Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could andre ward be the next adrien broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would anyone ask if a 32 yr old fighter would be the next coming of a 25yr old fighter?

your comparison is stupid because Broner is a thug that smokes weed, commits crimes, doesn't train, and focuses on ghetto **** and rap more than boxing. Ward is a gold medalist, church going, drug free, proven career as a pro, that is focused on his craft unlike Broner.

Frankly, there is no way you could think Ward and Broner have similar career paths if you follow the sport even one iota.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      I honestly can't work out if you're a very good troll or a Shutter Island patient with wifi
      what have i said thats incorrect?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        what have i said thats incorrect?
        Where do I start? There's enough content to write a book on the things you've been wrong about, in this thread alone.

Being physically stronger than somebody doesn't mean you're bigger than them. He made 168 because his body allowed him to, I'm sure he and his team know his body better than bigdramashow from boxingscene, don't you think? Also your idol fought at 165 in the amateurs and turned pro at 160 instead of 168, but let me guess, he's a blown up flyweight?

Ward earned his P4P status, Broner did not. No credible person had Broner in their top 10 P4P at any point.

I just can't wait to see your reaction after Ward schools Kova, although I'll probably be disappointed. You'll just avoid the subject and pretend nothing ever happened, I've seen it time and time again on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          Where do I start? There's enough content to write a book on the things you've been wrong about, in this thread alone.

Being physically stronger than somebody doesn't mean you're bigger than them. He made 168 because his body allowed him to, I'm sure he and his team know his body better than bigdramashow from boxingscene, don't you think? Also your idol fought at 165 in the amateurs and turned pro at 160 instead of 168, but let me guess, he's a blown up flyweight?

Ward earned his P4P status, Broner did not. No credible person had Broner in their top 10 P4P at any point.

I just can't wait to see your reaction after Ward schools Kova, although I'll probably be disappointed. You'll just avoid the subject and pretend nothing ever happened, I've seen it time and time again on this forum.
          it works both ways bro, people are going to go running when ward loses. WIll anyone say, 'fair play, bigdramashow was correct, maybe he does know a bit about boxing...' like **** they will.

Comment

Andre Ward/Adrien Broner in the same sentence=oxyMORON!!! No freaken comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              why would anyone ask if a 32 yr old fighter would be the next coming of a 25yr old fighter?

your comparison is stupid because Broner is a thug that smokes weed, commits crimes, doesn't train, and focuses on ghetto **** and rap more than boxing. Ward is a gold medalist, church going, drug free, proven career as a pro, that is focused on his craft unlike Broner.

Frankly, there is no way you could think Ward and Broner have similar career paths if you follow the sport even one iota.
              yeah im not comparing personalities, although they are both dislikable in different ways. But lets see how ward does at LHW, peoples opinion of him may be very different in a couple of years.

Comment

What is wrong with you, dude?

Andre Ward has already been towards the top of the p4p list and justifiably so unlike Broner who just had "potential". Broner had a Brandon Rios like size advantage on the 35 pounders but he'd have lost to Robert Guerrero, Rios, eventually Mikey and most definitely Crawford. Broner moved up all the way to 47 and still looked solid and bigger than Paulie and the same size as Chino. The truth is he's just really not that good... Ward on the other hand fought big 168ers (yeah, he was pretty huge himself but he didnt miss weight or struggle). Froch ended up north...so did Kessler. He hasn't struggled in the least since...I don't remember when. Broner was a one weight class massive size advantage pony. Like JCC Jr. Broner would have gotten that work had he moved up to just 140 vs Lucas or Danny. Likely wouldnt beat PEDerson, Ruslan, Khan...much less JMM. He'd be on a Mike Alvarado level.

Ward is a gold medal winning..weight class conquering, top 5 p4p boxing stud. Adrien Broner aspires to be Andre Ward when he grows up.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  Andre Ward/Adrien Broner in the same sentence=oxyMORON!!! No freaken comparison.
                  once upon a time, that comparison wouldnt be that stupid. People were comparing broner to mayweather all the time. As i keep saying, hindsight is a great thing

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    yeah im not comparing personalities, although they are both dislikable in different ways. But lets see how ward does at LHW, peoples opinion of him may be very different in a couple of years.
                    You are not making sense. Broner hasn't realized his potential because of the way he lives his life. Ward doesn't have the same problems. Rational adults will not judge both the same when they lose.

Comment

I appreciate your thought process but Ward actually is a somewhat intelligent and very likeable individual. He hasn't wasted his talent and potential. In comparison, Broner is just a street punk who could have been great but went to the dark side. He's devoid of any class and shouldn't be thought of as a professional because he isn't one. Ward is a class act. Broner is just a thug.

Comment

Working...
                      X