No announcement yet.

Rate The Last Film You Saw!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
    First Reformed. Sad, morbid movie about a pastor who is depressed and lonely. Ethan Hawke is great; should at least get an Academy Award nomination. Otherwise 5/10. Unless you're depressed and lonely; then you'll love to see someone WAY more depressed and lonely than you are.
    News flash: it’s actually Schraders remake of Bergman’s WINTER LIGHT (word for word in some scenes) with some of Bressons DIARY OF A COUNTRY PRIEST sprinkled throughout topped with a Tarkovskian levitation sequence.

Very similar to what Carlos Reygadas did with Dreyers ORDET in LUZ SILENCIOSA. (Which, by the way, Shrader screened at MoMA before screening FIRST REFORMED)

For a dude who has claimed to know a lot about film, and has admonished other members for their lack of film knowledge and narrow tastes, in other film related threads, i would have thought you’d have known and mentioned this in your insightful review.

Comment

• Originally posted by racer59 View Post
      News flash: it’s actually Schraders remake of Bergman’s WINTER LIGHT (word for word in some scenes) with some of Bressons DIARY OF A COUNTRY PRIEST sprinkled throughout topped with a Tarkovskian levitation sequence.

Very similar to what Carlos Reygadas did with Dreyers ORDET in LUZ SILENCIOSA. (Which, by the way, Shrader screened at MoMA before screening FIRST REFORMED)

For a dude who has claimed to know a lot about film, and has admonished other members for their lack of film knowledge and narrow tastes, in other film related threads, i would have thought you’d have known and mentioned this in your insightful review.
      Of course I realized Schrader was channeling Bergman but I'm not familiar with either Bresson or Reygadas. I'm not a film historian nor do I claim to be one.

But I appreciate you stalking me; it's a sign a deep respect.

Comment

• A.nal Princess 3.

6/10

Comment

• Atomic Shark. Funny and silly SyFy spectacle. Several very cute female life guards. 6/10.

Angry Red Planet. Good old late 50's/early 60's space opera. Cool Spider-bat-scorpion monster. 6/10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
            Of course I realized Schrader was channeling Bergman but I'm not familiar with either Bresson or Reygadas. I'm not a film historian nor do I claim to be one.

But I appreciate you stalking me; it's a sign a deep respect.
            It’s a sign that you’re a cunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by racer59 View Post
              It’s a sign that you’re a cunt.
              Welcome to ignore.

Comment

• A horror movie called 'We are the flesh'. Didn't like it, was weird as hell though.

Comment

• i just saw damsel (2018). a weird western with robert pattinson. worth watching, is not what you would expect

Comment

• just watched the invitation, it's kinda slow, but is totally worth it

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      just watched the invitation, it's kinda slow, but is totally worth it
                      Did you watched cos it has a similar setting to Coherence? I've watched it too.

Comment

Working...
                      X