Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Drops Juan Carlos Abreu Three Times, Stops Him in Six

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
    This would be the right step up for him.
    I think he wastes Porter.
    Lol. I hope it happens. He stands good wins to win stoppage or not, if he has the workrate. He’s massive.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWalrus View Post
      Well done boots! The line to fight boots will be empty.
      Best thing Boots has going for himself is the fact that he has 26 professional fights already at only 23 years old so it won't be long before he's mandatory for these belts so it's gonna be some pressure for these welterweights at the top of the food chain who are all 30+ and smaller than boots physically...

Worst thing is actually time for Boots and how long he can stay at 147 because I doubt if he can stay a "healthy" 147 for more than a couple years before his punch resistance at this weight starts to get shaky....Boots is dam near 5'11 looks a bit taller than Spence imo

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
        Best thing Boots has going for himself is the fact that he has 26 professional fights already at only 23 years old so it won't be long before he's mandatory for these belts so it's gonna be some pressure for these welterweights at the top of the food chain who are all 30+ and smaller than boots physically...

Worst thing is actually time for Boots and how long he can stay at 147 because I doubt if he can stay a "healthy" 147 for more than a couple years before his punch resistance at this weight starts to get shaky....Boots is dam near 5'11 looks a bit taller than Spence imo
        Yeah, he is a big 147 for sure. Eager for the day he is made mandatory.

Comment

That was a good performance. Wouldn't put him in with Crawford or Spence yet but ready for anybody else

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
            Boots & Ellis are both easy work for Vergil don’t think for a second either of them are @ Ortiz level. While Boots was impressive tonight it was against a C level fighter, wouldn’t mind Ellis against Boots though should be a fun while it last.
            I totally disagree! I like Vergil, but I haven't seen anything from him that looks like he's better than Boots! Boots has the entire tool box! Oscar knows better than to "voluntarily" place Vergil in the ring with Boots! He (Oscar) should get the WBA to make Ortiz placed as Pacquiao's mandatory! I think Ortiz has a better chance to beat Pacquiao than Boots Ennis, Terence Crawford, or Errol Spence!

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
              Boots & Ellis are both easy work for Vergil don’t think for a second either of them are @ Ortiz level. While Boots was impressive tonight it was against a C level fighter, wouldn’t mind Ellis against Boots though should be a fun while it last.
              Vergil Ortiz watch his own work too much, he's good prospect but he kinda basic and his defense sucks. Good power but people acting he's a mexican Tommy Hearns at welterweight. And they all need to step up in opposition, Ennis fights Maurice Hooker Luis Collazo or Josesito Lopez next and Ortiz fight David Avanesyan, Custio Clayton or Abel Ramos.
              Last edited by Simple-Touche; 09-20-2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                I totally disagree! I like Vergil, but I haven't seen anything from him that looks like he's better than Boots! Boots has the entire tool box! Oscar knows better than to "voluntarily" place Vergil in the ring with Boots! He (Oscar) should get the WBA to make Ortiz placed as Pacquiao's mandatory! I think Ortiz has a better chance to beat Pacquiao than Boots Ennis, Terence Crawford, or Errol Spence!
                Based off of what???

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  He should be Top 5 in every ABC ranking! WWs are in danger!
                  because he beat another bum?

Comment

Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post
                    Based off of what???
                    Are you questioning Ennis vs. Ortiz, or Pacquiao vs. Ortiz?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                      because he beat another bum?
                      Ismail Madrimov (6-0), WBA #1 @ 154. Tugstogt Nyambayar (12-1), now qualified fir his "2nd" title shot! He had his "1st" WBC title fight with GRJ when he was 11-0! Sergey Lipinets (16-1), IBF #3, facing IBF #1 in an elimnator to become Spence's mandatory! Mario Barrios (25-0), WBA Champion! Batyr Akhmedov (8-1), already had a WBA title fight with Barrios when he was 8-0!

So if these guys can be rated so highly, when they had not faced any top competition, then surely Jaron "Boots" Ennis (26-0 w/ 24 KOs) should be a Top 5 WW!

Comment

Working...
                      X