Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Rocky Fielding a more dangerous opponent for Canelo then Lemieux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Push...........

Comment

Neither are that good. Fielding has size and Lemieux has genuine power. Lemieux has also fought at a much higher level than Fielding. Fielding's one genuinely good opponent (callum smith) stopped him in a round.

Also, i don't think size will be a factor. Ryder is short, domestic level and probably a middleweight and most felt he got robbed v Fielding.

Anyway, for Canelo it just seems like a tick over fight because he fought once this year, while not needing to bother making 160 and winning a version of a world title at 168 in the process.

it's an absolute mismatch really, but it is what it is. He would've got the same flack for fighting Lemiuex.

Comment

I’m going to say no only because Lemule has one punch ko power but I still think canelo handles him easy

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
          I Just think Canelo wants to test his body in a higher division without much chance of losing.
          Fielding is the perfect opponent for this.
          As for a more dangerous opponont. No.
          That's what I'm thinking. Maybe he thinks he won't be a MW to much longer and wanna see what it'll take for him to compete at 168. The past 2 years I've seen that Canelo and his team are very calculating. Zurdo at 168 is a bigger fight than Charlo at 160

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
            Yes as hes naturally larger (Canelo is hardly a MW) and he doesnt have loss in his mindset the way Lemeiux does.

That's not to say either guy is a PPV worthy opponent which is why neither fight would be on PPV. Nonetheless the lashback on Canelo for taking a stay busy fight is hilarious.

People whine Fielding is a bum, but I'd favor Canelo to best Groves or Smith at SMW as well- it's just a very weak division atm. And this Fielding guy is getting a Rocky shot.

Notice how Gennady fans just rant about Ca$hnelo without mentioning GGG is in vaca until May bc he got whooped in September

Is hilarious lmfao
            Its not laughable that people are lashing out at Canelo. Its justifiable. If you think Canelo beats Groves or Smith then he should have fought Groves or Smith. Or DeGeale. Or Chris Eubanks Jr. You know the 4 British Super middleweights who are better than Rocky Felding.

Canelo pretty much asked Jose Suliman to have GGG protect him from Charlo and Suliman or whatever the fuk his name is was more than happy to grant his request.

Comment

I think it's easily Fielding.

Lemieux has been overrated because he's one of ggg's best wins so his fans pump him up.

This poll from 2016, albeit a small sample size, had a 50/50 split between who they thought would win, Saunders or Lemieux:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=711676

The people who overrated Lemieux were shocked at the final result, a 50/50 type bout (in their minds) wound up a complete domination by Saunders. Saunders isn't that good, it's just that Lemieux made him look like some ATG masterclass boxer.

Lemieux has failed miserably at 154 & 160, nothing I've ever seen from him made me believe he's a great fighter.

He's supposedly this massive puncher but has failed to knock out multiple opponents even when he's failed to make weight.

Style wise, easy easy bout for Canelo. Lemieux has been hit with counters throughout his career, Saunders had a field day against him, and Rios could not miss, even had him rocked as early as round 2 despite not being a power puncher & Lemieux weighing 163 3/4
              Last edited by Cutthroat; 10-06-2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                In honesty probably Lemieux who has at least a chance at a hail mary shot (even though when the time comes he will land nothing and get the hell countered outta him)... a fighter of Fieldings length who had decent movement and a good jab could cause Canelo problems, but Rocky himself? Well I ain't seeing it.
                This in a nutshell.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Yes or no & your thoughts?
                  I think both fights are ***** but I think Lemieux at least had a genuine punchers chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    I think it's easily Fielding.

Lemieux has been overrated because he's one of ggg's best wins so his fans pump him up.

This poll from 2016, albeit a small sample size, had a 50/50 split between who they thought would win, Saunders or Lemieux:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=711676

The people who overrated Lemieux were shocked at the final result, a 50/50 type bout (in their minds) wound up a complete domination by Saunders. Saunders isn't that good, it's just that Lemieux made him look like some ATG masterclass boxer.

Lemieux has failed miserably at 154 & 160, nothing I've ever seen from him made me believe he's a great fighter.

He's supposedly this massive puncher but has failed to knock out multiple opponents even when he's failed to make weight.

Style wise, easy easy bout for Canelo. Lemieux has been hit with counters throughout his career, Saunders had a field day against him, and Rios could not miss, had him rocked in the 2nd round from a counter.
                    I think you're rather missing the point of the thread and / or are perhaps unfamiliar with Fielding. There's no-one here claiming Lemieux is particularly good, nor that he has any significant chance at beating Canelo, merely that he maybe has a marginally better chance than Fielding.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      I think you're rather missing the point of the thread and / or are perhaps unfamiliar with Fielding. There's no-one here claiming Lemieux is particularly good, nor that he has any significant chance at beating Canelo, merely that he maybe has a marginally better chance than Fielding.
                      Canelo is giving up 5 inches in height and 5 inches in reach, fighting in a brand new division, that is a much bigger risk than taking on Lemieux who is just an inch taller, has a shorter reach, and can barely make 160 these days.

Fielding has a W over Zeuge who is a pretty decent German fighter around the level of Culcay, Zbik, Stieglitz, Abraham, Sturm etc.

Lemieux has been overrated, Fielding gets flack for 1 loss to the #1 SMW, Smith, while Lemieux gets praised despite losing at the top level at 154 & 168.

Comment

Working...
                      X