No announcement yet.

Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    You have to talk about the administrative side of it because all the ramifications to it. And maybe you're intentionally ducking the question.

Lemme ask you: do you think blacks who don't have slave descendants should have to pay reparations to other blacks who did have slave descendants?
    We wont be going house to house forcing people to pay. The state and people who assets are tied to slavery will have to pay. Not every commoners on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      We are focusing on assets. i don't see anyone asking for the relatives of former en-slavers to be arrested.
      Aight just get killer’s siblings houses and assets and give it to the sibbling of the slave that was killed?

Comment

We wont be going house to house forcing people to pay. The state and people who assets are tied to slavery will have to pay. Not every commoners on the street.
        This post is laughable. The government is mostly funded by tax revenues. If the U.S. government is funding reparations, those funds have been generated via tax revenues.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
          Aight just get killer’s siblings houses and assets and give it to the sibbling of the slave that was killed?
          if those assets were gained from money from slavery.

Comment

This post is laughable. The government is mostly funded by tax revenues. If the U.S. government is funding reparations, those funds have been generated via tax revenues.
            How else can a government get money?

They can also borrow it too.

So it's either through tax revenue or borrowing.

And?

Comment

How else can a government get money?

They can also borrow it too.

So it's either through tax revenue or borrowing.

And?
              You’re trolling me by feigning ignorance.

Comment

You’re trolling me by feigning ignorance.
                What am i ignorant about?

Comment

if those assets were gained from money from slavery.
                  Oh i see so its siblings A vs siblings B should siblings C suffer aswel coz siblings C happen to look the same as siblings A?

Comment

What am i ignorant about?
                    “The government can generate funds via borrowing” to pay for reparations. The borrowings (and interest) have to be paid back by taxes.

The problem with politicians like Harris and Booker who support reparations- is that they are empty promises being made to score political points.

If they want reparations let’s open it up to debate on the senate floor, let’s here some proposals, tell me how many money each person will get.

They won’t do it because it’s only a philosophical debate not grounded in reality.

Comment

“The government can generate funds via borrowing” to pay for reparations. The borrowings (and interest) have to be paid back by taxes.

The problem with politicians like Harris and Booker who support reparations- is that they are empty promises being made to score political points.

If they want reparations let’s open it up to debate on the senate floor, let’s here some proposals, tell me how many money each person will get.

They won’t do it because it’s only a philosophical debate not grounded in reality.
                      i have worked that out either so more debate and suggestions are needed and know that folks in the mainstream are talking about it, we will see more discussions. Elizabeth Warren is for it too. Bernie isn't for it. it will be a hard sell in a majority white country because there is nothing in it for whites, so they will either vote against it or ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                      X