Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holloway’s reaction to Khabib fight on 6 days’ notice: ‘This is how legends are made

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
    Max ain't fighting
    This real??? I

Comment

No Max, no Pettis. What's happening now then?

Not only is the Khabib - Ferguson fight saga cursed, this whole card is too.

Comment

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/04/nysac-r...k-max-holloway

So they expected Pettis to fight for the same amount he would've gotten to face Chiesa? And would rather just have Khabib not fight than budge on the issue?

Comment

Why wasn't Holloway "fit"?

But not mad at that. This was a horrible all around situation for him that I saw lil chance of getting to the upside. Guy was gonna move up 10lbs, while coming off a injury + on 6 days notice. They musta made him a nice $ offer to get him to accept such a sh^t situation.

Take the hint guys & just call off this fight. Sometimes I love that the UFC can come up with great fights on a couple weeks notice, but 6 days & a days notice is ******ed. Specifically for a title & guys needing to cut weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            http://mmajunkie.com/2018/04/nysac-r...k-max-holloway

So they expected Pettis to fight for the same amount he would've gotten to face Chiesa? And would rather just have Khabib not fight than budge on the issue?
            LOL I love the UFC, but they are doing a lot of sketchy sh^t these days with not giving guys their value for considering bad situations. If you are gonna put a guy in a bad situation you need to make it worth his while. Thats just how it works.

Comment

I know from my wrestling weight cutting days that you can shed up to 13 pounds of water weight within 48 hours.

But anymore than that it starts to get a bit sketchy.

I'm guessing he couldn't get to that 11ish pound window within the proper time, and was sacrificing real body mass.

Too taxing on his body, and his tests were coming back out of whack.

Comment

Al Iaquinta isn't a bad option when he's the only one you have left.
                Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 04-06-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Holy f#ck I didn't even realize Ragin Al got in there lmfao. This is mfing nuts. I was like why the f#ck they talking about Ragin Al's weight. Who's he fighting?!?!?!

If you thought boxing was crazy MMA lately is making boxing look soft with its lack of crazy.

Comment

LOL Dana just said f#ck or finally lost it.

Ragin Al weighed 155.2. Weight limit is 155. But Dana is saying whoever wins this fight will be the 155lb champion lol. Ummmm thats not how it works Dana. That Ari guy needs to give Dana the weekend off or something. Let dude wind down a lil bit.

Comment

It sounds like he will be regarded as the champion by Dana, even if he doesn't hold the actual title, or Dana was unsure as to what would happen with regard to the belt.

Comment

Working...
                      X