Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Wilder-Fury make more revenue then Joshua-Povetkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    Nope not even close Joshua is selling out stadiums
    gotta look at ticket prices tho and the cost of ppv..Joshuas ppv's are 19.95

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      what are your thoughts?
      I think it will do very well and make lots of money for everybody. I think AJ's fight will probably make even more money. AJ seems to be a huge money maker in the UK.

Comment

After Fury's snooze fest last weekend, people are not going to tune in. Not like Americans knew him anyway, mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by Falkano View Post
          Really?

Wembley will be 90000 people. Cheapest ticket is $70.
          AJ's last fight had over 1m buys in the UK.

Wilder has not been on PPV so can't guess how many buys it will do.
          If it is at the t mobile its maximum capacity is 20000.

Unless ppv buys are huge there is zero chance of it making more than Aj's next fight. The gate receipts on their own? Get real.
          Klitschko vs Joshua’s live gate was 8 million euro for 90,0000 people. I’m sure they charged more for that fight. To put things in perspective Canelo vs Golovkin made over $27 million live gate with only 17,000 people. I am obviously speculating. Of course. Just English boxing seems more reasonable. US boxing is quite ridiculously priced

Comment

obviously yes, way more. you got usa ppv

not even close

Comment

Really?

Unless ppv buys are huge there is zero chance of it making more than Aj's next fight. The gate receipts on their own? Get real.
              90k for AJ v Wlad and the gate was 1/3 of Canelo v GGG I think the total revenue for that fight was less than the gate at Vegas Canelo fight

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                90k for AJ v Wlad and the gate was 1/3 of Canelo v GGG I think the total revenue for that fight was less than the gate at Vegas Canelo fight
                Total revenue for AJ vs. Wlad was $54 million.

Comment

Really?

Actually cheapest is around 40 pounds I looked up tickest when they came out. They sell a lot of cheap tickets between 40 to 100 pounds. That is the more than half of the attendance. There's are far less floor seats and premium seats. Wilders/Fury tickets in Vegas will cost more than AJ tickets. Even if they sell 300k PPVs that's more than 20 million in revenue. AJ would have to sell 1 M PPVs in the UK to equal the US PPV revenue. Fury/Wilder could easily do over 50 million. No way AJ/Povetkin does that

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
                    No it wasn't

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
                      That's not that impressive. Especially when u factor in that they fought infront of 90k people and sold over 1.5 million UKPPVs.

Wilder/Fury could fight in a 16-20k arena and sell 300k US PPVs, plus UK tv rights and do about the same numbers.

But AJ sells 90k seat! But AJ sells millions of UK PPVs! AJ fans are delusional

Comment

Working...
                      X