Brexit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    Yeah cause the deal sucks.
    What is the main thing that’s wrong with it?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      They tried to.hide the legalities of it and it came out (when the commons forced it) that we cant leave a lot of stuff without the eus approval (which they will never give) and we have to abide by their rules without getting a say in them whilst we pay them 39 billion. We would basically be an eu colony, its ****ing ridiculous although irs never getting through parliament, may cancelled the vote today because of it cause shed lose. Theyve made such a mess of things that i can see a 2nd referendum coming.

Comment

They tried to.hide the legalities of it and it came out (when the commons forced it) that we cant leave a lot of stuff without the eus approval (which they will never give) and we have to abide by their rules without getting a say in them whilst we pay them 39 billion. We would basically be an eu colony, its ****ing ridiculous although irs never getting through parliament, may cancelled the vote today because of it cause shed lose. Theyve made such a mess of things that i can see a 2nd referendum coming.
        So it’s the Irish back stop or?

Comment

The big issue is the border between Rep of Ireland and Northern Ireland. May has a small but important Northern Ireland party that helps form her majority, and they want a hard border. The deal May backed off from basically said well deal with it later but her lawyers said it gave the EU the right to keep the hard border forever.

Comment

How does that happen though? Aren't we meant to have left in like the next few months? And do we really believe the result will be different?

If leave wins again.. do we get another year or two ****ing around? Before we have to have a third referendum lol?

And I personally do not believe most leavers votes will change.. them wanting to leave originally was about sovereignty and free movement.. not the economy.. People were told for months and months a leave vote would hurt the economy.. what's changed since the first referendum

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
              How does that happen though? Aren't we meant to have left in like the next few months? And do we really believe the result will be different?

If leave wins again.. do we get another year or two ****ing around? Before we have to have a third referendum lol?

And I personally do not believe most leavers votes will change.. them wanting to leave originally was about sovereignty and free movement.. not the economy.. People were told for months and months a leave vote would hurt the economy.. what's changed since the first referendum
              Yeah i dont see the result being any different but can still see a 2nd one happening

Comment

I'm danish. Very skeptic of the EU (as is most danes). I want the UK to have as fair a deal as possible. That's my general position.

Now what I don't understand, is that all the leaders of the brexit movement. All those who claimed all kinds of positives (which I personally thought was a hoax told to the british public for whatever reason I couldn't and cannot understand) coming out of brexit, are not a part of the divorce negotiations. I am talking about Farage, Johnson as the highest profiled players.

I mean why aren't they saying what is wrong and why haven't they contributed? As a friend of britain, it looks to me as if the british public got fooled by demagogs who abandoned ship after the referendum.
                Why would a union of some 500 million, give even that close to similar a good deal to a member leaving, as they do it's current members? These a trade agreements the UK originally sought helped particularly setup, knowing the improvements to easy trade with neighbours.

Most key Brexiteers did say leaving would benefit the economy and that trade deals would be quick and easy. Now many say they always thought it'd be difficult and it'll cause some loss to families and the economy but it's worth it. Or some say they could wrangle a great deal if only they were given the chance.

It's utterly embarassing how many they fooled, how clearly they peddled a different story, and others do. Brexiteer friends of mine believed it'd be good for the economy, now not so or blame the UK Government, EU, or both. As if they know better?

It's fascinating psychologically just how few people have been willing to accept being wrong on even direct factual corrections and realities. Even though experts are telling them itll harm there childrens future, people entrench into positions without any factual basis. Genuinely astonishing.

Comment

I voted out. I did it because of immigration really. Would I change my mind in a second vote? Maybe, maybe not. I’m unsure about it all now.

Not a fan of Theresa may at all. She’s so weak as a leader.

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post

The UK imported as many non EU immigrants for years, as they did EU immigrants. EU immigrants put more into the economy than is average. The UK had full control over non EU migration yet kept it the same levels as EU migration. Labour chose not to postpone new joining EU countries free movement when most countries chose to limit it. The UK chose not to implement stronger rules around EU nationals not being able to settle beyond 3 months without a job and be returned home.

Facts I'm fully confident and there's been much public debate exposing, most didn't know and assumed wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      It is fairweather politics.

Corbyn is the biggest brexiteer in the game and McDonnell wants to nationalise everything. Can’t do any of that with Brussels sticking their snout in
                      In case Corbyn comes to power and wants to subsidize british companies, he can kiss any trade-deal with the EU and access to the inner market goodbye.

Comment

Working...
                      X