No announcement yet.

Questions about the punching bag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the punching bag?

Does doing boxing drills on the punching help increase punching power?

Does it help increase hand speed?

Does it give you most muscles then any other exercise in boxing (besides lifting weights of course, but boxers don't really focus on lifting weights)?

My goals are to gain punching power and a little bit of muscles by using the punching bag so I am curious. Thanks in advance.

Proper technique for more power. Make sure you get this first. Good power punches will use the legs, abs and upper body. To me, it’s like getting your legs set then torquing through the abs and upper body for the punch. If you’ve ever swung a baseball bat properly, I’d say the body torque for that is similar to the right cross for a right handed batter.. point is that the power for the swing is coming from the entire body. The heavy bag is a good place to practice this. Do a variety of exercises for your entire body to increase power and gain some muscle. I’d say speed bag and double end bag are more for hand speed

Comment

Weird questions to ask to Brandon Rios

Comment

Proper technique increases power and speed . You have to learn how to punch using your legs to increase power, learning how to keep your elbows in and that turning at the end of your punch helps you throw straight punches which will help with speed . Also using resistance bands helps with speed and power. Doing bag drills where you punch as fast as you can helps with speed can be done on the bag or focus pads

Comment

Taha93 is the expert on hand speed around here

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post

Go **** yourself Julia. The lounge excepts your bullsheit, not the training section. Go sell your bull somewhere else…….Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 10-06-2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              Go **** yourself Julia. Taha is probably mentally deficient as is his main cheerleader. The lounge excepts your bullsheit, not the training section. Go sell your bull somewhere else…….Rockin'

Taha is actually a software engineer. He's probably a pretty bright guy.

Comment

Taha certainly may be, but it doesn't change the fact that his punch/punches were sheeit slaps.

I would happily except any of those shot with his left hand/jabs, that had nothing on them, just to smash my right hand against my opponents skull...….Rockin'
                Last edited by Rockin'; 10-06-2018, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Generally, being a software engineer and a bright guy would not necessarily be something that I'd look for, or even care about, when building a stable of fighters...……..Rockin'
                  Last edited by Rockin'; 10-06-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Is that Erik Estrada's son ? lol

Comment

Working...
                    X