bred within America.

And just like I told the other dude, you are welcome to lobby for African tribes to compensate Black Americans. I'd welcome that. Go for it.

But I guarantee you...If I sold your father to John, and John cut off your father's legs and beat your pops up every other day, you won't be saying John should get off because I was the one who sold your dad. That's beyond stupid.

This is basically my stance on the matter and am unlikely to budge. You can hit me back but I probably won't have anything new to add.

I'm not trying to convince you. I could care less and I know your stance on this stuff already. We've talked about this and of all the people here, I would say you're the person least equipped to have this convo because you have some deep rooted racial issues.

However, I can explain this to you very simply.

1. There is already precedent for what is being asked for.
            2. All the excuses trying to shift blame to Africa and absolve America surely fail.
            3. This really doesn't have much to do with you, and if Reparations for slavery were ever achieved, you really would have no legal cause of action to stop paying into it through taxes besides dropping your American citizenship.

Comment

Was there a point here? Like usual, I doubt it.

Say what? America was bagging Chinese and Irish in mass and bringing them over on slave boats?

You got that good elmers glue, huh?

Sorry, fool. White women benefit the most from affirmative action. But keep sniffing that glue.

The new slavery isn't so new, but you're too dumb to know that. Just like you're too dumb to realize that sniffing glue is the reason you're a moron.

90% of the time, the shlt you say makes no sense. I'm convinced you're either a really old senile dude or just terribly fvvcked up on some sort of drugs. How about you just get over your embarrassment and shut the fvvck up already.
              - -OK, we get that your your greatest forebears used to pass you around for fun or trinkets and now you mad and know a lot about glue and dumb and making a mess of yourself in boxing.

Comment

• [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• I also want to add, the case for reparations is not just about slavery. The government at the state and federal level put in laws to oppress and/or ignore the oppression of the former slaves, which lasted for generations as well. The oppression did not end with slavery, and yes, the results of said oppression are still felt to this day. Im sorry i dont see how the American government can pass the buck on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    - -OK, we get that your your greatest forebears used to pass you around for fun or trinkets and now you mad and know a lot about glue and dumb and making a mess of yourself in boxing.
                    You can't even type coherent sentences.

But what you can do is duck, dodge, and lie. Did you come to terms with Harry Wills scaring your dude yet?

Comment

• Shouldn't black people have to pay reparations to the jewish people since they were the kings and queens of egypt and kept the jewish people in slavery? Lets not forget that the moors enslaved many hispanics, so now black people have to pay reparations to mexicans and guatemalans too since they're part hispanic.

Comment

Working...
                      X