Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So now that Povetkin and Wilder is off (at least for now), who is next for Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now that Povetkin and Wilder is off (at least for now), who is next for Wilder?

The rankings have Stiverne up next but I don't think anyone cares to see that fight again, even if Stiverne wasn't 100% in their first fight.

Pulev is next in line after Stiverne but I doubt many people want that either - he isn't very dangerous as he lacks power and durability.

A unification fight with Tyson Fury would be ideal, but of course he has Klitschko first and who knows what he'll do afterward (if he even gets through him a second time). The guy is a loose cannon at the best of times.

I'd actually like to see David Haye as he is a tough fight for anyone, even an aging Haye who has had time off.

If not them then one of the big prospects - Joshua, Ortiz (old AF prospect) or Parker* would all be awesome fights.

*It's still tough to gauge if Parker really is any good, his fight with Takam should hopefully make it clearer.

What do you all think?
    Last edited by Shrap; 05-17-2016, 06:18 AM.

I think Pulev would be a good fight next. He's only lost to Klitschko so thats a good name for Wilder's resume if nothing else. Then once things clear up over the next few weeks & months with future opponents Wilder should be able to score a bigger fight in the fall/winter or maybe more likely, have another fight vs a random ranked guy & then something really big lined up for early 2017 vs Fury or Joshua cuz I suspect Fury will be more HBO oriented & Showtime/Hearn/DiBella or whoever Wilder is effing with will wanna build up Joshua vs Wilder as per usual with boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I think Pulev would be a good fight next. He's only lost to Klitschko so thats a good name for Wilder's resume if nothing else. Then once things clear up over the next few weeks & months with future opponents Wilder should be able to score a bigger fight in the fall/winter or maybe more likely, have another fight vs a random ranked guy & then something really big lined up for early 2017 vs Fury or Joshua cuz I suspect Fury will be more HBO oriented & Showtime/Hearn/DiBella or whoever Wilder is effing with will wanna build up Joshua vs Wilder as per usual with boxing.
      Pulev isn't a bad name to put on the resume but there are way more exciting fights to be made. The Povetkin fight was going to be a war so it'd be good to get something just as action packed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
        Pulev isn't a bad name to put on the resume but there are way more exciting fights to be made. The Povetkin fight was going to be a war so it'd be good to get something just as action packed.
        Who's free thats gonna be exciting?

Looking at the rankings its fairly bleak with Povetkin falling out for the time being.

Bermane II?
        Pulev?
        Andy Ruiz? If TR even plays along with making that fight or Ruiz has got his confidence back or whatever issues he's got going on.
        Jennings? Lost his last two fights. Wilder probably takes a ton of **** for taking this fight.
        Chisora? Coming off a L to Pulev.
        Gerald Washington? Unknown prospect, few to none are hyping much.

Really the only thing that makes sense would be a Bermane rematch or Pulev right now I feel.

Joshua is booked for late June. And now that he's with Showtime I'm assuming Showtime will wanna build their coming fight up more with some early to mid 2017 matchup.

Klitschko vs Fury is booked for early July. So you'd have to set for awhile first off in hopes you could get either guy setup for a late 2016, early 2017 fight. Seems like you'd just wanna fight in the meantime & then look into making something with one of them.

Parker vs Takam is coming up, but its looking like the winner will be Joshua's mandatory & there is probably more money in fighting Joshua than Wilder right now.

Chaegaev has some bs title right now. Supposedly he's fighting Fres Oquendo some time so he's off the table.

Idk whats exciting fight they can make right now.

Comment

Who's free thats gonna be exciting?

Looking at the rankings its fairly bleak with Povetkin falling out for the time being.

Bermane II?
          Pulev?
          Andy Ruiz? If TR even plays along with making that fight or Ruiz has got his confidence back or whatever issues he's got going on.
          Jennings? Lost his last two fights. Wilder probably takes a ton of **** for taking this fight.
          Chisora? Coming off a L to Pulev.
          Gerald Washington? Unknown prospect, few to none are hyping much.

Really the only thing that makes sense would be a Bermane rematch or Pulev right now I feel.

Joshua is booked for late June. And now that he's with Showtime I'm assuming Showtime will wanna build their coming fight up more with some early to mid 2017 matchup.

Klitschko vs Fury is booked for early July. So you'd have to set for awhile first off in hopes you could get either guy setup for a late 2016, early 2017 fight. Seems like you'd just wanna fight in the meantime & then look into making something with one of them.

Parker vs Takam is coming up, but its looking like the winner will be Joshua's mandatory & there is probably more money in fighting Joshua than Wilder right now.

Chaegaev has some bs title right now. Supposedly he's fighting Fres Oquendo some time so he's off the table.

Idk whats exciting fight they can make right now.
          David Haye is fighting this weekend and I'd imagine will be up for a Wilder fight next. That's what I'd like to see.

Comment

David Haye is fighting this weekend and I'd imagine will be up for a Wilder fight next. That's what I'd like to see.
            Oh **** I forget Haye. If Haye is for real & interested sure why not, so Pulev, Haye + Bermane II are the 3 best fights to reasonably make for late July to early September while some bigger, more exciting **** works itself out.

Personally I kinda feel like Haye's just bsing. And it seems like he's got Briggs penciled in for next currently. He's doing a bum of the month comeback or something I think.

Comment

Oh **** I forget Haye. If Haye is for real & interested sure why not, so Pulev, Haye + Bermane II are the 3 best fights to reasonably make for late July to early September while some bigger, more exciting **** works itself out.

Personally I kinda feel like Haye's just bsing. And it seems like he's got Briggs penciled in for next currently. He's doing a bum of the month comeback or something I think.
              The big dilemma for Haye is he can't get Fury and Joshua in the ring with him so I think he'd jump at the opportunity to take Wilder on for a world title.

Comment

I'm fully expecting some cab driver now. This whole thing is bullcrap.

You don't take an "endurance" enhancing supplement near the end of camp, you take it in the beginning. Someone is trying to ensure their fighter keeps his belt a little longer. The sad thing is, Wilder didn't need the "helping hand", he could have beaten Povetkin without Hymen's interference.

Comment

The rankings have Stiverne up next but I don't think anyone cares to see that fight again, even if Stiverne wasn't 100% in their first fight.

Pulev is next in line after Stiverne but I doubt many people want that either - he isn't very dangerous as he lacks power and durability.

A unification fight with Tyson Fury would be ideal, but of course he has Klitschko first and who knows what he'll do afterward (if he even gets through him a second time). The guy is a loose cannon at the best of times.

I'd actually like to see David Haye as he is a tough fight for anyone, even an aging Haye who has had time off.

If not them then one of the big prospects - Joshua, Ortiz (old AF prospect) or Parker* would all be awesome fights.

*It's still tough to gauge if Parker really is any good, his fight with Takam should hopefully make it clearer.

What do you all think?
                  Luis ortiz or erkan teper

Comment

The big dilemma for Haye is he can't get Fury and Joshua in the ring with him so I think he'd jump at the opportunity to take Wilder on for a world title.
                    Idk. I question Haye's balls with the Fury & Klitschko stuff.

Plus look at his HW resume. He was basically not even there vs his best opponent, Klitschko. His best wins are Valuev, Chisora, John Ruiz & probably Monte Barrett. I think Haye is majorly overrated when you quit looking at the killer he looks like & look at what he's done.

That said if Wilder vs Haye got made I'd be curious what that looks like cuz its not like Wilder doesn't have major structural problems & some technical flaws with his boxing that Haye could take advantage of. So it could be the best big fight for Haye to get.

Comment

Working...
                    X