Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is boxing not popular in Spain compared to Latin America?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is boxing not popular in Spain compared to Latin America?

Latin America was colonized by Spain expect for Brazil and a few others but how did boxing became popular in Latin America but not Spain if Spain was the Colonizers ????

Also I have a question does latin america Machismo come from the Spaniards culture or Native Indigenous culture ????

Boxing is popular in both Britain & and most Anglo colonised countries like Australia and South Africa & usa ....so why isn't spain good at boxing if it colonised most of Latin America ???? Hope y'all understand my question...

you need to travel kid. This an unbelievably stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      Spain lacks boxers compared to England....

Comment

Originally posted by Bori Bori View Post
        Spain lacks boxers compared to England....
        If you travel to Spain you'd see that it's not culturally the same as Latin America. They share a few things obviously but they're more like other European countries than Latin American ones.

Comment

Ever hear of futbol?

Comment

It's not actually. I was raised in South America, but also lived in Spain for 3 years, and I couldn't give you a definite answer.
            If you travel to Spain you'd see that it's not culturally the same as Latin America. They share a few things obviously but they're more like other European countries than Latin American ones.
            While that's true, most other European nations are really into boxing, and aren't any less into futbol than the rest of the world. Not buying that excuse.

Originally posted by No Tomorrow View Post
            Ever hear of futbol?
            Futbol is loved just as fervently in neighboring European nations, and almost all of latin america except for the Dominican Republic and PR (because they suck at it, and because of baseball).
            Not a good excuse either.

Honestly, I don't know. When I was in Spain, boxing was pretty bifg honestly, but as a niche sport, like in the USA today. A lack of fighters might have something to do with it, boxing needs more people like me, who don't need to see fighters from a particular place to get involved.
            Last edited by LoadedWraps; 10-23-2015, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Boxing is viewed as barbaric from what I have read. With the economic collapse of the Spanish economy you would think unemployed youth that read the sports section would want to earn what Mayweather, Klitschko and other stars earn but nobody does the sport at the amateur level. I guess that's probably a good thing.....

Comment

I don't know why boxing is not popular in Spain. Latin America has lots of poverty and a good boxer can fight his way out of poverty.

Comment

Why is football not popular in America compared to England who laid its Anglo-Saxon foundations?

Comment

They're super hardcore into politics. I'm telling you, Spaniards(the ones I know and ran into) can talk about politics for days.

Comment

Working...
                    X