Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is PBC going to announce any new fights or are they done for the year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is PBC going to announce any new fights or are they done for the year?

The reason I ask is because last year they only had 2 cards in the final 3 months of the year (Garcia-Vargas, Cuellar-Mares).

Currently they have two cards to finish out July (Broner-Garcia, Ortiz-Corral) but nothing after that. We've heard rumors of Santa Cruz-Mares, Dirrell-Benavidez but no announcements yet.

Do you think PBC will air more than say 5 cards the rest of the year?

2016 for PBC
    First 9 months: 50 cards
    Last 3 months: 2 cards

2017 for PBC:
    First 7 months: 30 cards
    Last 5 months: ???

Comment

There is a FS1 card the Tuesday b4 May-Mac.
      Bounce TV card Sep 8.
      Hurd-Trout Sep 30
      Santa Cruz-Mares Oct 7
      Oct 14 card from Barclays
      Nov 4 card with Wilder-Ortiz

Plus Charlo-Lubin fight.

Comment

newsflash: pbc is basically dead.

hth

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          The reason I ask is because last year they only had 2 cards in the final 3 months of the year (Garcia-Vargas, Cuellar-Mares).

Currently they have two cards to finish out July (Broner-Garcia, Ortiz-Corral) but nothing after that. We've heard rumors of Santa Cruz-Mares, Dirrell-Benavidez but no announcements yet.

Ironically, the Mayweather vs McGrgeor publicity with Showtime did bring some casuals to Garcia vs Broner. People need to realize that Brendan kat from the UFC will have brought combat sports intellectuals to boxing for the temporary. Also Tank will be on the undercard, if Tank does another badass performance in front of UFC casuals it's going to be a big win for PBC...

This might be another amazing year for PBC. Wilder is the real deal...

Also Joe Rogan is polishing his boxing, his newer podcasts on boxing get better. His fan base is majority MMA
          Last edited by Lester Tutor; 07-19-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
            Bounce TV card Sep 8.
            Hurd-Trout Sep 30
            Santa Cruz-Mares Oct 7

Plus Charlo-Lubin fight.
            What MasterPlan said.

I believe I saw a Sept. date for Benavidez vs Dirrell too. 9th iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              newsflash: pbc is basically dead.

hth
              According to some cats PBC been a zombie since that first Thurman vs Guerrero card.

I think some people are underestimating how fluid this PBC thing can be via its usage of Showtime for its bigger fights. You can say those aren't really PBC shows, but they are branded as PBC shows with PBC fighters so its a PBC fight like it or not.

Comment

I think PBC is kind of finished. The idea behind it was TERRIFIC and I wanted it to succeed.

They created their own belt and sounded like they were working toward ELIMINATING all the belts and making their own the one that mattered. That is exactly what the sport needs: 1 weight class, 1 champion. Makes it easy for casuals and difficult for fighters to duck/dodge...making just about everything better for us, the fans.

It does not appear PBC will be able to make this happen, however. Back to explaining to my friends who boxing fans differentiate belt holders from champions across divisions

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                  Bounce TV card Sep 8.
                  Hurd-Trout Sep 30
                  Santa Cruz-Mares Oct 7

Plus Charlo-Lubin fight.
                  Hopefully those don't fall through. Wilder-Ortiz is not guaranteed, and if it happens Hurd-Trout will be on the undercard, it won't be it's own show.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                    I think PBC is kind of finished. The idea behind it was TERRIFIC and I wanted it to succeed.

They created their own belt and sounded like they were working toward ELIMINATING all the belts and making their own the one that mattered. That is exactly what the sport needs: 1 weight class, 1 champion. Makes it easy for casuals and difficult for fighters to duck/dodge...making just about everything better for us, the fans.

It does not appear PBC will be able to make this happen, however. Back to explaining to my friends who boxing fans differentiate belt holders from champions across divisions
                    Right... as if PBC thought it eliminates any other protocol of boxing and the ABC's to just simplify it like the MLB...

Comment

Working...
                    X