No announcement yet.

whos better Ali or Marcianno?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommyhearns804
    Let's give Marciano alot of credit.He was a 180 pound fighter who fought 180 pound fighters and because of his skin color he is known as one of the best heavyweights of all time.But if you just read what i said you will realize Marciano was a small cruiserweight.Besides the fact the man never fought heavyweights Marciano also ducked any black fighter who could beat him unless they were pushing 40 or had more than 10 loses.
    That should be enough to show sane boxing fans that he wasn't a much of a fighter and wasn't a great heavyweight period since he wasn't a heavyweight.Marciano was unskilled...If you want to talk about a fighter being slow then watch Marciano fight.You would think a 180 pound fighter would have some hand speed but Marciano was probably the slowest fighter who ever won a piece of any title.But again since he is white his talents are overrated.
    Don't give me this bullshyt about this has nothing to do with race.You put Marciano up because he is white period.If Marciano was a black man or a mexican man or a puerto rican man you would be logical and say the man was small and never fought heavyweights so he isn't a heavyweight.The only thing Marciano proved in his career was if you are white people will worship you like you are god regardless of your skill level.
    Forget the fact Ali is better Tyson is better,Foreman,Bowe,Lewis,Frazier,Norton,Holmes,Qu arry,Shavers,
    Lyle,Vitali and Wladamir Klitckho,Peter,Ibeabuchi,Tua,Morrison,Bruno,Dougla s,Michael Grant ect ect ect ect ect ect are better than him.The only differce is most of the guys i named are black and all of them besides Ibeabuchi have a lost on their record because they actaully fought other 200 pound plus heavyweights.
    Ali fought virtually every top fighter he could fight.Sure Norton beat him 3 times and a prime Frazier beat him.Sure Young,Shavers and Spinks beat the tar out of Ali but got robbed but at least he fought them.If you are a fan of boxing and not a fan of a skin color then you know Ali is superior to Marciano in every way.This is from a man who hates Ali's guts but unlike you people I am not blinded by stupidity.If a fighter is better than another then he is better.If Marciano fighting 180 pound white fighters and ducking every black fighter who was in their primes means Marciano is overrated and not a heavyweight great then he isnt.Just live with it morons.
    U are right in some aspekts, but u make me laugh.Do u think Marciano needed more speed???Bahahaha!!!For what??Running skared like Ali??Marciano dont needed speed bekause with is power he knoked every one that he wanted!!!!

Comment

jekdempxy, you are blinded by the undefeated record? Ali would have been undefeated also if the army didn't strip him of his title and banned his license. He lost his speed not because of his old age but because of his inactivity. Ali would have been just as fast in 1971 when he fought Frazier, as in 1967, and a heck of alot stronger (as he was stronger in 1971 anyway) if he was boxing straight from 1960 up to that point.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
        jekdempxy, you are blinded by the undefeated record? Ali would have been undefeated also if the army didn't strip him of his title and banned his license. He lost his speed not because of his old age but because of his inactivity. Ali would have been just as fast in 1971 when he fought Frazier, as in 1967, and a heck of alot stronger (as he was stronger in 1971 anyway) if he was boxing straight from 1960 up to that point.
        Nope, im not blinded!!And u may put the best Ali with the worse Marciano that was still the same!!!!Marciano is the greatest of all times.

Comment

Originally posted by gogan
          who is better off? Rocky marcianno for holding the heavyweight championship without being beaten or Ali for fighting amazing fighters and claiming the titles 3 times?

whats your appionion?
          i think it would help if you could spell
          Marciano's name correctly.

to answer you Ali was a better boxer
          Marciano had alot of power though.

Comment

Jekdempxy, Marciano couldn't hold Ali's jock strap. In terms of dimensions Ali's six-three 210 frame has it all over Marciano's five-ten 185 sorry state of a human being.

Comment

In one point u are right!!

Originally posted by butterfly1964
              Jekdempxy, Marciano couldn't hold Ali's jock strap. In terms of dimensions Ali's six-three 210 frame has it all over Marciano's five-ten 185 sorry state of a human being.
              In one poin u are right, but power kounts a lot in Heavyweight division, and Ali lacked that.

Comment

Ali had some power, not like Marciano, but you say Marciano didn't need speed. The fact is Ali didn't need power. IF YOU CAN'T HIT SOMEBODY, IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH POWER YOU HAVE! Ali would hit Marciano all day with that left jab. Not that much power, but over a period of time Marciano would have worn down and been knocked out. Look what Clay did to Liston in their first fight. And Liston would have murdered Marciano.

Comment

h2h - a close contest - i'd give ali a better chance against superheavyweights but i will also give marciano a good chance against ali himself.
                  p4p - marciano clearly as he dominated bigger men as opposed to ali who struggled against smaller men (frazier , doug jones , michael spinks)

Comment

Originally posted by jekdempxy View Post
                    Of Kourse Marciano is better man.Didnīt u see the komputer fight???A guy that was a sample of Marciano (Joe Frazier) beat Ali`s but!!!Why kompare them???Do u think Ali with all bobin and weavin could take the most powerfull boxer of all time???

The computer had Rocky knocking out Ali in the 13th round.

Here's all you need to know about computer fights. In September of 1970, they used the same computer that produced the Marciano-Ali fight to pick the winner of the Joe Frazier vs. Bob Foster heavyweight title fight in November of 1970. The computer picked Foster to stop Frazier in the sixth round. Since Frazier knocked Foster out in the second round, the computer could not have been more wrong. In fact, Frazier hit Foster so hard that he injured his ankle while he was going down.

Comment

Whose the best, Ali by a long margin. Who is on Marciano's resume that a Joe Frazier couldn't beat, nobody IMO.
                      That said a fight between the 2 of them in Marciano's era, laxer refereeing (no stoppage on cuts and a blind eye to the Rock's more creative tricks) , small ring etc Marciano could really take Ali to hell.
                      The fight will last 15 I can't see either knocking the other out.
                      Marciano had phenominal stamina, no resting for Ali on the ropes against him.
                      Marciano had a great chin I think Ali could keep him honest with cuts (which wouldnt be such a factor in Marciano's era) but I don't think he would have the power to force Marciano back. So Ali needs to put shot run keep on his toes for 15 rounds.
                      I favour Ali but in a series of 10 fights I see Marciano having some success in a couple of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X