Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In 5 years time no one will remember GGG.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
    On the other hand you will all know who Hopkins, Mosley, Mayweather, Ray leonard, Holy field, Tyson were because these were great fighters who fought good opposition.

As for this GGG fellow I think he was just a fraud. How could his resume be full of so man tomato cans?
    I don't think this is true. I wouldn't call him a fraud. Those are your expectations. Did you have a goal for him that he didn't measure up to?

He's accomplished a lot with his skillset and overall talent. GGG is not a bum. If anything, he has overachieved and set himself and family for life.

I bet he has more money than all of us, including this site itself! (Not saying money is everything.)

[I'm a critic of GGG but mine is not based on hate, it's mainly on the guy not facing the toughest opposition pre-Canelo. Please don't mention Jacobs. GGG was a machine that wasn't utilized to the fullest. And now it's too late, from a competitive point of view.]

I wish GGG well.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Hopkins his out at 160 and padded his record with no-hopers. Biggest wins were blown up welters. Highly overrated and one of the dirtiest fighters ever. His claim to fame is fighting into an advanced age. All the other fighters you mentioned had big names to elevate their popularity. GGG tied and if wasn’t robbed beat the MW title defense record.
      I personally hardly ever tuned into a Hopkins fight, except for a few times really: Tito, Oscar, Calzaghe. I was a Tito and Calzaghe fan at the time. That's the reason.

Hopkins killed many fans with boredom and dirty tactics.

Comment

lol as long as this forum is around, GGG will be remembered.

He hasn't fought in almost 2 months and there is literally a thread or a post about him every single day.

People on here suffer from what I call Golovkin Derangement syndrome. They cannot contain themselves.

Comment

I think everyone is forgetting he is still a fighter and can make a great legacy for himself in what he does next
          GGG will not be forgotten.
          At least he wont by me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
            lol as long as this forum is around, GGG will be remembered.

He hasn't fought in almost 2 months and there is literally a thread or a post about him every single day.

People on here suffer from what I call Golovkin Derangement syndrome.
            They cannot contain themselves.
            For some, it's cathartic!

Comment

Certainly no fan of his but he won't be forgotten that quick if at all

Ill put my life on it someone makes a thread on here sometime in 2023 titled 'GGG vs Floyd 154 who wins?'

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                I think everyone is forgetting he is still a fighter and can make a great legacy for himself in what he does next
                GGG will not be forgotten.
                At least he wont by me.
                With who? The biggest legacy opportunity for GGG was Canelo but there was no definitive answer there. (Not for me. I don't rate Canelo that highly, but in the minds of some.)

If GGG can beat Usyk at cruiser that would be the miracle. Who else? Charlo? Jacobs? Murata? Brant? This list looks sad for a legacy. How many years does GGG have? He won't be fighting beyond a year max.
                Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 11-06-2018, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                  On the other hand you will all know who Hopkins, Mosley, Mayweather, Ray leonard, Holy field, Tyson were because these were great fighters who fought good opposition.

As for this GGG fellow I think he was just a fraud. How could his resume be full of so man tomato cans?
                  It is good that , at least for today, he is 100% in your mind!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    With who? The biggest legacy opportunity for GGG was Canelo but there was no definitive answer there. (Not for me. I don't rate Canelo that highly, but in the minds of some.)

If GGG can beat Usyk at cruiser that would be the miracle. Who else? Charlo? Jacobs? Murata? Brant? How many years does GGG have? He won't be fighting beyond a year max.
                    Yes To all these fighters.
                    If he fought and grabbed a title you don’t think that would enhance his already good legacy?

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                      Yes To all these fighters.
                      If he fought and grabbed a title you don’t think that would enhance his already good legacy?
                      You serious? Charlo is the best name there. Would Charlo make him a great legacy? Seriously?

Comment

Working...
                      X