Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn: 6 countries want Joshua’s next bout, we would make the least in the UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearn: 6 countries want Joshua’s next bout, we would make the least in the UK

"It's a very tough decision because there's six countries that are interested in staging his next fight," said Hearn. "We're at a stage where it's very difficult to go backwards financially, in any job, especially for a fighter. The place where he would earn the least amount of money is in the UK.“

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...ing-every-belt

Joshua certainly very marketable. my advice is stay away from beyonce wilder. that half assed boxing skill of his wont save him from get brutally k.o

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
      "It's a very tough decision because there's six countries that are interested in staging his next fight," said Hearn. "We're at a stage where it's very difficult to go backwards financially, in any job, especially for a fighter. The place where he would earn the least amount of money is in the UK.“

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...ing-every-belt
      Now, maybe I missed the change, but what happened to the days of "all of the money is in the UK" or "I want to deliver fights for the UK, since fans always have to travel"?

That was short-lived

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Now, maybe I missed the change, but what happened to the days of "all of the money is in the UK" or "I want to deliver fights for the UK, since fans always have to travel"?

That was short-lived
        They can brag about 90k in Wembley, course they don’t mention the gate.

Comment

AJ is finally about to be a world champ and fight mandatories and infinite rematches with guys he beat all over the globe but refuses to make Hearns to give Wilder a fair offer for undisputed or even mention he wants the winner of Wilder vs Fury 2!

He’s a businessman now

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
            They can brag about 90k in Wembley, course they don’t mention the gate.
            10 million was the gate. yeah i know thats nothing compared to wilders 3-4 million and all the money is in the states but ya gotta start somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
              AJ is finally about to be a world champ and fight mandatories and infinite rematches with guys he beat all over the globe but refuses to make Hearns to give Wilder a fair offer for undisputed or even mention he wants the winner of Wilder vs Fury 2!

He’s a businessman now
              thats true. the last offer of 100 milion wasn't very fair to hearn and dazn. it should be about 10 million given wilders numbers since he loses money every fight.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                Joshua certainly very marketable. my advice is stay away from beyonce wilder. that half assed boxing skill of his wont save him from get brutally k.o
                What's going to save Wilder? His defensive skills? Pfft...

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post

That was short-lived
                  The Middle Eastern offers? Don't be surprised if you see Canelo fighting there in the next year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    10 million was the gate. yeah i know thats nothing compared to wilders 3-4 million and all the money is in the states but ya gotta start somewhere!
                    I didn’t say anything about Wilder. All I referenced was how promoters talk, which is of course in a way that promotes their interests. I wasent trying to be clever. We all know this. Wilder doesn’t generate AJ money, but of course they will word things in a way that puts them in the best light too. I just meant we are never given a real honest or complete story.

Comment

Working...
                    X