No announcement yet.

Anybody else think Pac should go down to 140? He’ll easily clean the division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    He should fight Spence, go for that fighter of the decade award again.
    That would be a good topic, Fighter of the Decade...

Manny, Floyd and JMM are the top 3

Comment

I dont think he can make 140 anymore here's why, when pac first went to welterweight he was weighing in at 143 or 144 pounds in his 30's with pac now in his 40's his metabolism has slowed and he actually weighed 146 and a half for thurman. Those extra 2 pounds probably are the result of a slowed metabolism.

140 at his age would require an extra long camp which would be detrimental to his recovery and conditioning capability during camp. Just my two cents...

Comment

Nah Pac can kill Khan and then retire. An almost perfect career wrapped up nicely in a KO bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
          This is true. If Loma unifies lightweight this year, that's great but he'll need a big name after that. Not sure who it's gonna be. May have to go to 140 or have somebody come up from 130. Hard to say...
          Boxing needs to make a new rule, picking up any combination of 3 belts should make you the unified undisputed champion of the weight class. Collecting and keeping four belts is almost impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
            Boxing needs to make a new rule, picking up any combination of 3 belts should make you the unified undisputed champion of the weight class. Collecting and keeping four belts is almost impossible.
            It really is. I'd love to see at least one of them dropped. Actually dropping three of them would be ideal but I would take dropping one or two over what we have. It's beyond ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by WarGatti View Post
              I dont think he can make 140 anymore here's why, when pac first went to welterweight he was weighing in at 143 or 144 pounds in his 30's with pac now in his 40's his metabolism has slowed and he actually weighed 146 and a half for thurman. Those extra 2 pounds probably are the result of a slowed metabolism.

140 at his age would require an extra long camp which would be detrimental to his recovery and conditioning capability during camp. Just my two cents...
              I think staying at 147 to fight Spence or Crawford would be even more detrimental to his health than cutting down to 140 to fight the Super Lightweight champs.

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
                I think staying at 147 to fight Spence or Crawford would be even more detrimental to his health than cutting down to 140 to fight the Super Lightweight champs.
                Im not thinking in a similar way if im honest. Pac was a handful for thurman i dont see bud or spence being that much more dangerous to pac. Spence of the two represents the bigger threat with his bodyshots but mikey hung in there I'll take a bet pac can too.

If he drains to 140 what's to say the punches he takes won't be more detrimental then at 147? A 40 year old weight drained pac has far more chance of getting hurt or God forbid irreparably damaged. The body would be starved and at risk he would look ill.

Comment

Originally posted by WarGatti View Post
                  Im not thinking in a similar way if im honest. Pac was a handful for thurman i dont see bud or spence being that much more dangerous to pac. Spence of the two represents the bigger threat with his bodyshots but mikey hung in there I'll take a bet pac can too.

If he drains to 140 what's to say the punches he takes won't be more detrimental then at 147? A 40 year old weight drained pac has far more chance of getting hurt or God forbid irreparably damaged. The body would be starved and at risk he would look ill.
                  Manny doesn't rehydrate that much when he fights at 147. Crawford fought most of his career at 135, so I don't think he'll damage Pac too much worse than Thurman. But Spence is dry as hell at the weigh-ins for 147, and he'll be huge against Manny on fight night. The size difference between Spence and Porter is already big, but Porter rehydrates a lot and has much less wear and tear than Manny.

I think Manny will be fine against the champs at 140 after he rehydrates.

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
                    Manny doesn't rehydrate that much when he fights at 147. Crawford fought most of his career at 135, so I don't think he'll damage Pac too much worse than Thurman. But Spence is dry as hell at the weigh-ins for 147, and he'll be huge against Manny on fight night. The size difference between Spence and Porter is already big, but Porter rehydrates a lot and has much less wear and tear than Manny.

I think Manny will be fine against the champs at 140 after he rehydrates.
                    Sorry bud only just seen this, to be fair you've won me round to the idea of it. Who would you like to see pac fight at 140?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                      You mean last year? Loma made his 135 debut last year against Linares. Manny was 39? Pretty close to 40, bro. Oh I doubt it. Sure, the name looks good but it would be a field day for his haters.

I don't think it does anything for Spence. He can't possibly impress by beating a 40-year-old Pac. Even an early KO. And he's just coming off little Mikey. They have to put the young guns in with each other at this point.
                      Manny would be Spence's best win, and what boxer wouldn't want a W over Pac on their resume? He's still one of the biggest names in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X