No announcement yet.

How do you do that back fist jab?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you do that back fist jab?

Not like ali where it had no power but like larry holmes where it was like a backfist but also stiff like the most basic beginners straight arm jabs

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Not like ali where it had no power but like larry holmes where it was like a backfist but also stiff like the most basic beginners straight arm jabs
    I always thought it was borderline illegal?

Comment

Backfists are illegal. Maybe you're talking about a jab where the elbow starts somewhat extended. Because you can't put much momentum from your arm into it, you gotta use your feet instead for the thrust and power. Good shoulders help too.
      Ali did it to stick and move, to keep that fist in their face, because it's not all that powerful and it keeps you exposed. If someone has a reach advantage on you, you can get fuked up doing that stuff so be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        I always thought it was borderline illegal?
        It is but its not a pure back fist its something the refs totally tolerate, Hammed used it too (like ali) no ref gives a damn, I think it does pretty much connect with the front of the glove or on the edge even if the mechanics are very back fist like so maybe thats why its allowed.
        Last edited by AlexKid; 10-07-2018, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Backfists are illegal. Maybe you're talking about a jab where the elbow starts somewhat extended. Because you can't put much momentum from your arm into it, you gotta use your feet instead for the thrust and power. Good shoulders help too.
          Ali did it to stick and move, to keep that fist in their face, because it's not all that powerful and it keeps you exposed. If someone has a reach advantage on you, you can get fuked up doing that stuff so be careful.
          Noob corner is over there

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
            Noob corner is over there
            You still butthurt fat boy?
            If you're gonna pretend that you box, probably a good idea to listen once in a while. You won't get bullied as much.

Comment

Backfist? I think you meant UP Jab, the one that Emile Griffith or Ali uses.

Comment

Working...
              X