Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Joshua vs. Wilder Won't Crack 350K Buys in US

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Joshua vs. Wilder Won't Crack 350K Buys in US

New York - In a short amount of time, Ryan "KingRy" Garcia (16-0, 13 KO's) has amassed a very good following. Outside of his looks, charisma, and social media activity - many insiders consider him one of the best prospects in boxing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I disagree. It's heavyweight boxing. That has a different magnetic pull that draws in casuals. You tell someone "the heavyweight champs are fighting" and that in and of itself generates interest. You show them who Fury and Wilder are and they will be on board. Match Joshua vs Wilder after that and you have a real show.
    It might not be a sensation, but it'll sell. Wilder fighting nobodies didn't do much but it's a different situation now and the guy has some respect on his name.
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 09-14-2018, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      New York - In a short amount of time, Ryan "KingRy" Garcia (16-0, 13 KO's) has amassed a very good following. Outside of his looks, charisma, and social media activity - many insiders consider him one of the best prospects in boxing.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      Yeah I stopped reading there. BIGPOPPAPUMP and BS gotta step their game up. If you going to try to make up fairy tales at least make it believable. At the age of 21 Benavidez is the "GOAT" prospect atm.

Comment

It's heavyweight boxing. It will do numbers of they price and market it right 350k should be the min honestly. I am not saying it should do 1 million but it should do 350k. This is one reason why Deontay needs a Promoter.

Comment

Sounds more like "hope" than a prediction! HATER!

Comment

If all I had was a trashcan full of coke to live in.. and a old pair of fishnet stockings to wear.. I probably would be a grouch too! Lol. Just a wired uncomfortable grouch. Lol. Ok Oscar! U better worry about yo cash cow.. el Cinnamon! GGG is trying to retire dat fool! He's Punish Canelo for eating a thousand contaminated tacos just a hour before drug testing.. two days in a row! Lmao. #Bodywork!!

Comment

So wilder vs Joshua will barely do better than Canelo vs Smith? Yeah sure. Oscar is just hating because he's only put on successful ppvs with 2 fighter over the past several yrs and that 1 fighter is about to take a huge hit to his ppv status tomorrow.

Comment

Where is De La Crook? Didn't see him during GGG vs Dopelo2 media scrum in Vegas. Again in rehab? Poor boy. Should take deluded BHose with him.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                  It's heavyweight boxing. It will do numbers of they price and market it right 350k should be the min honestly. I am not saying it should do 1 million but it should do 350k. This is one reason why Deontay needs a Promoter.
                  You make some good points and I agree about Wilder needing a promoter but ppv doesn’t work like that I’m afraid, as much as people on here hate to hear it the reality is the majority of ppv buys regardless of country come from casuals and neither has a casual fan base in the U.S to warrant tv networks risking millions to stage the fight.

The fight does a million+ buys easy here in the U.K, but AJ has to fight in America at least twice before they even think about doing it in the U.S.

You’re not going to like this but no one knows who they are in the U.S that’s just the reality of it at the moment.

Comment

I think he might be right. not many people know Joshua in USA

Comment

Working...
                    X