No announcement yet.

Chicago Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    Every lounge member who appalls crime should be in here sharing their disgust !!!

The usual suspects are curiously absent.....
    Agendas, my friend.

Since rappers promote gun violence, drug trafficking and other criminal activities, why arent more people sitting down to discuss a solution and fix the issues? Said issues are rampant in our minority neighborhoods.

In the same fashion we discuss mass shootings committed by white folks, we need to discuss the alarming murder rates in the latino and black communities.

Like I said in another thread, these issues are deep rooted. But we need to take a step back and see things for what they truly are, and not what best fits our individual narratives.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
      Agendas, my friend.

Since rappers promote gun violence, drug trafficking and other criminal activities, why arent more people sitting down to discuss a solution and fix the issues? Said issues are rampant in our minority neighborhoods.

In the same fashion we discuss mass shootings committed by white folks, we need to discuss the alarming murder rates in the latino and black communities.

Like I said in another thread, these issues are deep rooted. But we need to take a step back and see things for what they truly are, and not what best fits our individual narratives.
      And rappers are the epitome of racists....even towards their own people !!!

Some people can see all things for what they are. Others need shlt to distract them.

Comment

I get the feeling that this thread was created under a guise of what is being proclaimed.

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
        The more attention this gets, the more of an urge that will arise to do something about it.

What do you really think documenting every shooting in Chicago here is going to help?

You are trying to provoke an urge for all of us to do what exactly? What's the plan?

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
          I get the feeling that this thread was created under a guise of what is being proclaimed.

What do you really think documenting every shooting in Chicago here is going to help?

You are trying to provoke an urge for all of us to do what exactly? What's the plan?
          The more people that know about this, the more people will talk about it and think of changes that need to be made. A lot of people outside of Chicago don't know about all of this. I don't either. So it will be a good learning experience for all. Murders happen in all cities but Chicago ranks up there very highly. Why not bring attention to this problem?

Comment

The more people that know about this, the more people will talk about it and think of changes that need to be made. A lot of people outside of Chicago don't know about all of this. I don't either. So it will be a good learning experience for all. Murders happen in all cities but Chicago ranks up there very highly. Why not bring attention to this problem?
            I think we have brought attention to this problem. In fact, every time there is a mass shooting, we are reminded of this problem. A lot.

Why do you think Chicago is one of the top discussions on this board currently. Your thread is just adding to at least one if not 2 others about Chicago.

But what would you like for us to do? To learn about it, talk about it, and say, "Damn, that's terrible." Then what?

Comment

This has been brought up recently and well, there's always new murders in Chicago. So, I thought I'd start this thread, documenting the problem there. The more attention this gets, the more of an urge that will arise to do something about it.

56 people were shot in Chicago over the weekend, including four fatally

Fifty-six people were shot in Chicago over the weekend, including four fatally, according to the Chicago Sun Times. This is the second time in the last month that at least 50 people in Chicago were injured by gun violence in the same weekend and comes right before the Fourth of July holiday, which saw more than 100 people shot in the city two summers ago.

According to the Chicago Sun Times, one person was killed and 20 people were injured in the first 12 hours of the weekend that began on Friday at 5 p.m and ended on Saturday at 5 a.m. One man was reportedly killed by an 18-year-old who shot him during an argument and ran off; another man, 32-year-old Andre Lyons, was killed killed on the sidewalk after an unknown person unleashed gunfire on the area; an unidentified man was found shot to death in East Garfield Park at dawn on Saturday.

Another victim was 17-year-old Jarise Baker. CBS Chicago reports Baker and his girlfriend were walking home shortly after midnight when a car passed by and shot them both. Baker was shot six times in the chest and upper body, while his girlfriend was wounded in the arm. Baker's family told CBS Chicago he was not involved in gangs or drugs.

This growth in gun violence comes at the same time that Chicago Police announced that shootings in the city have hit a four-year low. According to recent crime statistics released to CBS Chicago, 1,229 people have been shot in Chicago, about 100 fewer than the first six months of 2018, and the lowest total since 2015. Police also said there have been 236 murders through the end of June, 21 fewer than the same time period last year.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chicago...d-four-killed/
              Thank you for creating this thread. Not a lot of television news coverage about Chicago.

We have posters who claim black neighborhoods are over policed and they wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                I think we have brought attention to this problem. In fact, every time there is a mass shooting, we are reminded of this problem. A lot.

Why do you think Chicago is one of the top discussions on this board currently. Your thread is just adding to at least one if not 2 others about Chicago.

But what would you like for us to do? To learn about it, talk about it, and say, "Damn, that's terrible." Then what?
                I'm not asking for you to do anything, travesty. Haha. If you don't like the thread or agree with it, you don't have to be on here, man. The more anything is talked about, the more it becomes known which spurns people into action. I don't expect anybody on here to do anything but it's good to be informed.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel Osteen View Post
                  Thank you for creating this thread. Not a lot of television news coverage about Chicago.

We have posters who claim black neighborhoods are over policed and they wonder why?
                  Sure thing and yes, these black neighborhoods are hurting every day from these crimes. It's mainly black people dying over this. Every city has murders but Chicago has been out of control for decades. It's time to stop.

Comment

What are we ''to do'' about any thread, I wonder...........

This question isn't asked of it's readers too often

Comment

It's only like certain parts of chicago too I heard. Just can't go to the wrong side of town.

Comment

Working...
                      X