No announcement yet.

Bloody nose

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    I would avoid the full-face protection head gear. If you use it for sparring you will bleed like a pig during a real fight.
    True dat. ……...Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Archie_Leach View Post
      You are a pleb.

I would knock you out even faster than i would knock out that failed bum Rocker

You're definitely Chollo Vista.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
        You're definitely Chollo Vista.
        Archie Leach is actually Chollo Vagina, what a loser! …….Rockin
        Last edited by Rockin'; 06-13-2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          Any thoughts of just dealing with it as it comes? Don't buy that headgear; instead get a football helmet, a professional umpire pad and a pillow for your ass when you get knocked down. Toughen' up boy, you're not shooting marbles here. Don't forget to wear your cup and mouthpiece………..Rockin'
          Why not buy that headgear?, it will protect you nose. What's a matter with that? What is the down side to wearing that head gear?

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
            Why not buy that headgear?, it will protect you nose. What's a matter with that? What is the down side to wearing that head gear?
            when you spar you will leak a bit, this builds scar tissue to help stop the leaking. If you wear a full face head gear you will build no scar tissue at all in your nose. Then when you fight you are fighting with a 'virgin' nose and you will bleed, maybe enough for them to stop the bout because of all of the blood. Get it under control away from the sanctioned ring so that you don't lose by
            TKO. It's called training and part of your training is to bleed as you will but to have it under control on fight night. Oh yeah, with your sparring when ever you bleed get some vasiline on the wound and then when you get home put some vasiline up your nose rubbing it on to the scab. This will soften the scab so that when it's torn off in sparring it won't bleed as much, if at all. The scab being soft, it will not get torn off creating the blood. It will just slide off not damaging any tissue at all…....Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 06-14-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              when you spar you will leak a bit, this builds scar tissue to help stop the leaking. If you wear a full face head gear you will build no scar tissue at all in your nose. Then when you fight you are fighting with a 'virgin' nose and you will bleed, maybe enough for them to stop the bout because of all of the blood. Get it under control away from the sanctioned ring so that you don't lose by
              TKO. It's called training and part of your training is to bleed as you will but to have it under control on fight night. Oh yeah, with your sparring when ever you bleed get some vasiline on the wound and then when you get home put some vasiline up your nose rubbing it on to the scab. This will soften the scab so that when it's torn off in sparring it won't bleed as much, if at all. The scab being soft, it will not get torn off creating the blood. It will just slide off not damaging any tissue at all…....Rockin'
              Some guys never stop bleeding from their nose, fight to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ImTyrone View Post
                I’m 16 and want to turn pro at 20. My problem is my nose always bleed when it is hit. Even when it’s a light jab or when I got my hands up. I been cauterized but it doesn’t work. Can someone help me?

At me in 16 - 18 years the blood flowed from a nose up to the most knees. Just a stream from my nose. I returned to the gym at 24 and I am now 29 years old and I have not had any bleeding, although I spend 40 rounds (!) Of sparring every day for the last five years. My figther had blood from the nose of the Ima and went to the doctor and burned the wound in his nose with a lazer. Now his blood does not flow.

Comment

Originally posted by trener_chempion View Post
                  At me in 16 - 18 years the blood flowed from a nose up to the most knees. Just a stream from my nose. I returned to the gym at 24 and I am now 29 years old and I have not had any bleeding, although I spend 40 rounds (!) Of sparring every day for the last five years. My figther had blood from the nose of the Ima and went to the doctor and burned the wound in his nose with a lazer. Now his blood does not flow.
                  With a laser? Was it broken?

Comment

My nose bled at first when sparring. After taking a week off sparring for vacation (back in April), and then sort of easing back into sparring, my nose has never bled since. Now I use an open face headgear and the nose holds up extremely well.

My defense and head movement got much better of course, so I don't really get popped in the nose too often, but even when I do theres no blood now.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
                      I had read in the past that a lot of people had the experience where one day the nose just sort of stops bleeding after it had been bleeding easily for a period of time.
                      This. I took a break from boxing for 1/2 weeks due to me waiting for new shoes to arrive - and because I was sick of my left nostril bleeding. I went back into the gym and sparred and it wasn't bleeding.

If you pick your nose I would recommend you stop as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X