Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacobs a free agent after his title win.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    LOL this stuff is crazy people are thinking this.

When GGG was making less guaranteed money with HBO he wasn't fighting a bunch of bums. Hell he fought GGG...twice with HBO. Anyone who thinks Canelo won't fight challenging opponents or that DAZN will let him fight 11 Rocky Fielding's in a row don't understand how boxing or contracts works.
    You're probably right, and I don't believe he'll fight 11 Fielding's either. I guess I'm just worried it's going to become a saga here and 2-3 years down the line we could still be debating whether Canelo will face a stiff challenge while on DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Showtime is paying 65-70 million for 12 PBC shows next year. Almost 5.5 million per show. And it still hasn't dawned on you that filed purses are bogus?
      So you think Jacobs will get a higher purse on showtime fighting charlo than he will fighting DAZN getting their guarantees or what he would fighting Canelo?

Yes or no... Does Jacobs get paid more fighting charlo on showtime than he does fighting on charlo on DAZN?

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
        Yes or no... Does Jacobs get paid more fighting charlo on showtime than he does fighting on charlo on DAZN?
        Seeing as how Hearn failed to get any of Showtime's stars to jump from SHO to DAZN, and all of those stars saying they already make more money than Hearn was offering, wouldn't that indicate to you that Jacobs would likely make more fighting Charlo on a PBC event than fighting Charlo on DAZN?

Comment

Seeing as how Hearn failed to get any of Showtime's stars to jump from SHO to DAZN, and all of those stars saying they already make more money than Hearn was offering, wouldn't that indicate to you that Jacobs would likely make more fighting Charlo on a PBC event than fighting Charlo on DAZN?
          No, and thats not an answer to my question. I want to know if YOU.. think jacobs gets more fighting charlo on showtime, than if he does by signing with DAZN and taking a guarantee from them.

Jacobs purse guarantees to sign to DAZN will be much more than his HBO purses.. which were more than his showtime purses, and you know this.

He's on record saying he made more on HBO than with Al and his 2nd checks at showtime. Moving to DAZN will provide him even more..

Also.. all these "filed purses" thing you have going on. Theyre bogus because fighters like wilder, spence , broner for example have their own companies to funnel extra finance from the back end through from negating front end risk.

What companies does, did or will jacobs have or control that he'll be able to receive extra purse money through?

Comment

jacobs has had zero buzz or excitement for his fights since going to hearn

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
              No, and thats not an answer to my question. I want to know if YOU.. think jacobs gets more fighting charlo on showtime, than if he does by signing with DAZN and taking a guarantee from them.
              Clearly Showtime/Fox money is better than DAZN money for Haymon stars because all of Hearn's offers have been laughed at for being lower than what they're already making. So yes, I do think PBC would pay Jacobs more to fight Charlo than DAZN would pay.

Doesn't mean Jacobs shouldn't go to DAZN. If he wants Canelo, he'll have to go to DAZN and possibly have to sign with Golden Boy. But if his deal with Hearn is expired, I see no logical reason to sign with Hearn again.

Jacobs purse guarantees to sign to DAZN will be much more than his HBO purses
              You don't know that. HBO wildly overpaid for Jacobs and lost their ass on the deal. You have no idea if DAZN will pay much more, or even as much.

Also.. all these "filed purses" thing you have going on. Theyre bogus because fighters like wilder, spence , broner for example have their own companies to funnel extra finance from the back end through from negating front end risk.
              All the top fighters do. Not just Haymon fighters. Arum fighters too. It's been standard procedure since the 1940s. Stop acting obtuse. Jacobs can spend a couple hundred dollars to create an LLC if he hasn't already and I guarantee you he has. Filed purses are bogus. Top fighters never list their true purse. You have no idea what US fighters are actually making.

