Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do YOU see nationality/race in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do YOU see nationality/race in boxing?

Do YOU personally see race/nationality as a thing in boxing?

Yes
    41.94%
    No
    48.39%
    Yes, but only because certain people make it a thing
    9.68%

Nope. Here at PBC we're all family. Even the whites.

Comment

In boxing?
      Some m-fers on this site see race in EVERYTHING

Comment

No, I don’t choose my favorite fighters by race. But, I don’t see anything wrong with fans who engage in a little ethnic pride, it is perfectly normal. British, Mexican, PI, Polish, Puerto Rican, or whatever, should be able to cheer on their countrymen without being labeled racists or bigots. So long as you don’t hate a fighter because of their race or ethnicity.

Comment

Of course we do!

Anybody who says no, is lying.

But it’s not like a superior/inferior type of thing.

It’s more because a lot of fighters, are literally from a different country than the US. For Christ sakes Canelo don’t even speak English, how could you not notice race or nationality?

Look at Khabib from UFC. Dude has all of Russia behind him.

Comment

Not an iota.

Comment

Absolutely.
              Why else do they sing national anthems at every fight?
              Why is there a 'Mexican style' of fighting?
              Why are caucasion fighters automatically catapulted to the top of the ratings?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
                Absolutely.
                Why else do they sing national anthems at every fight?
                Why is there a 'Mexican style' of fighting?
                Why are caucasion fighters automatically catapulted to the top of the ratings?
                Exactly. Racism is ignorant, dumb wrong and holds us back as a species.

But nobody said they couldn’t have their preference for race, nation, etc. I personally find mixed black/white women to be the most attractive. Just my taste. Same as there’s nothing wrong with rooting or betting on a fighter due to their race, if thats’s the case.

Maybe the guy is black but he was raised in Europe so he roots for Euro fighters. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe the guy is American and doesn’t agree with the politics in another country so he roots for the American. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation
                  Not really, I'm interested in the boxing.

I like boxers that have heart, take risks, that don't look to spoil and cheat, that press the action, that aren't afraid to take on the best in their division, that back up in what they say, that do the unexpected, that have great boxing skills, that commit to their punches, fighter that will travel to make the big fights.

Their race or nationality mean very little.

Lol.

One word.

Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation
                    Not really, I'm interested in the boxing.

I like boxers that have heart, take risks, that don't look to spoil and cheat, that press the action, that aren't afraid to take on the best in their division, that back up in what they say, that do the unexpected, that have great boxing skills, that commit to their punches, fighter that will travel to make the big fights.

Their race or nationality mean very little.
                    Give a list of fighters who are like that?

Comment

Working...
                    X