No announcement yet.

How do you beat a pressure fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
    Thanks for all these advice guys. Will practice these points especially the pivoting
    Check hooks especially, see Floyd vs Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by escudo View Post
      Check hooks especially, see Floyd vs Hatton.
      The problem is I'm a southpaw.

Comment

The problem is I'm a southpaw.
        Practice the straight left to the body, if you can land it solid at the solar plexus, you'll likely take the pressure fighter's heart.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
          Try this to break the code:

Front stroke?

Comment

biggest physical advantage against pressure is height. it's also what most frequently makes pressure necessary.

if you're tall you can stay out of range, and when you're not out of range you can tie somebody up a hell of a lot easier and tax their energy by making them carry you.

if it's not in your best interest to fight tall [IE if you're being pressured by somebody who is taller,] you can make them back up. it's not typical for a taller fighter to come forward and apply pressure, so it's often the case that they don't fight well in other ways. might be slow, etc. think antonio margarito. shane mosley used his handspeed and took advantage of margarito's openness, and tried to take his head off. it was there to be taken off! so don't do what cotto did and run to the ropes and panic throw your combinations without room to make an exit, do what shane did and take the fight to the pressure fighter and puncher!

good luck!

Comment

you must make them respect you. one way to do this is to be evasive and to counter well (i.e. 'time' them)

or you can simply pressure them right back, as ^New England^ says, "take the fight to the pressure fighter" ...come-forward fighters can tend to fold if they are put on the back-foot themselves (!)

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                biggest physical advantage against pressure is height. it's also what most frequently makes pressure necessary.

if you're tall you can stay out of range, and when you're not out of range you can tie somebody up a hell of a lot easier and tax their energy by making them carry you.

if it's not in your best interest to fight tall [IE if you're being pressured by somebody who is taller,] you can make them back up. it's not typical for a taller fighter to come forward and apply pressure, so it's often the case that they don't fight well in other ways. might be slow, etc. think antonio margarito. shane mosley used his handspeed and took advantage of margarito's openness, and tried to take his head off. it was there to be taken off! so don't do what cotto did and run to the ropes and panic throw your combinations without room to make an exit, do what shane did and take the fight to the pressure fighter and puncher!

good luck!
                I'll rewatch that Mosley and Margarito fight

Comment

I'm the type of boxer/fighter who is very composed, and analyze things first, study body languages, before making my moves and apply my techniques.

My concern right now is, how should I handle a pressure fighter, where in when the opening bell rings, he rushes straight forward, with full aggression, trying to knock me out. How are you going to beat someone like that?

I want to just spam first my jabs, and slip some counter punches, evade, bob and weave, and other defensive tactics, until he starts to gas and calm down. Would that even work?
                  check hook his ass and sending flying into the corner Hatton style.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                    check hook his ass and sending flying into the corner Hatton style.

advice from a casual, this^. this is the training section, it's not NSB. don't get somebody rocked by a punch because you don't know what the f#ck you are talking about. you don't want to be anywhere near a f#cking corner, nevermind trying to lead somebody into it by backing up! that's floyd f#cking mayweather, and you ain't him guy!

this is exactly what you don't want to do; wait for the perfect punch and back up. what you end up doing is just backing up . by the time that perfect punch is there you'll have lost on the cards or gotten your ass kicked so bad to the body it won't f#cking matter!

sheesh! i hope you were joking!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      advice from a casual, this^. this is the training section, it's not NSB. don't get somebody rocked by a punch because you don't know what the f#ck you are talking about. you don't want to be anywhere near a f#cking corner, nevermind trying to lead somebody into it by backing up! that's floyd f#cking mayweather, and you ain't him guy!

this is exactly what you don't want to do; wait for the perfect punch and back up. what you end up doing is just backing up . by the time that perfect punch is there you'll have lost on the cards or gotten your ass kicked so bad to the body it won't f#cking matter!

sheesh! i hope you were joking!
                      You fools are the type to have no hustle. Taking everything verbatim don't know how to put your own twist on it. the keyword and knowledge I dropped was "CHECK HOOK" now its on him to go learn about it but I'll share some great traits of the "CHECK HOOK". A check hook is a perfect way to handle a bulldozing rushing in opponent. Check hook is not an advanced move or something, its basic fundamental boxing. A few check hooks into a charging idiot will calm his shit right down.

You do know the check hook is more about the pivot than the actual hook right? Its an evasive move moreso an offensive move.

A check hook can be used anywhere in the square circle to get off the line and reset the action, its the ultimate defensive move.

so Pssh go up your boxing IQ before you try to correct me lil boy.
                      Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 10-03-2018, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X