No announcement yet.

I'm so envious of first-time watchers of The Wire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 2 was ehh..

Seasons 1 and 3 were the best by far with season 4 being a very close third..

and season 5 was pretty predictable..but still great!!...

overall it's the only series I've ever watched and it's the only one that kept me watching..the best tv series ever..snoop and chris were beasts!..but Stringer Bell was that dude..he had the perfect plan on how to run a business from the streets to the corporate world..too bad Omar's gay ass....nevermind...no more spoilers!..lmao!..

if you haven't yet BUY IT AND WATCH IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
      One of the greatest shows ever. I wish I knew how to spit like Bodie.

at people texting and calling me at work.

"Oh ****, Stringer told Avon!!!!!"
      I started to watch it once.

Comment

I was looking for this thread earlier when I made my thread so Ill just put it in here

Its funny because we just had this thread yesterday and sure enough I just went to the store and in the isle reading magazines was Ganghis, aka Big G, aka Slim Charles from The Wire. We chopped it up a bit about some music things from back in the day. I also told him about this site and how we were just talking about the show yesterday. I was trying to think of the talkshoe number but I didnt know the **** by heart. Anyways, he was cool like always. Aint nothing Hollywood about that cat. He's straight from the streets but we just chopped it up some and went on our way.

Here he is for those who dont rememeber which one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOh6pCEoDLQ

Comment

shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeet

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post

shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeet
            whats my man's name on the bottom left? Kitzpatrick or something? I always get him and the dude from D.C. mixed up. Both look just alike and got into trouble. The dude from Detroit was a pimp though, lol

Comment

Defo one of the best shows ever, infact it is the best cop show ever.

Omar is the man. I love Sopranos, Damages, 6 feet under, so on an so on, but i belive the Wire has the best characters out of them all.

On a side note, The Wire really has some amount of outstanding african american actors in it.

Comment

Couldn't agree more with TS. This show was phenomenal. Even Season 5, which was kinda weak, is still better than most TV shows I've seen.

A couple friends always used to bug me about watching The Wire while it was on, but never did while it was on air. Finally started watching all the episodes last year On Demand and got hooked from the get go, watching it every day and then fiending for HBO to change it up to the next season. (Somehow I avoided all spoilers.)

As good as the Sopranos was, The Wire was just more realistic, IMO. The Wire had so many great characters, they could have spun off a bunch of shows and I would have watched them all.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  I go to Bmore like 2-3 times per week so that was an added boost for me as I also have seen alot of the characters up close in clubs or in music with Slim Charles. My moms also use to work at the Boy's Village Center that they always show on there where they send the minors when they get in trouble. She was a counsler. My man use to work with my brother and he was from Bmore. I use to always tell him that he looks and reminds me of Stringer. He was a real cool an outgoing cat then out the blue his whole attitude switch and he was quiet and standoffish. Next thing I knew they found him down Florida hiding in a garbage can and the reason he was there was because he killed this girl in Bmore, cut off her finger tips, and set the apartment on fire. Real talk. I ****ed wit dude and its sad to see him go out like that. Cats just throwing there life away
                  Where do you live? I'm closer to DC but usually hang out in Baltimore

Comment

Originally posted by Billolden View Post
                    Where do you live? I'm closer to DC but usually hang out in Baltimore
                    Im in PG. Did you see above where I ran into Big G last night?

Comment

Hands down the greatest series I've ever watched.

Just as people still read Dickens today, the Wire will be watched for generations.

Just an example of superb writing and characterisation.

Slim Charles- 'Game's the same, just got more fierce.'

Comment

Working...
                      X