No announcement yet.

Jose Ramirez does damage control

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Ramirez does damage control

Feel sorry for the kid. It's not his fault and I'm sure he would've loved to join the WBSS 140 tournament. Now he's stuck waiting on a good opponent since Hooker derailed Top Rank's plans.

No doubt in my mind his RGBA stablemate Vergil Ortiz KO’s Ramirez right now. Shoot even Linares would outbox him and take his strap.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
      No doubt in my mind his RGBA stablemate Vergil Ortiz KO’s Ramirez right now. Shoot even Linares would outbox him and take his strap.
      Vergil a beast but thats not saying much cause Vergil right now ko Regis and hooker too.

Ramirez is that man these boys wanna be so thats why they come at him, they want what ramirez has not the other way around.

and Linares would look good early but will fade and get stopped late. His typical M.O. when the going get tough.

War Ramirez.

Comment

He's in the Arum protection program. I don't completely believe that he really wanted to be in the tournament. If he really believed in his ability he would ask Arum to put him in and if Arum believed in him, he would put him in. But it's obvious that Arum doesn't believe in his ability but he knows he's a cash cow.

Comment

Jose, Crawford, Loma have their obligations with Top Rank it is really nothing they can do under Arum but take what is offered. If they have an idea for something outside of the stable Arum could easily comeback and say "They're Asking For Too Much Money" "They Don't Want To Fight" and trying to guy them into taking a the in house fight. Hell No Arum wasn't going to let him in that Tournament not out of fear he would lose but because it doesn't absolutely nothing for Top Rank

Mikey Broke down the inner workings at Top Rank, very interesting stuff...

A lot of LIARS in this business and when you leave them they defame your name and accuse you of ducking one of their others stars in order to build him up to replace you. Arum has done this repeatedly Mayweather leaves him "Mayweather Ducked Margarito!", Mikey Leaves him "Mikey Garcia Ducked Gamboa, Mikey Garcia Ducked Crawford!", Pacquiao leaves Arum "Pacquiao Ducked Crawford!" but people will ignore these obvious patterns and pretend like everybody else is the problem and Bob Arum is innocent
          Last edited by sicko; 11-21-2018, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
            Why is Ortiz so hyped? I don't get it, he's the typical prospect blasting out easy pickings. What am I missing with this kid?

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              Vergil a beast but thats not saying much cause Vergil right now ko Regis and hooker too.

Ramirez is that man these boys wanna be so thats why they come at him, they want what ramirez has not the other way around.

and Linares would look good early but will fade and get stopped late. His typical M.O. when the going get tough.

War Ramirez.
              Based off what? Kid is a prospect, those guys would derail his career right now and there's no way they'd even be allowed to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                He's in the Arum protection program. I don't completely believe that he really wanted to be in the tournament. If he really believed in his ability he would ask Arum to put him in and if Arum believed in him, he would put him in. But it's obvious that Arum doesn't believe in his ability but he knows he's a cash cow.
                I don't think he could've convinced them otherwise. They came right out and said they aren't putting him in the tournament because he's already a ticket seller. If they're going to risk him losing to any of those fighters it's going to be on one of their shows and with options on that fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  I don't think he could've convinced them otherwise. They came right out and said they aren't putting him in the tournament because he's already a ticket seller. If they're going to risk him losing to any of those fighters it's going to be on one of their shows and with options on that fighter.

I think the primary reason for Bob not letting him in the tourney is because he is already struggling to fill his ESPN dates. Lending off one of his headlining fighters would just make it worse.

These networks like ESPN, Fox and Showtime want guys labeled as champs headlining their shows.

Comment

Please tell me who the woman in red is.

Comment

Working...
                    X