No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
    Who has Berto beat to make him more accomplished?

Peterson is better than anybody he's ever beaten.
    ^ This .............

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Well, maybe that is the case. Some people think highly of Lucas, I don't, and never have.
      well, if lucas is a bum and he's postol best win and postol is crawford's best win, then what does this say about crawford?

i know you dont like manny, but for you to sit there and say lucas is a bum? lol.. now i know lucas is not an ATG but you're trying way to hard here to discredit him here.

you made your point when this fight first got announce that you're not interested in watching 2 over the hill fighters so lets just leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        Dunn is a fuking ******.
        TYVM........what the fck is this guy on......seriously

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
          well, if lucas is a bum and he's postol best win and postol is crawford's best win, then what does this say about crawford?

i know you dont like manny, but for you to sit there and say lucas is a bum? lol.. now i know lucas is not an ATG but you're trying way to hard here to discredit him here.

you made your point when this fight first got announce that you're not interested in watching 2 over the hill fighters so lets just leave it at that.
          Dude, the thread is about Manny/Matthysse, not Crawford. I can't speak for the opinions of others relative to Lucas, just mine.

I have said Lucas is over rated for years, not just because he is signed to fight Manny. Now even if you think Lucas is great, his most current fight was a dismal performance against an extremely weak opponent that made many think the opponent was paid off to take a dive. It was a terrible fight, or am I making that up?

You and every other poster that disagrees with me has yet to address my point about Lucas last fight.

I did leave it at that-and then got quoted today and responded.

Comment

Lucas since 2015:

April 2015 -ekes out MD over Ruslan in a fight he took heavy danage.
            Oct 2015-KO loss to Postol lopsided fight
            20 month layoff
            May 2017-KO win over Taylor who was coming off 2 wins against men that were 16-18 and 10-17
            Jan 2018-KO win over Kiram

Comment

pac-tards think todays version of pac beats 96 roy jones jr.

Comment

Originally posted by TSS View Post
                Berto has done more at 147 than Matthysse has. There is no questioning this.
                Lucas has only been at 147 for two fights. He hasn't had the chance to put together that untouchable 3-4 record with big wins over Steve Upsher Chambers, Josesito Lopez and Victor Ortiz

Comment

Dude, the thread is about Manny/Matthysse, not Crawford. I can't speak for the opinions of others relative to Lucas, just mine.

I have said Lucas is over rated for years, not just because he is signed to fight Manny. Now even if you think Lucas is great, his most current fight was a dismal performance against an extremely weak opponent that made many think the opponent was paid off to take a dive. It was a terrible fight, or am I making that up?

You and every other poster that disagrees with me has yet to address my point about Lucas last fight.

I did leave it at that-and then got quoted today and responded.
                  I don't take issue with you saying Lucas is overrated, and has been, and this fight is a late-career money grab and nothing more.

What I took issue with, which simply can't be justified, is that Andre Berto is a better fighter than Lucas Matthysse.

That is just silly

Comment

WTF? Seriously dude I know you don't really like Floyd but this is utter BS. Lucas is a ****ing bum, always has been. He is the most over rated guy on NSB. He's never been better than Berto-and I agree with you that Berto should never have gotten that fight with Floyd.

How can you call him a champion? he was gifted a BS regular title that isn't real in any way shape or form. You know this and have often been critical of fake titles like this.

IMO this is a crap fight. it may turn out to be a great fight and I will admit it if I am wrong.

I also agree that I am not sure Manny is Roy level washed yet. I wouldn't pick him against any elite WW but I think he still has enough to beat a jobber like Matthysse.
                    Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
                    not saying this isn't a pointless fight, and well past it money grab - but "Lucas never being better than Berto"?

That's a joke, right?

Lucas fought tooth and nail and lost a razor thin decision against a top 15 P4P guy in Danny Garcia. Should have gotten the rematch but didn't.

He literally destroyed a tough contender in Lamont Peterson in what? Under 5 rounds?

LOL Berto got both eyes swollen shut by a blown up 135 pounder Robert Guerrero; got beat up by a ghost for 12 rounds!

berto then got outgunned by JOURNEYMAN I can't even remeber his name? Soto Karass - in the 12th round.

It's not even close - Lucas is currently, even at this stage, and has ALWAYS been a much better fighter than Berto, and it's really not even up for debate.

Talk about gifted titles - you should check out Berto's rise to the top..

I honestly can't believe a semi-respectable poster like you is claiming Berto is better than Lucas.
                    Originally posted by WallabeeKing View Post
                    I stopped reading after this. Berto wouldn't say this himself.
                    Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
                    You my man Dunn and I know you hate Matthysse because of his fanbase back in the day but Matthysse would annihilate Berto. Berto is a sitting duck for power shots all night long.

Hell, Peterson is a eons superior fighter than Berto yet looked what happened to him
                    You guys were very critical of me regarding what I said about Matthysse being a bum. Leaving aside the Broner comparison, how did you guys judge that performance against Manny?

Comment

Working...
                    X