No announcement yet.

Spoelsrta should get the most blame for the Heat collapse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsinoka123 View Post
    I am not saying Spoelstra is blameless but let us not put all the blame on his shoulder. First of all, when Miami got LeBron and Bosh, there was an overwhelming expectation that Miami will immediately win the championship and dominate the NBA. James himself promised it. I dont think a champion can be made overnight, plus Miami committed so much money to James, Bosh and Wade that they can no longer afford to pay experienced supporting cast. Remember when the Lakers got Pau Gasol, the Lakers marched into the finals but lost to Boston. The result of Gasol playing for the lakers was effective but not immediate, and because of name recognition, nobody blamed Jackson. Let us not crucify Spoelstra. Look at the overall picture.
    Well, no one should be crucified for not winning the championship (Lebron possibly for his pathetic 4th quarter performances) but Spoelstra did a horrible job coaching. He had the best team talent wise all yr...

And the Lakers story isn't the same, if I remember Bynum was out for a large part of that series. Phil also put together a better offense than Spoelstra, who's team was basically just running around with the ball. THeir spacing was pathetic, especially in game 6, how many times did bron pass it 2 feet away to juwan howard of someone else that was basically standing right on him..

how many open shots did they pass up on too. yank those guys and put someone who wants the shot in....

Comment

Originally posted by bsinoka123 View Post
      I am not saying Spoelstra is blameless but let us not put all the blame on his shoulder. First of all, when Miami got LeBron and Bosh, there was an overwhelming expectation that Miami will immediately win the championship and dominate the NBA. James himself promised it. I dont think a champion can be made overnight, plus Miami committed so much money to James, Bosh and Wade that they can no longer afford to pay experienced supporting cast. Remember when the Lakers got Pau Gasol, the Lakers marched into the finals but lost to Boston. The result of Gasol playing for the lakers was effective but not immediate, and because of name recognition, nobody blamed Jackson. Let us not crucify Spoelstra. Look at the overall picture.

regarding the lakers, the overall picture is that 2 of the starters were out...Bynum AND Ariza...that team still took the green turds to 6

Miami actually had added help with Haslem coming back, Chalmers hitting shots along with House

i dont think too highly of Spo...he's Riley's human walkie talkie for the team...but it's not his fault that they brought in a $25mil role player that disappears when he's supposed to dominate

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        regarding the lakers, the overall picture is that 2 of the starters were out...Bynum AND Ariza...that team still took the green turds to 6

Miami actually had added help with Haslem coming back, Chalmers hitting shots along with House

i dont think too highly of Spo...he's Riley's human walkie talkie for the team...but it's not his fault that they brought in a $25mil role player that disappears when he's supposed to dominate
        and the coach did zero about it...

Comment

Honestly, how can you coach that team? Unless your Mike D'Antoni, you can't coach them.

Two superstars who love to fastbreak, one of the two can only fastbreak, while the other is willing to slow it down as long as he has a person who will clear the paint. Which Bosh can't do, he is Pau style player. Finesse over physicality.

spoelsrta tried to get them to run plays and that quickly failed with their beginning of the year woes. So he let them run wild on offense as long as they stayed structured on defense.

In the playoffs you can't just fastbreak, you have to be structured and it showed. Mavs blocked them perfectly on the fastbreak and Lebron mentally broke down, while Wade threw the team on his back but couldn't carry the load against a 7ft rain maker, a 24ft jet shooter, and little terror barea. With Marion and Chandler blocking the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            Well, no one should be crucified for not winning the championship (Lebron possibly for his pathetic 4th quarter performances) but Spoelstra did a horrible job coaching. He had the best team talent wise all yr...

And the Lakers story isn't the same, if I remember Bynum was out for a large part of that series. Phil also put together a better offense than Spoelstra, who's team was basically just running around with the ball. THeir spacing was pathetic, especially in game 6, how many times did bron pass it 2 feet away to juwan howard of someone else that was basically standing right on him..

how many open shots did they pass up on too. yank those guys and put someone who wants the shot in....
            I disagree, Spolstra didn't do anything outright damaging to the point where he is the reason they lost.

