Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Danny clean beats Porter, where should he be ranked at #147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although Thurman has been inactive DUE TO INJURY, one can not leave him off the rankings. I could see if he was just inactive then u would have every right to leave him off. He has not retired therefor u have to include him.. The ww rankings should look like this... Spence, Crawford, thurman, garcia, pacman. i can see if u want to rank pacman ahead of garcia. i wouldnt have a problem with that.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      He's not all that fast. Has good timing which is more important anyways. Has solid pop for sure and definitely has a great chin. Took some FLUSH shots from Matthysse and Thurman and still stood up. Still remember the shot Thurman landed in the first round and have no idea how Garcia didn't drop.

Spence though is going to be all wrong for him. He's going to be pushing him back the entire fight and his jab will be hard for Garcia to overcome. Not only that, we saw how much of a beating Peterson put on Garcia on the inside. Now, imagine what Spence will be doing to him. But Spence's style will certainly give Danny his chances to land some counters. Ultimately, there's levels to this game and Spence is just a level or two above Danny.
      A level or 2 above DSG?
      Last edited by WarVeteranO01; 08-26-2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        A level or 2 above DSG?
        Yes, a level or two above DSG. If he beats Porter and Spence beats Mikey, then make it happen. Would be a big unification bout and then we won't have to do any guessing. We shall see who is right....which I'm sure I am

Comment

Top (IMO) #5 Current 147lbs (08-24-18)

1. Thurman
          2. Crawford
          3. Spence
          4. Garcia/Porter
          5. ????

Comment

I don't think it's right to not rate Thurman. Spence and Crawford will be ahead of the Garcia-Porter winner regardless, so I can't see him any better than #4.

Comment

1 Crawford
              2 Spence
              3 Thurman
              4 Garcia if you don't count Pac (Yup, I would still pick Pac over Garcia IMO)

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                I would personally have him at #3
                As for rankings based on who he beat at welterweight I would rank him 2nd behind Spence and ahead of Crawford. A win over Porter would top Crawford's win over Horn. I don't include Thurman in the rankings until he actually fights a welterweight. I think Crawford is much better than Garcia but I couldn't fairly rank him higher than Garcia if Garcia had that Porter win.
                r

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  As for rankings based on who he beat at welterweight I would rank him 2nd behind Spence and ahead of Crawford. A win over Porter would top Crawford's win over Horn. I don't include Thurman in the rankings until he actually fights a welterweight. I think Crawford is much better than Garcia but I couldn't fairly rank him higher than Garcia if Garcia had that Porter win.
                  r
                  That's exactly how I see it

Comment

Thurman thinks Garcia can only win by KO

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                      I would personally have him at #3
                      1. Thurman (albeit inactive still has the best resume at 147. With the exception of oldie pac ofcourse)
                      2. Danny (he’s probably number 4 right now, but a win over prime porter catapults him here)
                      3. Spence (probably better than 1&2 but only has one solid win at 147)
                      4. Crawford (probably better than 1,2&3 but has only 1 good win in Horn, a fighter I consider Pac already beat first. And hurt badly for that matter.)
                      5. Pacquiao (Performances against Matthysse and Horn should be enough to hang him here)
                      6. Brook (hasn’t done anything since GGG but I believe he’s still capable of doing stuffs at 147. Had the spence fight happen pre-GGG it would have been a diff story)
                      7. Porter (a loss to danny drops him here. Still would be base on how he loses though)
                      8. Amir Khan (lol)

Comment

Working...
                      X