Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Hunter is one of my new favourite fighters...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    I agree with you but he did say he wanted to win the USBA title because his late father held that belt when he was a kid. It has meaning to him. That being said he filled in for Zhang Zhelei against Ustinov. The USBA belt is vacant with Hunter as the #2 ranked fighter with Zhelei being the USBA #1. Kauffman #3, Hanks #4, Alonso #5, Fedosov #6, Niall Kennedy #7, Chazz Witherspoon #8, Jermaine Franklin #9, Dawejko #10, Forrest, Corbin, Karpency, LaRon Mitchell & Nofire filling out the USBA 11-15. I suspect it will be one of those guys fighting Hunter for the vacant USBA belt if he chooses to go that route first. Hunter vs Zhelei for the USBA strap early next year? I would think a few more fights against a few of these USBA top 15 wouldn't be a bad idea before taking on a legit top 20 HW like Takam. A fight with Kauffman, Fedosov or Zhelei would be a good next step.
    Why did Zhilei drop out anyway, I missed the reason for that?
    Kaufman has been chatting up his options after his loss to Ortiz....
    If Hunter can get one or both of these that would be good, but he shouldn't bother with the rest before chasing Takam or any of the other mid-level contenders I mentioned previously. I rate Hunter highly enough at HW where I'd place him somewhere in top 20-30 already.

Comment

not to be nitpicky but he had more than 7 days for bakolie the fight was announced well over a month or 2 in advance.
      Adamsc151 he was denied a visa
      Last edited by mlac; 12-06-2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
        Why did Zhilei drop out anyway, I missed the reason for that?
        Kaufman has been chatting up his options after his loss to Ortiz....
        If Hunter can get one or both of these that would be good, but he shouldn't bother with the rest before chasing Takam or any of the other mid-level contenders I mentioned previously. I rate Hunter highly enough at HW where I'd place him somewhere in top 20-30 already.
        Boxing rec has him at #20 already. Kiladze, Bakole & Ustinov is not a bad 3 or 4 months work. Not sure why Zhelei dropped out. I think Hunter would only take 1 or 2 fights against mid level fighters. Kauffman, Fedosov or Zhelei would my choices. I wouldn't care if he jumped right to Takam but I think getting in some more rounds against a couple of the names listed above would do him good. He could have 2 of those fights done by summer.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          not to be nitpicky but he had more than 7 days for bakolie the fight was announced well over a month or 2 in advance.
          Maybe I was wrong I thought he filled in for someone else. I have the fight. I thought it was mentioned during the telecast. Whatever the case he still was brought in as an opponent for Bakole.

Comment

Yes you are correct on both quotes. The fight was signed Sept 14 giving him 4 weeks to train. Thanks for the correction & Zhelei was denied a visa. I watched it last night & it was mentioned on the telecast in Monaco.

Comment

Bloody hell, you'd think they'd have that sort of thing sorted well in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                He's the current giant slayer until Usyk comes in. I wanna see that rematch at heavy.
                Hunter never wants a rematch. He took an absolute beating in that fight. Can't believe the ref didn't stop it in the 12th when Usyk was relentlessly hitting him and Hunter was falling on the ropes and moving around like he'd had 20 beers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
                  Hunter never wants a rematch. He took an absolute beating in that fight. Can't believe the ref didn't stop it in the 12th when Usyk was relentlessly hitting him and Hunter was falling on the ropes and moving around like he'd had 20 beers.
                  I think Usyk has bigger fish to fry & is looking for Joshua.

Comment

Damn fine fighter but undersized for HW I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      Damn fine fighter but undersized for HW I think.
                      Yeah 213 for Ustinov but he kicked his ass!!!!! He gave up 40lbs to Bakole & took his best shots & scored the late KO. Bakole is a prospect & Ustinov is 41 so I do take that into consideration but so far so good.

Comment

Working...
                      X