Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Hunter is one of my new favourite fighters...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was really hoping to see Hunter vs Takam on the 22nd card. If Hunter can get an easy fight for that USBA title in early 2019 I hope he takes it and then moves on. I still think a rematch with Usyk, for his first fight at HW would serve a good purpose for both guys

Comment

I remember Hunter winning like 4 rounds against Usyk, took the first three then one of the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        There is a couple more rounds if I have not mistaken so that wouldn't be anytime soon plus he has 2 regional belts already with the IBO & WBA so he is already in their top 15. He is gunning for the IBF regional USBA title his father once held so if he goes that route he would fight for the vacant belt against Zhelei, Kauffman, Hanks, Alfonso or Fedosov who are all rated in the USBA top 6 including himself at #2. If he wins that title he is in the IBF top 15 as well. I got no problems with him going the regional belt route to gain experience against C+ level opponents or other prospects.
        He should fight guys at heavy until the tournament is over

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          He should fight guys at heavy until the tournament is over
          I agree but if he scores a few more big wins & moves up the rankings why would he go back down? Both Chris Byrd & Eddie Chambers tried it & they lost. Roy Jones (Only 1 fight) was never the same after the John Ruiz fight. Plenty of CWs have moved up & had success at HW but name one that went from HW to CW & had success...

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            Was really hoping to see Hunter vs Takam on the 22nd card. If Hunter can get an easy fight for that USBA title in early 2019 I hope he takes it and then moves on. I still think a rematch with Usyk, for his first fight at HW would serve a good purpose for both guys
            I wouldn't mind seeing him fight for the USBA title & maybe defend it once or twice. A few more fights at HW would do him good. Fedosov & Kauffman would be my choices but Zhelei is the USBA #1 so he could be in the mix too. As for Usyk that might slow down his momentum because I'm not sure if he could beat him at this point.

Comment

I agree but if he scores a few more big wins & moves up the rankings why would he go back down? Both Chris Byrd & Eddie Chambers tried it & they lost. Roy Jones (Only 1 fight) was never the same after the John Ruiz fight. Plenty of CWs have moved up & had success at HW but name one that went from HW to CW & had success...
              Because his stamina sucks and he's carrying extra weight that is only fat

Comment

He's already beat a few decent HWs. He might as well see how far he can go. No money in the CW division outside Europe.

LOL... Decent ? Past Usyk (against who he was frankly embarrassed) all his opponents have been a little "shady" to say the least...

Comment

He's had a good 2018 for himself. Prepared to step in late and he's got his rewards from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
                    LOL... Decent ? Past Usyk (against who he was frankly embarrassed) all his opponents have been a little "shady" to say the least...
                    Kiladze been in with Joyce & Kownacki & Hunter did very well to stop him in 5 like Joyce. Bakole is just a prospect but he was highly regarded until Hunter ko’d him & Ustinov was coming of a WBA regular title fight. Bakole & Ustinov brought Hunter in as an opponent they were supposed to beat. I don’t consider anything shady as I’m not one of these guys that thinks everyone is a bum after a couple losses. I don’t judge fighters looking at boxingrec. I actually take the time to watch all levels of HWs. Not just the name guys. I watch all HW fighters rather they are contenders or trialhorses.
                    Last edited by joe strong; 12-07-2018, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X