No announcement yet.

2008's Most Hated Individual in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008's Most Hated Individual in Boxing

As the year draws to an end, we the faithful posters on BoxingScene should be carefully considering our most hated name in boxing. Out of pure curiosity, I would like to know everyone's opinion. You can choose from fighter, trainer, manager, promoter, even commentator if you so choose.

I would have to say, right now, my most hated person in the sport is Leonard Ellerbe. Not only do I have NO idea how he even benefits Mayweather, but I also hate his lack of honesty to the public. Anytime he is questioned regarding Mayweather, he always replies "Floyd isn't even thinking about boxing right now".

Why the secrecy? Why the dishonesty? Will Floyd come back to boxing anytime soon? Maybe not. Will he come back ever? Possibly not. Is he thinking about a future fight? The man has worn gloves since he could walk. He was born and bread for this. He is regarded the world over as one of the best, if not the best, to have ever thrown a punch. It is physically IMPOSSIBLE for him to go a full 24 hours without a thought of boxing. What purpose does Ellerbe serve by quelling any talk of a Mayweather return? I want that man deported.

Isn't this the Don King award?

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_nall View Post
      As the year draws to an end, we the faithful posters on BoxingScene should be carefully considering our most hated name in boxing. Out of pure curiosity, I would like to know everyone's opinion. You can choose from fighter, trainer, manager, promoter, even commentator if you so choose.

I would have to say, right now, my most hated person in the sport is Leonard Ellerbe. Not only do I have NO idea how he even benefits Mayweather, but I also hate his lack of honesty to the public. Anytime he is questioned regarding Mayweather, he always replies "Floyd isn't even thinking about boxing right now".

Why the secrecy? Why the dishonesty? Will Floyd come back to boxing anytime soon? Maybe not. Will he come back ever? Possibly not. Is he thinking about a future fight? The man has worn gloves since he could walk. He was born and bread for this. He is regarded the world over as one of the best, if not the best, to have ever thrown a punch. It is physically IMPOSSIBLE for him to go a full 24 hours without a thought of boxing. What purpose does Ellerbe serve by quelling any talk of a Mayweather return? I want that man deported.
      Thats his job! The work that he does for pbf is all financial!

Comment

Nonito Donaire

Comment

there's a few people i dislike but i reserve all my hate for Amir Khan

Comment

I don't really hate any boxer.

However, there are some sports commentators and writers that I can say I truly hate.

There are a number of bad ones to choose from, but the very worst is probably Eric Raskin.

Comment

Originally posted by jantzen212003 View Post
              Thats his job! The work that he does for pbf is all financial!
              Exactly... I understand that PBF has numerous investments outside of the ring. And I am glad that Ellerbe manages those investments. I just want the man to stick to PBF's financial interests. Talk about what you know. Rumors about Floyd discussing possible boxing opportunities come from other reputable camps, sometimes reputable media sources, and even several members of his immediate family. Then such rumors get tossed out by who? His damn financial advisor! The crazy thing is, the story with Ellerbe has never changed. That quote... "isn't even thinking about boxing" has been repeated for 3 years now.

Floyd likes to come out of the shadows and suprise people with the announcement of a matchup. I understand and respect that. But to say that he isn't considering it as a possibility is NOT Ellerbe's job. Ellerbe's job is to grasp hold of Floyd's little coconuts and hold on with all his might, and hopefully increase Floyd's monetary value outside the ring. Its a good thing Ellerbe isn't involved in politics...

"Right now Mr. Obama is not even thinking about being President"!

Comment

Joe Cortez....

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Joe Cortez....
                  i second that.

Comment

Cortez
                    Calzaghe
                    Mayweather
                    I'd give the prize to Calzaghe

Comment