Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who are all these slick boxers that Pac should be facing instead??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
    I don't think it is a question of fighting a slick boxer, but of fighting a fighter who is on the way up instead of down and someone who has not recently suffered a significant defeat. Pac's last five opponents have been: Clottey (lost in his last fight to Cotto); Cotto (KOd two fights earlier against Margarito, and who many believe was not nearly as good after the KO); Hatton (KO'd two fights earlier against Mayweather and struggled in his last fight against Laczano); Oscar de la Hoya (obviously weight drained moving down to 147); and David Diaz (who was considered the fourth or fifth best fighter at 135). There were better opponents than all of these that were available to him at 135, 140 and 147. Instead he chose to take on the weakest challenge he could find. Now they are talking about Margarito in his next fight, which would be as bad if not worse than these five.
    No his last fight before Pac was a stoppage victory over top 10 JWW fighter in Paulie Malignaggi. And, Hatton did not really struggled in that fight. But, whatever fits your agenda bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
      They named a lot of the slick fighters he should face...

Just like your hero Fedor should be facing the top guys at Heavyweight like Coture, Lesnar, Velasquez, Mir, Carwin, Dos Santos...oh wait...they are UFC...the company he didn't sign with...

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        I don't think it is a question of fighting a slick boxer, but of fighting a fighter who is on the way up instead of down and someone who has not recently suffered a significant defeat. Pac's last five opponents have been: Clottey (lost in his last fight to Cotto); Cotto (KOd two fights earlier against Margarito, and who many believe was not nearly as good after the KO); Hatton (KO'd two fights earlier against Mayweather and struggled in his last fight against Laczano); Oscar de la Hoya (obviously weight drained moving down to 147); and David Diaz (who was considered the fourth or fifth best fighter at 135). There were better opponents than all of these that were available to him at 135, 140 and 147. Instead he chose to take on the weakest challenge he could find. Now they are talking about Margarito in his next fight, which would be as bad if not worse than these five.

The thing is what you are not considering is that all these so called better fighters that he should have fought were up and comers when pac made his run at 147. And all these so called fighters on their way out were not considered on their way out before pac fought them and seriously fighter coming off a loss? Clottey was the only one who actually lost his last fight you can't seriously think that every fighter Pac fought over the last 2 years is over the hill because they..."gasp" lost a fight? Thats what happens dummy!!! Fighters sometimes lose fights!!!

What if pac beats Floyd are you gonna say something like "That fight with Jose Luis Castillo really took it out of him he's been on his way down ever since"?

This is just getting stupid.

Comment

Whats Floyd's record against those guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Rushcutters Bay View Post
            Whats Floyd's record against those guys?
            Against what guys?

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
              Against what guys?
              I was responding to the fella who said Pac should fight Guzman, Alexander and Collazo (I am ******ed and I hit the wrong reply button).

Comment

Originally posted by Rushcutters Bay View Post
                I was responding to the fella who said Pac should fight Guzman, Alexander and Collazo (I am ******ed and I hit the wrong reply button).
                But why would he fight any of those guys when he can fight the jugernaut war beast know as Carlos Baldomir LOL!!

Comment

But why would he fight any of those guys when he can fight the jugernaut war beast know as Carlos Baldomir LOL!!
                  He wasn't a super-featherweight or lightweight at the time.

Quit being an idiot.

You asked what slick fighters should he have faught. People started dropping names and you just go stupid saying he shouldn't fight them.

You kill your own thread with **** like that. Don't ask a question next time if you don't want it answered.

Comment

Other than Floyd I really can't think of any of these supposed slick boxers that pac would have trouble with. And whats all this talk about Pac fighting nothing but face first brawlers? Cotto's a face first brawler? Clotty the counter puncher? Oscar who was an all around boxer? I'll give you Hatton but what face first brawler has pac fought since David Diaz and even before that who?
                    Only posters like No ceilings, *****s and Pac haters are posting that b.s.

BTW Pac should not have faced Guzman. If he did, he would have turned down a guy people claim arguable beat him and also a shot at the Lineal/Ring Belt.

I can only imagine the Pac ducked Marquez threads if Pac chose Guzman over Marquez back then....
                    Last edited by Khalid X; 04-16-2010, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      He wasn't a super-featherweight or lightweight at the time.

Quit being an idiot.

You asked what slick fighters should he have faught. People started dropping names and you just go stupid saying he shouldn't fight them.

You kill your own thread with **** like that. Don't ask a question next time if you don't want it answered.
                      What names did they drop? Mosley and Nate Campbell? How are they slick? Because, they're African American? Is that what makes them slick? Becuase, they don't have a slick style

I saw Collazo name he is not slick either, he is crafty but not slick. Which is a difference.

Alexander? When did he become an option? Just now.... And, he is not even ready yet. Somebody like a Margarito would pose Pac more problems then what an Alexander will. As of right now Margarito has a better chance in beating Pac then what Alexander has. He is just not ready. It is quite stupid to bring his name up.

You were the first and I think the only one in this whole thread that mentioned Joan Guzman. Again you can make a case for him that Pac should of fought. And, he was slick...

But, I swear people who bash Pac about NEVER fought a slick fighter did not follow Pac career or do not follow the lower weight divisions because Sasakul who Pac beat to become the flyweight lineal champ was slick.

Comment

Working...
                      X