Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight RJJ against current heavies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruiz didn't look like a fighter that wanted to hurt Jones. When Jones came in to clinch Ruiz would just submit to it when he should have been using it as a chance to rough him up.

Comment

Delusional ding-bats in this thread. You think a puffed up middleweight would beat David Price and Pulev? Yeah great.
      Last edited by croz; 11-14-2012, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Roy wouldn't even get passed Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
          Delusional ding-bats in this thread. You think a puffed up middleweight would beat David Price and Pulev? Yeah great.
          Prices chin is untested so I guess it's not so silly to argue that.

Sure it's a puffed up middleweight, but its also Roy Jones Jr

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
            Chris Byrd is naturally more or less the same size as Roy, and had a decent amount of success against a better field of heavys a few years ago. He isn't a fraction of the boxer or athlete that Roy was.

Roy would have a field day with this group of contenders, as well as the champ, and score a few KO's along the way.

He would clean the division out

Then collect his schillings

YAW MUSTA FO'GOT!!!!
            Whenever people say Roy wouldn't have been competitive if he had stayed at heavyweight in 2003 it is always Chris Byrd I think of. Byrd made his debut as a Super-Middle but decided very early on in his career to bulk up and go after the big pay days at heavyweight. He is built along the same dimensions as RJJ and he had a good career at heavy, and he didn't have a fraction of the talent of Roy.

I think RJJ made a mistake by going back down to light-heavy when he did. I think going down weight divisions at his age was harder than he anticipated and took years off his competitive career. In 2003 there were plenty of winnable, big-money fights for him. As long as a stayed away from Lennox Lewis he would have been fine. Same thing if he was around (or the 2003 version was around) today, he'd be more than capable of beating anyone except the top guy, Wlad.

Comment

roy with his style is too small for heavyweight division, he would get koed

Comment

Working...
              X