No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev-Callum Johnson is Done For October 6, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane1091 View Post
    Lol makes sense, but imo this isn't Wilder vs AJ where you need time to marinate should have been on sky.
    I dont think the moneys there in the UK for the fight. Hearn's saying he wants to do a deal with Beterbievs promoters to feature him on the DAZN cards, think hes proposing the same to Bivols promoters, possibly with a view to matching them.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      I dont think the moneys there in the UK for the fight. Hearn's saying he wants to do a deal with Beterbievs promoters to feature him on the DAZN cards, think hes proposing the same to Bivols promoters, possibly with a view to matching them.
      I really hope he signs with Hearn and set up a possible fight with Bivol that would be something..but Beterbiev needs to stay busy

Comment

Sounds like this will be on the undercard of a show in Chicago on DAZN!

Comment

With the light heavies being in a fairly healthy state, it's amazing that Johnson gets a shot right now. I like him he's good fighter with plenty pop but my god he's had one notable win against Frank 'Baloney' Buglioni. I wouldn't say Buglioni is garbage but come on. 3 fights ago Johnson was in with the mighty Norbert Szekeres (W18 L49). Wtf?
          Last edited by Marvlus Marv; 06-26-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
            With the light heavies being in a fairly healthy state, it's amazing that Johnson gets a shot right now. I like him he's good fighter with plenty pop but my god he's had one notable win against Frank 'Baloney' Buglioni. I wouldn't say Buglioni is garbage but come on. 3 fights ago Johnson was in with the mighty Norbert Szekeres (W18 L49). Wtf?
            Everyone from the IBF mandatory list refused to fight Beterbiev only Johnson had the balls to agree..IBF had no choice and either did Beterbiev he had to defend and it wasn't possible to get a unification fight due to his promotion issues.

Comment

Good on him for taking a fight others like Yarde refused. Lions in the camp of Johnson i guess now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                You have one post, it was to quote me. I don't like talking to alts, cowardly bunch.
                Im new to forum, you got caught out though, typical american claiming fighters as your own lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Artur Beterbiev is an accomplish amature, won a world title in twelve pro fights in the great U.S.A ; whilst this local British level scrub Callum Johnson has never even fought outside the UK and shouldn't even be challenging for the IBF : if it wasn't for coward Anthony Yarde and Sergay Kovalev passing on a fight with Beterbiev no way this bum gets to this level.
                  I'm not saying he's going to beat beterbiev but he's KO'd buglioni in 1 round and won a commonwealth gold in 2010!

Got no issue with you bringing up Kovalev but bringing up Yarde is just hypocritical.
                  Has yarde ever fought outside the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
                    I'm not saying he's going to beat beterbiev but he's KO'd buglioni in 1 round and won a commonwealth gold in 2010!

Got no issue with you bringing up Kovalev but bringing up Yarde is just hypocritical.
                    Has yarde ever fought outside the UK?
                    Who gives a **** about Yarde? he sucks too! and Buglioni?! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!

Comment

Don't get the hate for Johnson like Shane1091 said the IBF went down the rankings and Johnson was the only one to agree to fight Beterbiev.

At least he's got balls unlike the rest.

Is he in over his head? Yes. Does he deserve a world title shot based on his record? No. But he was literally the only fighter willing to fight him, so give him some props instead of running him down.

As usual it's the ****ing yanks, idiots.

Comment

Working...
                      X