No announcement yet.

Ring Magazine New Rankings: Deontay Wilder #3, Tyson Fury #2, Anthony Joshua #1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R01 View Post
    The names on that list look far more credible than any media outlet.
    How dare you, Fat Dan and the guys that work for the paper that have never stepped in the ring, know more about boxing than Mayweather and Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      The Ring is owned by Golden Boy Promotions. Literally. How does anybody still take their ratings seriously?
      Wow OLDH really did buy them in 2007. Yup they are no longer a reliable source for rankings....

That's too bad they were considered the gold standard and final authority for decades.

Comment

They are the most respected experts and outlets and if they had a draw or Wilder winning, you can't act like a draw is then an outrageous and corrupt result. There should be no controversy here. It was a close fight. It ended in draw. 40% of ringside experts had it a draw. The official decision being a draw shouldn't have anyone in a huff.
        And you still keep posting these "40%/60%" figures without any substantiation. In fact every time you are confronted with verifiable information you retreat into your same imaginary statistics. List all of the experts who were ringside together with their scores, not just some of them. You have a long history of posting selective half-information with a clear intention to mislead people.
        Last edited by jglvz256; 12-09-2018, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jglvz256 View Post
          And you still keep posting these "40%/60%" figures without any substantiation.
          BoxingScene's own figures substantiate my casual polling on press row after the fight. BoxingScene spoke to 14 leading experts and found the same percentages I did.

You chose to include anybody you could to try to skew the numbers and even still, by your own numbers, 40% didn't think Fury won. So there's no way to cry "robbery" on a draw. By my numbers. By your numbers. By BoxingScene's numbers. Anybody's numbers show a substantial amount of people didn't think Fury won, and therefore, a draw is not a "robbery."

Comment

BoxingScene's own figures substantiate my casual polling on press row after the fight. BoxingScene spoke to 14 leading experts and found the same percentages I did.
            And yet again you duck the question. The BoxingScene article is a casual poll and not a complete sample of exclusively press row experts. Including more scores increases the Fury totals because there are practically no experts outside of your beloved tiny sample that scored Wilder/the draw. Post your complete "60% of the press row experts who didn't score it for Fury" scores or STFU.

Comment

Oh and if anyone is interested this is the link to my compiled list of media scores. These are verified scores not the "I spoke to 30 of my ringside friend experts and they all agreed with me" type poll that the paid shill prefers to use.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=800502

Comment

And yet again you duck the question. The BoxingScene article is a casual poll and not a complete sample of exclusively press row experts. Including more scores increases the Fury totals because there are practically no experts outside of your beloved tiny sample that scored Wilder/the draw. Post your complete "60% of the press row experts who didn't score it for Fury" scores or STFU.
                youre getting so emotional because you know your own numbers prove i'm right that it wasn't a robbery.

i asked everyone i encountered on press row what result they had and made a quick note in my phone of the results. i didn't write down 30 names or 30 scores, just 30 answers.

but what drives you crazy is that i've repeatedly conceded the point, allowed you to fo by your numbers instead of mine, and you still lose.

i've given you every advantage imaginable and you still can't justify a robbery.

when such a huge percentage of the most reputable and respected publications don't have fury winning, your attempt to cry robbery will always fail.

it was a close fight. more experts thought fury won thab wilder. congrats to fury on a great performance. but a draw was a VERY common score on press row.

so a draw is not a robbery. sorry man.

Comment

so a draw is not a robbery. sorry man.
                  I'm not trying to prove a robbery. Wherever the evidence leads, it leads. I'm trying to persuade you to stop presenting unsubstantiated, incomplete information to mislead people. I see that this is impossible and that you are just doing your job. Peace out man.

PS I found that in fact the AP scorer is the same as the Washington Post scorer, and updated my scores appropriately. I know you'll be interested in this as you are always as keen on scrupulous accuracy as I am.

Comment

I don't buy that there are any experts in scoring a fight. Also, I think a television moniter gives a great indication of the action. The hand is quicker than the eye. There is no accounting for subtlety... for example, making a punch just miss, etc.

If fights are going to be scored properly then it will take a system that works. For example, 9 judges that score alternative rounds, and when the round ends, they can review, while other judges score the next round. Using instant replay, so one can see effects of punches.

There is no excuse for not using these measures, they are not put into place so the moneyed interests can protect those interests. And its really that simple. Fat Dan and Kevin Lole in their writing, depth of understanding, etc are not experts and not competant to judge the best Yamulke at a Ba Mitzvah much less a championship fight.

If people want real judging it has to be demanded. I have lost my last three bets and in all cases should have won...Including this fight. Its that bad folks! The book makers are not intending to lose... The Mexican Judge was there for that purpose. So when fans get tired of these interests 5h1tt1ng on our heads, we can "open our mouths" like what is done on this thread...and swallow, or refuse to let judges corrupt decisions demanding an alternative scoring system.
                    Last edited by billeau2; 12-09-2018, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I'm not trying to prove a robbery. Wherever the evidence leads, it leads.
                      Well it clearly lead to a draw being a legitimate decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X