Look, Jones was hurt and House is a defensive liability. The MAIN problem is the fact that Lebron was a no show in the finals, it's that simple.

When you have 2 of the top 3 players in the league and you need scoring, you look to them to come through. Neither did, both Wade and lebron failed to turn the game around when it counted.

Spolstra did a good job leading up to the finals because lebron and Wade were doing work. If lebron has even an average game 6, heat wouldn't have lost.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              Honestly, how can you coach that team? Unless your Mike D'Antoni, you can't coach them.

Two superstars who love to fastbreak, one of the two can only fastbreak, while the other is willing to slow it down as long as he has a person who will clear the paint. Which Bosh can't do, he is Pau style player. Finesse over physicality.

spoelsrta tried to get them to run plays and that quickly failed with their beginning of the year woes. So he let them run wild on offense as long as they stayed structured on defense.

In the playoffs you can't just fastbreak, you have to be structured and it showed. Mavs blocked them perfectly on the fastbreak and Lebron mentally broke down, while Wade threw the team on his back but couldn't carry the load against a 7ft rain maker, a 24ft jet shooter, and little terror barea. With Marion and Chandler blocking the paint.
              to start with, he could have had bron bron work on a post game......

if he runs pick and roles, the pick n roll was working early in the series and dallas adjusted for game 3, but then they never went back......

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                to start with, he could have had bron bron work on a post game......

if he runs pick and roles, the pick n roll was working early in the series and dallas adjusted for game 3, but then they never went back......
                lol, Lebron and post play? His idea of post play is shoulder bumping hard and hoping the guy will fold/move.

The pick and rolls did work. I remember one of the commentators speaking on this but like I said the superstars on that team don't like to run plays. They don't want to settle down and let things develop, they want to drive to the hole immediately. And Bosh isn't even looked at to help, which is sad considering he is a critical piece to their success. Despite his pedestrian looking numbers.

Only Mike D'Antoni and his "7 seconds or less" coaching could help those Heat.

Comment

Hitler says it all...if Riley felt the Heat needed to make adjustments then you know Spoelsrta would have. He's a puppet. Can't blame the puppet, blame the ring leader and the choke artist.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                    I disagree, Spolstra didn't do anything outright damaging to the point where he is the reason they lost.

Look, Jones was hurt and House is a defensive liability. The MAIN problem is the fact that Lebron was a no show in the finals, it's that simple.

When you have 2 of the top 3 players in the league and you need scoring, you look to them to come through. Neither did, both Wade and lebron failed to turn the game around when it counted.

Spolstra did a good job leading up to the finals because lebron and Wade were doing work. If lebron has even an average game 6, heat wouldn't have lost.
                    House is a defensive liability? You mean compared to how they were shutting Barrea down starting game 2....c'mon you have to change SOMETHING

Jones has said a number of times publicly that he wasn't hurt, that he could have played.

So what was Spoelsta doing to help slow down Barrea? How did he adjust? Did he put House in to try and run him to death at least? Why weren't the heat putting more defensive pressure on him and getting wade on him all day in the post? because Dalls was busting out a 2-3 defense and the heat couldn't do anything about a 2-3 freakin defense.....

again I will say that the job of a good head coach is to shoulder the blame or at least attempt to deflect it or shield his best player or second best player from it.

yes bron played like SHI T. I know this.....

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      lol, Lebron and post play? His idea of post play is shoulder bumping hard and hoping the guy will fold/move.

The pick and rolls did work. I remember one of the commentators speaking on this but like I said the superstars on that team don't like to run plays. They don't want to settle down and let things develop, they want to drive to the hole immediately. And Bosh isn't even looked at to help, which is sad considering he is a critical piece to their success. Despite his pedestrian looking numbers.

Only Mike D'Antoni and his "7 seconds or less" coaching could help those Heat.
                      He could have been working Bron in the post ALL SEASON to prep his team....

Lulz at Bron getting shut down in the post by barrea btw....that was funny...

They don't have to run plays all game, just have some in your pocket like for late in the game wihen the two superstars were bricking shots and bron was playin hot potata...you don't have to run a ply every dam series...

Comment

Working...
                      X