Collapse
No announcement yet.

WoW WoW What A Myth.... Vitali Dominated Lewis??? WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough tough fight. if you go for the scorecards, it was 4-2 for Vitali and if I remember right, Vitali was winning on all 3 scorecards, I might be wrong though. Also if Lewis won taht fight, why didn't he rematch Vitali as he promised to. you are just another silly fan or Lewis' fan

Comment

That was a legit win for Lewis, but Vitali was clearly winning the fight 4-2.

Comment

The scorecards before a stoppage are pretty irrelevant as it is the final result that counts. Maskaev was ahead vs Tua before being stopped just as Vitali was ahead of Byrd before being stopped. Lewis did the damage with his fists and thats what caused the stoppage so there is no controversy unless we have rematches for every fight where by the punches stopped the fight which would be pretty much every fight.

Vitali started well against the old faded Lewis and tried his best for 3 rounds but his best shots bounced off Lennox. He couldnt deck him like Mcall and Rahman did then after his face started to get smashed in there was no way he was going to survive to the end so there was no way he could win. Either on points or by KO. Afrer Lewis landed that uppercut in the 6th Vitali didnt throw a punch back and was pulled out at the end of the round. He may have been leading on the scorecards but at the time of the stoppage Lewis was in the driving seat whereas Vitali looked like he had shot his load.

I'd have liked to have seen a rematch but if a lazy overwieght Lewis stopped Vitali in 6 I think its fairly obvious what a motivated and prepared Lewis would have done.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
          The scorecards before a stoppage are pretty irrelevant as it is the final result that counts. Maskaev was ahead vs Tua before being stopped just as Vitali was ahead of Byrd before being stopped. Lewis did the damage with his fists and thats what caused the stoppage so there is no controversy unless we have rematches for every fight where by the punches stopped the fight which would be pretty much every fight.

Vitali started well against the old faded Lewis and tried his best for 3 rounds but his best shots bounced off Lennox. He couldnt deck him like Mcall and Rahman did then after his face started to get smashed in there was no way he was going to survive to the end so there was no way he could win. Either on points or by KO. Afrer Lewis landed that uppercut in the 6th Vitali didnt throw a punch back and was pulled out at the end of the round. He may have been leading on the scorecards but at the time of the stoppage Lewis was in the driving seat whereas Vitali looked like he had shot his load.

I'd have liked to have seen a rematch but if a lazy overwieght Lewis stopped Vitali in 6 I think its fairly obvious what a motivated and prepared Lewis would have done.
          there is a big difference between getting stopped via KO and stopped via CUTS. you could be whipping my ass, and have knocked me down 4 times and then i barely graze your face with a wild swing and it opens a monster cut. so then they stop the fight and give me the victory. not only do i tout about how i STOPPED you when i was out of shape, but i refuse to give you a rematch.

is that a legit win for me? because that is exactly what you are saying right here, except that i just exaggerated the situation. lewis was getting his ass whipped, he happened to open a bad cut on vitali. vitali could have just as easily opened a cut on lewis - it just didn't play out that way. while both guys were tired at the end, lewis was MORE tired. also consider how draining it would be to have your face cut up as bad as vitali's was, and the dude was still fighting hard. lewis hit him with his BEST uppercut and vitali just took it, like it was a god damn fly landing on him. (prob wouldn't have even landed it if the dude could see).

there should have been a rematch, the fight was totally inconclusive. both guys got in some serious punches, but vitali was definitely whipping lennox's ass. like i said, if you win JUST on CUTS its not really legit. if lennox was whipping vitali's ass AND he opened up cuts, it would be different. however - vitali was the one doing the ass whipping, but the dude got cut. he didn't get knocked out, he got cut. so if you think lennox's victory was legit and conclusive then that means you think the scenario i suggested above is legit and conclusive. lennox was an ATG fighter, but if there wasn't a big question mark about his fight with klitschko, we wouldn't be having this discussion 8 years after the fight.

what do you think happens in the second fight? does lewis win on cuts again? i doubt it. and he sure didn't look like he was close to KOing vitali at any point. he also was preeeetttyyy damn close to getting knocked out in the second round.

Comment

I think I had it 3-3 or 4-2 in Vitali's favor. But Lennox was coming on strong. Vitali was throwing loads of punches but after round two, all of the effective ones were coming from Lennox, who was slowly re-arranging Vitali's face. And for the last ****ing time, who cares? Vitali got stopped. His eyelid would've fallen off with one more right and his eyeball would've popped out, his cheeks were a swollen, purple mess and the inside of his lip and mouth was busted up so bad from uppercuts that he started bleeding from it during the middle of his post-fight interview. If that's not a TKO, I don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
              there is a big difference between getting stopped via KO and stopped via CUTS. you could be whipping my ass, and have knocked me down 4 times and then i barely graze your face with a wild swing and it opens a monster cut. so then they stop the fight and give me the victory. not only do i tout about how i STOPPED you when i was out of shape, but i refuse to give you a rematch.

is that a legit win for me? because that is exactly what you are saying right here, except that i just exaggerated the situation. lewis was getting his ass whipped, he happened to open a bad cut on vitali. vitali could have just as easily opened a cut on lewis - it just didn't play out that way. while both guys were tired at the end, lewis was MORE tired. also consider how draining it would be to have your face cut up as bad as vitali's was, and the dude was still fighting hard. lewis hit him with his BEST uppercut and vitali just took it, like it was a god damn fly landing on him. (prob wouldn't have even landed it if the dude could see).

there should have been a rematch, the fight was totally inconclusive. both guys got in some serious punches, but vitali was definitely whipping lennox's ass. like i said, if you win JUST on CUTS its not really legit. if lennox was whipping vitali's ass AND he opened up cuts, it would be different. however - vitali was the one doing the ass whipping, but the dude got cut. he didn't get knocked out, he got cut. so if you think lennox's victory was legit and conclusive then that means you think the scenario i suggested above is legit and conclusive. lennox was an ATG fighter, but if there wasn't a big question mark about his fight with klitschko, we wouldn't be having this discussion 8 years after the fight.

what do you think happens in the second fight? does lewis win on cuts again? i doubt it. and he sure didn't look like he was close to KOing vitali at any point. he also was preeeetttyyy damn close to getting knocked out in the second round.
              Lewis TKO6 Klitschko

Comment

vitali won the fight

but prime lewis vs vitali

wasn't prime lewis the one who oliver mcall KTFO lol

Comment

Originally posted by tennis-legend View Post
                  vitali won the fight

but prime lewis vs vitali

wasn't prime lewis the one who oliver mcall KTFO lol
                  Lewis TKO6 Klitskho......

These are the facts my friend.......

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post

But they didn't stop the fight in round three did they, when the cut occurred?

Comment

Originally posted by -KPB- View Post
                      Lewis TKO6 Klitskho......

These are the facts my friend.......
                      They refuse to accept this for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X