Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn’t Crawford TECHNICALLY the Lineal Welterweight Champ of the World?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
    He then fought McGregor (officially) and is still contemplating a Pacquiao rematch. I guess he doesn't like his chances right now so he's laying low...
    There was no belt on the line for the Connor fight.
    2 years of not fighting is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
      There is no lineal outside of HW. It's the only division with lineage. Y'all talking about some made up promotional ****.

There's only one lineal champion, it's HW.

There's only one p4p, it's a title not a ****in' list.

Ring has nothing to do with lineal or p4p, they're just a promotional media outlet.

Why do y'all cry a river when the WBC or WBA make a new unterbelt but lap up anything Ring sells you?

The ****'s the point in the WBA Gold? Same god damn thing as having a ****in' p4p list or a lineal champion who isn't the HW. Just a bunch of bull**** accolades handed out to give the appearance of bigger achievements than boxers actually earn.

No, his ass can't be the WW lineal because there is no WW lineal. He can be p4p if you like. The p4p, not first on a list.

Otherwise, **** man, he's also the super-duper-omega-unicorn champion too. Plus he's first on the official list of kamehameha level boxers. He's got Mortal Kombat belt, and unified it with the Street Fighter title.

Everyone's sooo ****in' talented they all need their own special form of a gold star. **** all that ****. Quit patting everyone's asses and arguing amongst yourselves over who deserves the most ass patting.

Why can't TC just be the former undisputed champion? Why isn't that good enough anymore? Why the **** are we even considering who the **** is WW lineal.

What was WW in 1780? Then how the **** do you have a lineage based on it? ****ing lineage of sanctioning body undisputedly? What the ****ing hell does that have to do with lineal? Fury doesn't talk about having the undisputed's title, he talks about having Sullivan's for a reason. There's a lineage there. WW's started with sanctioning bodies. Being a smartass and looking up who was WW champion in 1780 doesn't answer what WW was. When you figure that **** out and can explain how that **** can have a lineage then by all means post her up.

Y'all're doin my head with this ****. At least y'all're smart enough to realize **** like the Mayan doesn't mean a damn thing. I wish youse would realize more made up bull**** before you set to you long as **** multithread and multimonth debates that take over the whole forum.

WBC Franchise? Oh That's a joke, buuuut, weight division lineals and p4p lists, those are serious business.....**** yourselves.
      True, but a lot of human beings are barely a step above chimps in terms of intelligence, and I'd wager chimps have a higher likelihood of being able to think for themselves than these idiots who parrot nonsense as if it's the gospel, when in reality the nonsense they parrot is just clever marketing from people less stupid than they are.

Reminds me of the newer generation of people that need to work for 2 decades to pay off their mortgage when their parents only needed to work 5 years, yet they parrot idiotic statements like "B-b-but GDP is higher than ever!" and "the economy is stronger".

Like honestly, what does 'lineal' REALLY mean? It's useless, as is p4p. They are terms that only mean whatever any random person says they mean, there is no prestige in claiming something that cannot be measured scientifically (p4p) nor be elevated above any other achievement , such as 'lineal' status compared to a guy who holds 3 belts but didn't collect the one belt from some random person.

These r3tards (I'm being as kind and blunt as possible) and their grandchildren will speak of 'that time where THE Tyson Fury beat Otto Wallin' for the "legendary, nay, MYTHICAL Mayan belt".

Cattle.

Comment

There is no lineal outside of HW. It's the only division with lineage. Y'all talking about some made up promotional ****.

There's only one lineal champion, it's HW.

There's only one p4p, it's a title not a ****in' list.

Ring has nothing to do with lineal or p4p, they're just a promotional media outlet.

Why do y'all cry a river when the WBC or WBA make a new unterbelt but lap up anything Ring sells you?

The ****'s the point in the WBA Gold? Same god damn thing as having a ****in' p4p list or a lineal champion who isn't the HW. Just a bunch of bull**** accolades handed out to give the appearance of bigger achievements than boxers actually earn.

No, his ass can't be the WW lineal because there is no WW lineal. He can be p4p if you like. The p4p, not first on a list.

Otherwise, **** man, he's also the super-duper-omega-unicorn champion too. Plus he's first on the official list of kamehameha level boxers. He's got Mortal Kombat belt, and unified it with the Street Fighter title.

Everyone's sooo ****in' talented they all need their own special form of a gold star. **** all that ****. Quit patting everyone's asses and arguing amongst yourselves over who deserves the most ass patting.

Why can't TC just be the former undisputed champion? Why isn't that good enough anymore? Why the **** are we even considering who the **** is WW lineal.

What was WW in 1780? Then how the **** do you have a lineage based on it? ****ing lineage of sanctioning body undisputedly? What the ****ing hell does that have to do with lineal? Fury doesn't talk about having the undisputed's title, he talks about having Sullivan's for a reason. There's a lineage there. WW's started with sanctioning bodies. Being a smartass and looking up who was WW champion in 1780 doesn't answer what WW was. When you figure that **** out and can explain how that **** can have a lineage then by all means post her up.

Y'all're doin my head with this ****. At least y'all're smart enough to realize **** like the Mayan doesn't mean a damn thing. I wish youse would realize more made up bull**** before you set to you long as **** multithread and multimonth debates that take over the whole forum.

