Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Danny clean beats Porter, where should he be ranked at #147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
    Although Thurman has been inactive DUE TO INJURY, one can not leave him off the rankings. I could see if he was just inactive then u would have every right to leave him off. He has not retired therefor u have to include him.. The ww rankings should look like this... Spence, Crawford, thurman, garcia, pacman. i can see if u want to rank pacman ahead of garcia. i wouldnt have a problem with that.
    There is a limit to how long a boxer can keep his high ranking without fighting supposedly do to injuries. I think Thurman has not fought in such a long time that he should be dropped from the top 10 until he beats a contender, His injuries are his own personal problem and the welterweights can't be put on hold for 18 months, 2 years or 3 years waiting for him to heal. I can go along with a champion keeping a high ranking for a year or maybe a bit more to recover from injuries but that period of grace has to end at some point in time. He can't just stay champion or the number 1 contender forever. When a boxer is out long enough he has to prove himself all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post

Thurman thinks Garcia can only win by KO
      Thurman better not fight Josesito Lopez for a comeback/tune-up. Lopez will beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Thurman better not fight Josesito Lopez for a comeback/tune-up. Lopez will beat him.
        that's too easy of a comeback fight for my liking tbh. Somebody like Felix Diaz would be better

Comment

If including Thurman, I'd put Garcia 3rd behind Thurman and Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            There is a limit to how long a boxer can keep his high ranking without fighting supposedly do to injuries. I think Thurman has not fought in such a long time that he should be dropped from the top 10 until he beats a contender, His injuries are his own personal problem and the welterweights can't be put on hold for 18 months, 2 years or 3 years waiting for him to heal. I can go along with a champion keeping a high ranking for a year or maybe a bit more to recover from injuries but that period of grace has to end at some point in time. He can't just stay champion or the number 1 contender forever. When a boxer is out long enough he has to prove himself all over again.
            He is still the wba champion is he not? has he been stripped of that title? as soon as they strip that title from him is when he would need to regain his ranking back but until then u have to include him in ur rankings its that simple

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Thurman's retired. If DSG tko's Porter like I am predicting, Id have him at #1 followed by Terrance Crawford #2, Spence #3. Pac #4. Depending how DSG beats Porter, Id favor him over Spence. DSG boxing skill is underrated, he's fast, has pop, and has a chin.
              Not sure if srs.

#1 for beating Porter, is this a joke? He could KO Porter 1st round and he still wouldn't be #1 (he won't though, IMO he will lose to Porter and get outworked).

Danny doesn't have enough power at Welterweight. Loses to Spence and get's completely embarassed by Crawford.

Comment

Working...
              X