Comment

Clearly Showtime/Fox money is better than DAZN money for Haymon stars because all of Hearn's offers have been laughed at for being lower than what they're already making. So yes, I do think PBC would pay Jacobs more to fight Charlo than DAZN would pay.

Broner lying about 50 million?
                Gervonta actively liking and courting it ?
                can you do a breakdown of the financials for the upcoming charlo healiner for me, break down where each bit of the money goes for that show, then tell me if what they get is bigger than what hearn has offered? and if not, let me know how PBC/AL/SHO arent losing money if theyre funneling cash not made my the show to charlos through secondary companies? id like to see that.

Doesn't mean Jacobs shouldn't go to DAZN. If he wants Canelo, he'll have to go to DAZN and possibly have to sign with Golden Boy. But if his deal with Hearn is expired, I see no logical reason to sign with Hearn again.

I think you're lying here to protect your narrative.
                i see every logical reason to stay with Hearn. Get overpaid, fight lesser competition other than canelo and then cash out.

You don't know that. HBO wildly overpaid for Jacobs and lost their ass on the deal. You have no idea if DAZN will pay much more, or even as much.

Of course they will, to protect the home network of that belt and build on the easy promotion that comes with unifications. titles bring money, thats not up for discussion.
                Say jacobs v charlo on showtime.. is it PPV? how many people buy it ? 150/200k? Charlo aint PPV.. and according to everyone neither is jacobs which i agree.

if its on DAZN, whos to say they wont guarantee against subscriptions for much more. continuous monthly revenue into DAZN through subscriptions provides higher purses than a ppv number speculation for one single event.

All the top fighters do. Not just Haymon fighters. Arum fighters too. It's been standard procedure since the 1940s. Stop acting obtuse. Jacobs can spend a couple hundred dollars to create an LLC if he hasn't already and I guarantee you he has. Filed purses are bogus. Top fighters never list their true purse. You have no idea what US fighters are actually making.

Neither do you... your position is no stronger, simply on the other side of the fence. When you start posting the haymon cheques for the amounts fighters receive on top of their filed purses, i'll start believing they're as insanely higher as you say.

As for Jacobs having an LLC, he does so i stand corrected on that.
                found it after a short search on the secretary of state for NY LLC filings.
                ties up with creation a month after his first pro fight in 07

10 chars...

Comment

DAZN is the obvious choice. You have Canelo, Andrade, and a host of other middleweight contenders.
                  Besides Charlo, PBC does not present very many other choices.
                  And ESPN really don't have a horse in the middlweight division, except for Murata, who just got his ass whooped.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    sure he would

jacbos hasnt looked anything special since golovkin fight...and even in that fight he didnt look great or special really.....even though he had a good showing

if jacobs really wants to tame charlo he can get it now that hes not on hbo.....but he has to be willing to at least fight on showtime at least once.....i doubt hes interested in taking that fight without a deal behind it though...if he takes and it loses hes not gonna be in a good position going forward

he will likely move away from charlo and go with hearn or someone else....which makes charlo/jacobs tough to make
                    charlo can fight off of showtime as well he's not exclusit to showtime. I don't see why everybody has to go on a pbc platform to fight their fighters. They don't even have network exclusive contracts so if charlo really wants it he'll fight danny on whatever network he's on. that's dazn most likely. charlo doesn't want it though he's been real quiet when comes to jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
                      charlo can fight off of showtime as well he's not exclusit to showtime. I don't see why everybody has to go on a pbc platform to fight their fighters. They don't even have network exclusive contracts so if charlo really wants it he'll fight danny on whatever network he's on. that's dazn most likely. charlo doesn't want it though he's been real quiet when comes to jacobs.
                      regardless of the fact that pbc doesnt have contracts with fighters for networks....charlo is a core showtime fighter....theyve invested in him and will continue to do so.....hes for all intents and purposes a showtime fighter

we still arent really sure how good charlo is...but jacobs isnt anything real special either.....charlo aint shook at all man

Comment

Working...
                      X