Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise, surprise, Donaire continues to duck Rigo. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phonito Hoenaire is a duck and will always be a duck.

When I saw him at Ward-Dawson and I asked him when he was going to finally fight Rigo he just gave me a nervous laugh and walked away. Me mentioning Rigo's name made him uneasy.

He seems content with fighting the Mathebula's and Nishioka's of the world when there is much more top tier competition he could be yearning for.

And they try to justify Donaire's ducking by saying Rigo is nobody when he is:

1) champion of the world
    2) 2 time Olympic gold medalist
    3) quite possibly the greatest amateur ever
    4) a viable opponent

Stop buying into the hype guys.

Donaire is a slut.

Comment

• Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
      They are Low risk, low reward.
      Rigo = high risk, low reward.

There's a good chance Donaire loses to Rigo, so lets play cause and effect. So if Nonito DID lose against Rigo, that means he gets lowered on the totem poll. When you lose, you don't quite make the same amount of money your next fight. Especially if you lose to someone like Rigo. So how would you like making 50% less on your next few paychecks all because you took a high-risk low-reward choice? Nonito might as well wait it out till someone with a bigger name steps up to Rigo and loses before Rigo earns a shot.
      And there enlies the real reason - which is why his post interview statement sounded like...... bull****. I know he's not gonna come out and say some stupid **** like "Well I could lose and **** up my $$$$". But the way he said it just made him sound ridiculous, because the last few fighters we've seen him against haven't exactly been 'exciting, big money, gotta see' guys.

Comment

• lol talking about the resume of rigo in the olympics.

this is professional boxing and not amateur boxing.

who has Rigo beat? Ramos? Don't make me laugh.

who has Donaire beat? World champions, undefeated fighters, P4P caliber boxers. He didn't beat prospects and nobodys.

You can rant on Donaire ducking Rigo all you want, but the fact is Rigo is not in the same level as Donaire. I feel sorry for him though.

Donaire is the superbantamweight king. The next Pound for Pound Best Fighter in the world.

Meanwhile, Rigondeaux is an olympic gold medalist. An amateur holding one world title by beating 11 prospects. ****ing lame. ****ing nobody.

Comment

• Originally posted by keehlnate View Post
          lol talking about the resume of rigo in the olympics.

who has Donaire beat? World champions, undefeated fighters, P4P caliber boxers. He didn't beat prospects and nobodys.

You can rant on Donaire ducking Rigo all you want, but the fact is Rigo is not in the same level as Donaire. I feel sorry for him though.

Donaire is the superbantamweight king. The next Pound for Pound Best Fighter in the world.

Meanwhile, Rigondeaux is an olympic gold medalist. An amateur holding one world title by beating 11 prospects. ****ing lame. ****ing nobody.
          World champions? Jeffrey Mathebula.

Undefeated fighters? Omar Narvaez.

Don't make me laugh.

Rigo in his 11 fights is on a better path than Donaire with his 30 fights. Stop defending Phonito's blatant ducking. He needs to be excited for Rigo?!

I'm sure he was very very excited for Sidorenko, Narvaez and Mathebula.

Comment

• I don't get why Donaire avoids him too. I think Donaire destroys Rigo but for some weird reason it does seem like he wants to piece of him. Donaire is a beast though.

Comment

• Originally posted by PacKOtyson View Post
              I'm a Rigo fan, but I thk Donaire will beat him; however, Donaire is still ducking the fight.
              I don't want rigo fans like u...i can't see a way for donaire to win a fight with rigo...he will never land on rigo with those sloppy punches..rigo will time him all night...i see donaire don't like to get hit....donaire fans know it and that's why they approve the ducking..c'mon donaire..man up..both share the same promoter..both are skilled and very talented..both have power..both are champs...why the fuching ducking..go for the wba undefeated champion..

Comment

• [QUOTE=BG_Knocc_Out;12602519]There's really no hype or fan base for Rigo outside of hardcore fans, and he has had limited exposure and most certainly hasn't capitalized on what he has had. Don't get me wrong, it's a fight I want to see. But how do you expect a prizefighter to be motivated for a fight that would not generate much revenue? Nishioka at least has a huge following in Japan. Rigo doesn't have a following because, well, it's Cuba, and pro-boxing is outlawed there, so the only way is to defect to the US. You're not bringing any Cubans over. His best win is Ramos... Give him some time because, yes, he does have the skill-set to give him trouble, but he certainly hasn't earned it. He's not high profile enough.[/Quote
                Mathebula and Narvaez are household names...

Comment

• Originally posted by keehlnate View Post
                  lol talking about the resume of rigo in the olympics.

Because Andre Ward, Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Evander Holyfield, Roy Jones Jr, Floyd Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya, Pernell Whitaker, Sugar Ray Leonard, Lennox Lewis, Wladmir Klitschko and many more have proved that Olympic Medalists make HORRIBLE professionals...

Am I right?

Comment

• Donaire is ducking the 11-0 fighter?

Donaire fought the WBC champion tonight who had defended his title six times.
                    In Donaire's previous fight he fought the IBF super bantamweight champion Jeffrey Mathebula.
                    In his two fights before that he beat Wilfredo Vazquez Jr and the reigning WBO super flyweight champion.
                    Right before that he destroyed the WBO & WBC bantamweight champ Montiel.

So he is ducking the 11-0 Rigondeaux who in his only two title defenses has beat Robert Marroquin, who lost to 14-5-3 Francisco Leal the previous year and Teon Kennedy who somehow got a title fight in spite of the fact Kennedy didn't win his last two fights!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcov View Post
                      Donaire is ducking the 11-0 fighter?

Donaire fought the WBC champion tonight who had defended his title six times.
                      In Donaire's previous fight he fought the IBF super bantamweight champion Jeffrey Mathebula.
                      In his two fights before that he beat Wilfredo Vazquez Jr and the reigning WBO super flyweight champion.
                      Right before that he destroyed the WBO & WBC bantamweight champ Montiel.

So he is ducking the 11-0 Rigondeaux who in his only two title defenses has beat Robert Marroquin, who lost to 14-5-3 Francisco Leal the previous year and Teon Kennedy who somehow got a title fight in spite of the fact Kennedy didn't win his last two fights!
                      Yes, yes he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X