WBC Franchise? Oh That's a joke, buuuut, weight division lineals and p4p lists, those are serious business.....**** yourselves.
        get with the program , will you ? instead being a know it all, acting like you have the patent for these terms "lineal" and "p4p" and own the sole understanding of it

the concept of p4p is not that hard to understand..it is made to compare fighters from all divisions that answers one simple question as the bottomline?..."if they were the same size, who would be the superior/ better fighter?"

lineal on the other hand is a bit more confusing coz you have to trace where it started and ended, where it starts again in situations as when the current lineal retires or moves to a different division...

based on these unwritten rules, floyd has won the ww lineal champ 3 times, vs baldomir, vs sugar shane and vs manny pac

if you trace all those times, they all have 1 thing n common , it all started with the considered number 1 and 2 fighting for it

how did baldomir became lineal?......cory spinks, zab judah, baldo then floyd

how did shane become lineal?...ww 1&2 (could argue pwill in there btw) fought for it...thus margo winning it then shane then floyd

same scenario with above, pac vs bradley was between number 1 and 2 with pac eventually winning officially ...so yes, pac was a lineal

so to answer the ts question , realistically no because horn did not really beat pac

but on paper, yes , crawford should be the lineal champ

good thing is , this is not written in stones type of rule

on a side note: crawford really needs to mix it up with the current ww roster , it's not fair for him to fight scrubs while the rest are fighting it out

just my 2 cents!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          how the fk did Pac win the lineal title by beating Bradley ?
          how the **** did floyd become lineal by beating baldomir?

bradley>>>>baldomir

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
            get with the program , will you ? instead being a know it all, acting like you have the patent for these terms "lineal" and "p4p" and own the sole understanding of it

the concept of p4p is not that hard to understand..it is made to compare fighters from all divisions that answers one simple question as the bottomline?..."if they were the same size, who would be the superior/ better fighter?"

lineal on the other hand is a bit more confusing coz you have to trace where it started and ended, where it starts again in situations as when the current lineal retires or moves to a different division...

based on these unwritten rules, floyd has won the ww lineal champ 3 times, vs baldomir, vs sugar shane and vs manny pac

if you trace all those times, they all have 1 thing n common , it all started with the considered number 1 and 2 fighting for it

how did baldomir became lineal?......cory spinks, zab judah, baldo then floyd

how did shane become lineal?...ww 1&2 (could argue pwill in there btw) fought for it...thus margo winning it then shane then floyd

same scenario with above, pac vs bradley was between number 1 and 2 with pac eventually winning officially ...so yes, pac was a lineal

so to answer the ts question , realistically no because horn did not really beat pac

but on paper, yes , crawford should be the lineal champ

good thing is , this is not written in stones type of rule

on a side note: crawford really needs to mix it up with the current ww roster , it's not fair for him to fight scrubs while the rest are fighting it out

just my 2 cents!
            Pretty sure I covered pretty much everything you have to say. I'm not real sure what you want from me. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings bud.

Comment

LOL thing lineal thingy is really a messy deal

spence vs crawford or pac = lineal

pretty sure not a lot of people would argue that

Comment

Originally posted by andocom View Post
                Not sure if you understand what lineage means, anything with history has lineage. Since the early 1800s when the light weight division became a thing you would have to say there is a lineage there.

So if there is a HW lineage there most certainly are others. Now what some people claim they are, notably Tyson Fury, being the direct lineage of the man that beat the man since 1900 or whatever, well obviously that isn't true, its not true for HW or any other division I know of.

It is what it is.
                Yeah bud, I'm too stupid to know what a lineage is.

Maybe I'm trying to tell you something about those divisions you don't know. I'm pretty sure I addressed the existence of champions at weights lower than HW and prior to bodies.

So, bud, what exactly is you 1800s LW division? You have a better understanding of it than I do so you tell me?

Would you like me to explain or are you going to tell me I don't understand a word like division next?

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                  Delete that post right now
                  Look at the ****ing state of you. Why the **** would all youse *****es get sooo damn defensive if there wasn't some damn truth to it?

Now, after Tyson made Lineal a hot topic, now youse all know there's a separation between ring and lineal. For years and years and years when i said that I got responses like this.

It's not my fault you morons buy bull**** all the damn time. Why the **** do you think the WBC keeps selling it? Dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
                    Did Industry ever acknowledge PAC as successor to Floyd’s Lineage after Bradley 3?

Well he lost to Horn. Horn lost to Crawford?

Someone funna has to see Crawford?
                    You know what I believer you a right on the button with this one.
                    So for Spence to really become the undisputed welter weight king he needs to beat Bud to also get the lineal title.
                    Good pik up Mr Widdit.

Comment

Yeah bud, I'm too stupid to know what a lineage is.

Maybe I'm trying to tell you something about those divisions you don't know. I'm pretty sure I addressed the existence of champions at weights lower than HW and prior to bodies.

So, bud, what exactly is you 1800s LW division? You have a better understanding of it than I do so you tell me?

Would you like me to explain or are you going to tell me I don't understand a word like division next?
                      Mate, in my defense all I have to go off is your posts so its not unreasonable to assume you are pretty stupid when you say there is no lineage apart from HW and only one lineal champion, HW.

As for what is the 1800s lightweight division, not sure what you are asking here, are you claiming it didn't exist?

In the early nineteenth century, there were no standard weight classes. In 1823, the Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue said the limit for a "light weight" was 12 stone (168 lb, 76.2 kg) while Sportsman's Slang the same year gave 11 stone (154 lb, 69.9 kg) as the limit.

I guess almost 200 years doesn't count as "lineage" in your book, maybe thats not your point, who knows, I'm sure your posts must make sense in your own head.

Comment

Working...
                      X